ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bad news for us Soprano fans Return to archive
03-07-03 03:22 PM
steel driving hammer Tony Soprano Actor Wants Out of HBO Contract
Fri Mar 7,11:17 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Fans of HBO's popular drama "The Sopranos (news - Y! TV)" may have to fuhgeddabout a fifth season after James Gandolfini (news), the actor who plays the family patriarch, filed a lawsuit on Friday seeking a release from his contract.

AP Photo

Gandolfini, a two-time Emmy award winner for his portrayal of conflicted mob boss Tony Soprano, alleged in a suit filed in California that HBO violated a clause in his contract when it failed to notify him of a $20 million deal it struck with David Chase, the show's creator.

The end of "The Sopranos," which broke records for a cable show last year by pulling in 13.4 million for its premiere, would be a huge blow to HBO, the subscription cable channel owned by AOL Time Warner .

"The Sopranos" is HBO's most popular show, and it spawned a string of HBO hits such as "Six Feet Under" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

The network dismissed Gandolfini's suit as a negotiating ploy designed to extract more money. The show's fifth season was scheduled to begin shooting in April, according to a spokesman.

Gandolfini receives about $400,000 an episode under a deal renegotiated after the first season of "The Sopranos," according to Variety, roughly in line with stars like Martin Sheen (news) of NBC's "The West Wing (news - web sites)" but far below the $1.6 million per episode paid to Kelsey Grammer (news) for NBC's "Frasier."

Network television shows generate advertising revenue, while commercial-free HBO derives its revenue solely from subscriptions.

FUGETABOUTIT!

03-07-03 03:36 PM
Nellcote At the end of the day, Tony gets his way.
They can't rub him out like Jackie Aprile.
What would Keith do? They probably are ready to launch
another one of his songs, ala Thru & Thru!
03-07-03 03:37 PM
Gazza maybe he should get a release from that beard! jesus!

ah well..every cloud has a silver lining. It frees Steve Van Zandt up for more time playing with the E-Street Band.

I think series 5 is supposed to be the last one anyway, isn't it? Series 4 wasn't as great as the first three IMO. Still the best thing on the box though

The "Paulie Walnuts For Boss" campaign starts here!
[Edited by Gazza]
03-07-03 05:06 PM
littleredrooster Is that Pavarotti ! ???????
03-07-03 05:11 PM
NHStonesfan Ironically I ordered HBO for
the Stones Concert and the Sopranos
are a bonus. Luckily I'm behind by 4 seasons
so it will be fresh for awhile.
03-07-03 06:06 PM
Boomhauer Gandolfini was at the NY HBO show.

They showed him on the re-runs, not the original live show.

He was singing along to "Satisfaction".
03-08-03 10:08 PM
woodywoodpecker cant say I have watched the programme is it worthwhile?

I know Mick & Keef love the show!
03-09-03 12:33 AM
JaggaRichards You tell that goombah--
I AIN'T NO BANDLEADER!
03-09-03 12:11 PM
Gazza Paulie Walnuts : "hey Silvio,do you remember your first blow job?"

Silvio : "oh YEAH"

Paulie Walnuts : "how long did it take the guy to come?"

(I know I posted this a couple of weeks ago,but i still think its as funny as fuck..)
03-09-03 12:26 PM
full moon Just a ploy for more money.. It will be worked out for sure.. That show is the bomb for HBO.......
03-09-03 04:33 PM
Joey Great " Howard Carter -Like " find Steelie !

Cold - as - shit out , huh ?

Thanks !

Jacky Boy !
03-10-03 10:36 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Paulie Walnuts : "hey Silvio,do you remember your first blow job?"

Silvio : "oh YEAH"

Paulie Walnuts : "how long did it take the guy to come?"

(I know I posted this a couple of weeks ago,but i still think its as funny as fuck..)

It IS as funny as fuck!
A joke that never gets tired........LOL!!!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST