ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why Why Why!!!! Return to archive
03-07-03 11:22 PM
Scot Rocks Today, I finished work at 10.30pm went straight out, my friend gave me a lift in so I took some cds with me, namely IORR and Ya Ya's. On the way back home after after a "few" drinks, I insist on Ya Ya's track 5 (Rambler), they last 5 min, before moaning due to everyone in the back it is changed, just before Keef and Mick T kick in with that glorious build up, I was shocked and dissapointed, I am just glad I have found the Stones, the GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!! whatever anyone thinks.

We are indeed special. There have been some political threads recently that have divided opinion and caused rifts, however in the end, we are united by something special and neverending. THE ROLLING STONES. Where would we be without them.

LONG LIVE THE GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD!!!

Cheers

Bona nit, Bona sera, goodnight

STONES!!!!

Mark

03-08-03 12:09 AM
fmk438j No one chooses to be a stones fan.

It just happens and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Who in their right mind would choose to have an addiction?

Not me.

Becoming a fan isn't a conscious decision, we are just helplessly following the stones' call.

03-08-03 12:17 AM
Fiji Joe Well said FMK....and Scott...some people are just down right stupid
03-08-03 09:50 AM
steel driving hammer I think it stems from people like Charlie...
03-08-03 11:27 AM
Chico I know what you mean Mark. When I put Rambler on , my friends said the same thing in the middle and... off it goes.Have you heard Rambler from '72 or '73 yet.Absolute beasts! Make '69 sound a mere young pup.If any freind tries to put them off, they're cruisin'for a bruisin'lol
03-08-03 11:41 AM
tumblingdice Next time you be the driver if you can. Then if they bitch you can say fuck em and turn the stereo up!!! Back in my wild running days, I was usually the one with the ride and my friends knew when they got in it would be Stones music most times the whole time but if not most of the time while in my car. I mean shit with that many albums to run through the friends are drunk and passed out before the Stones get through playing!!!
03-08-03 12:08 PM
nankerphelge "We do not choose to be Stones fans."
That is profound and I really believe it.
It is a philisophical and physiological issue that I have wrestled with ever since I succumbed to the addiction.

What is it about this band that makes them so damn addictive? There are certainly a lot of facets to the answer. Part of it is image, and attitude, the message. But I believe with every fiber of my being that there is a certain something that happens when these guys play as a unit -- a sonic magic that resonates with the ChromoStones in certain people's DNA. I like other bands -- many rock just fine. I think Keith and Mick and Ronnie and Charlie do some fine work apart from each other. But it isn't magic. The Hoodoo and Voodoo just ain't there. Put them together tho, and the tingle sets in.

There is a reason for it -- it is preordained that certain of us are "antennae" for this particular brand of broadcast. I'm still unsure of what it is but I like it, like it, yes I do!
03-08-03 12:46 PM
throbby Well said Nanker!
03-08-03 01:47 PM
Stray Cat I know that sometime in August ,at whatever gigs I end up at, there'll be a lip trembling moment when I realise why I fell for this band 20 odd years ago . It always happens .
03-08-03 10:13 PM
woodywoodpecker I think Nanker has got it right.
It;s the image/the music, that got me hooked anyway.
No one looks better or sounds better in Rock n roll so the answer is quite simple really.

"You dare to listen to the Stones, you will end up with one major addiction!"

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST