ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glasgow Confirmed Return to archive
03-09-03 08:19 AM
FM Hope the link works.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/features/featuresfeed/page.cfm?objectid=12714929&method=full&siteid=86024

If not cut and paste it into
your browser :-)

Fraser
03-09-03 11:36 AM
Gazza Cheers Fraser - you beat me to it

These dates those that I posted on another thread last night which were originally posted on the IORR page, so it would follow that the other 6 September dates the guy confirmed (manchester 5th & 7th, Dublin 9th and 11th, Wembley 14th & 15th) are accurate too

here's the full story from the Sunday Mail - I'd imagine,like Wembley there'll be some tickets at around �35 or so too:

STONES: WE ARE PLAYING SCOTLAND

Mar 9 2003

EXCLUSIVE

WE told you they were coming and we were dead right... The Rolling Stones are set to rock the SECC in Glasgow.

Last night, the rock legends confirmed they will play two shows at the venue on September 1 and 3.

And Scots fans are in for a real treat. For the Stones - Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts - plan to transform the 8500- capacity Hall 4 into an intimate nightclub venue.

The band's new Forty Licks set features two stages linked by a giant catwalk. That means Jagger and his group will perform just 20ft away from their loyal Scots fans.

A Stones spokesman said: "The band have always loved playing in Glasgow from those early gigs in the 1960s at Barrowland and the Odeon Cinema to those great nights at the legendary Apollo. "There's no way they wanted to miss the city out out of the Forty Licks tour."

Seeing the Stones at such close quarters will be like watching them play in a club. They normally perform to 60,000 people in huge stadiums around the world.

The SECC will be adapted to accommodate the Stones' massive 200-strong entourage. Hall 5 - next door to where the concert will take place - -will become a huge dressing-room/chill-out area for the group.

The 5000-capacity hall has been used for concerts by big names such as Alice Cooper and The Manic Street Preachers. Mick, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts will entertain celebrity guests including Billy Connolly and Fran Healy of Travis, who are being invited to the shows.

A snooker room is being set up especially for guitarist Keith and a team of top chefs will be flown in to prepare lobster, roast beef and smoked salmon, all washed down with their favourite tipples of champagne, Jack Daniels and Guinness.

An SECC spokesman said: "We're delighted the group have decided to come here. We've had many stars play here but they don't come any bigger than The Rolling Stones."

Tickets for the all-seated shows go on sale at the SECC box office on March 21.

Premium front seats will cost �150. Side seats will cost �85 and �75.

03-09-03 01:18 PM
Gazza For those of you who will be still in the UK for a few days after the Wembley show on 29/8 and are thinking of taking in more shows, you can get a return flight to Glasgow with Easyjet from �35 including taxes if you book it early enough

Just checked a sample fare flying from London Luton on Monday 1st september and returning on the following day (Easyjet also flies to Glasgow from London Stansted airport )
even if youre staying for the 2nd Glasgow show on Wednesday the 3rd

I 've already booked two flights out from Belfast on the afternoon of each Glasgow show. coming back the next day in each case (Returning home for 24 hrs in between - at those prices its actually cheaper than staying in a hotel the day theres no show!!) Got the 2 flights for �25 and �39.

All I have to do now is get tickets for the concerts!!

All of the three venues outside London on this part of the tour (ie Glasgow, Manchester and Dublin) are easily accessible at similar rates from low cost airlines (Easyjet,BMIbaby,Ryanair etc) if you book early enough. You can also book each leg of your flight individually in case youre thinking of doing a lot of one-way trips to take in ALL the shows.
[Edited by Gazza]
03-09-03 01:18 PM
Highwire Rob That's an excellent read!

But come on Keef and boys... Bringing in Jack Daniels when you'll be in the homeland of great whiskey?
03-09-03 01:20 PM
Gazza I think thats a bit of journalistic licence there,Highwire!

JD hasnt been Keith's no.1 tipple of choice for a long time and Woody's off the hard stuff!
03-09-03 07:45 PM
FM The article that Gazza posted
goes on to say that Meatloaf is
booked @ the SECC for the 21st Nov - my birthday.

I say - YIPPEE !

Saw the Loaf in Glasgow and Newcastle
a few years back - a GREAT night.
Get out there and see him - you won't be
disappointed [I hope !]

Fraser
[Edited by FM]
03-10-03 12:44 AM
MarthaMyDear PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT!!! lol................................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I LOVE Meatloaf, actually!!! Does he do the song he did in the Rocky Horror Picture Show?!?!?! HOT PATTUTI (sp), BLESS MY SOUL!!! I REALLY LOVE THAT ROCK 'N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol................................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P CHEERS, MATE, and have fun, alrighty?!?!?! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, also!!! PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
03-10-03 08:39 PM
Scot Rocks What can I say!!!!!!1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!

IM GOING TO GET MY HOLIDAYS FROM WORK ARRANGED ALREADY!!!

SEE YA ALL THERE

Mark

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST