ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dates for UK extra show Return to archive
03-09-03 03:07 AM
marko Took this from IORR tell me section,dates for extra uk shows!
1&3.9.03 Glasgow
5&7.9.03 Manchester
9&11.9.03 DUBLIN
14&15.9.03 London

thats about,,,,,,,,8 more shows!start saving!Also at iorr
one guy said,,,,,2004 tour wil�l be fun&expensive.
03-09-03 11:11 AM
Zeeta Cheers Marko, fuckin' ace news, do you know when tickets go on sale?
Matt
03-09-03 11:41 AM
Gazza Glasgow shows go on sale Friday march 21st, so Im sure we'll hear about the others around the same time
03-09-03 07:37 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
marko wrote:
2004 tour wil�l be fun&expensive.

I really like the first part.......
03-10-03 03:58 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Ow how nice. I did have the last show of this tour till now...money, I need more money!!!
03-10-03 03:41 PM
Gazza Today's "Irish News" confirms that they will indeed be playing the Point Theatre in Dublin in September (although they didnt give a date) Capacity it says is around 6,000 when all-seated! Thats practically a club show!!
03-10-03 03:55 PM
jb Hoi Gazza, why are they playing in feckin smaller and smaller arenas? This is sadly beginning to look very similar to the Who's final tour.
03-10-03 04:28 PM
Gazza simple answer

the UK and Ireland dont HAVE indoor concert arenas of the size of Madison Square Garden etc.

after all,most of our sports that have big attendances are staged outdoors - so whilst theres basketball and ice hockey leagues in the UK, you dont need a 20,000 arena to stage them in as hardly any of the sporting events (apart from the occasional top boxing match) or concert attractions could fill them. A venue half that size is generally sufficient

Until a few years ago,most arenas in the UK were horrible old aircraft hangar style exhibition centres with lousy sound like Earls Court (London), Ingliston (Edinburgh), Stafford Bingley Hall, Belfast Kings Hall etc. most of those type of places are about 40-50 years old.

In the last few years, theyve built a lot of new arenas which are more concert-friendly such as the Docklands Arena in London, the MEN Arena in Manchester, Telewest Arena Newcastle, Cardiff International Arena,Sheffield Arena, NIA Birmingham, Belfast Odyssey Arena, Bournemouth international Arena to name a few. The one in Manchester where I presume the September shows are taking place holds over 20,000 however.

The Point in Dublin would probably hold about 9,000- the Odyssey in Belfast is just as big, maybe even bigger. However when you put seats n the floor and add that gangway and b-stage,youre reducing the capacity considerably.

However, Dublin is the more obvious city to play an Irish date in as its a bigger city and more tourist-friendly. Ireland is an island with a total population of only 5 million,so theres very few bands who could fill stadiums there.

I also think that theyre being quite optimistic if they think they can fill two arenas in each of those cities - especially Glasgow and Dublin as those are in countries with a small population. the prices of these shows are gonna take a lot of people by surprise as its unheard of plus the fact that most diehards who would be willing to pay �80 and upwards for tickets will already have scrambled for the London shows.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST