ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Withdrawls Return to archive
03-08-03 10:40 AM
nankerphelge First I want to say thanks to the Aussies for their great work on covering their leg of the tour -- I'm not exaggerating when I say that your reviews and pix really did make me feel it -- a sentiment shared by others as well.

But now I'm feeling left out. For some reason, these Asian shows are getting to me. For some reason -- and maybe it's a lack of Asian fans here -- but it seems very distant and remote and I'm feeling a need for a show.

For some reason, Bangkok still haunts me.
Maybe its the Thai food I ate last nite.
Maybe its the promise of some other-worldly chiba.
Maybe I just like to say Bangkok.

Stones, bang and kok all just seem to go together harmoniously for some reason...
03-08-03 11:10 AM
LadyJane Nank-I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but I feel your pain my friend .

While we will hopefully get to read some official "reviews" (Moy and CS are always good about that!!), we don't have any "real" fan perspective to look forward to.

Don't we have any wealthy members who could fly to the Orient?! Better yet, fly some of us RO ladies to Asia! We would certainly stand out in the crowd, especially China and India! Blondes, brunettes and redheads decked out in Stones gear, dancing and singing in the front row!
Could make for some very interesting stories!!

LadyJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
03-08-03 11:47 AM
nankerphelge Hey -- some of the RO guys want in on that trip!!
I'll even sport some high-heel shoes and mascara!!

Yeah, I'd stand out like a turd in a punchbowl -- but I'd be in!!

03-08-03 12:45 PM
parmeda
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Don't we have any wealthy members who could fly to the Orient?! Better yet, fly some of us RO ladies to Asia! We would certainly stand out in the crowd, especially China and India! Blondes, brunettes and redheads decked out in Stones gear, dancing and singing in the front row!
Could make for some very interesting stories!!

Do you really think they'd be ready for US?
Talk about an international scandal...

We'd make good headlines though!

03-08-03 01:04 PM
Nellcote LJ, please consider the future use of "I feel your pain".

I'd thought we'd lost that when Bubba moved to Chappaqua.

Just that expression, along with the fact that CBS has paid him to beam into my home again makes me take flight to the
porcelain Buddah, with a Technicolor yawn!
03-08-03 01:44 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
LJ, please consider the future use of "I feel your pain".

I'd thought we'd lost that when Bubba moved to Chappaqua.

Just that expression, along with the fact that CBS has paid him to beam into my home again makes me take flight to the
porcelain Buddah, with a Technicolor yawn!

Sorry Nellcote! Didn't mean to cause you any unnecessary nausea! I will try to be more careful in the future.

BTW, I noticed that you've recently had a change of address. Do tell, which is a more frightening place- Baghdad or Neverland Ranch??

LOL

LadyJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST