ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RUSH CD AND DVD V. STONES CD Return to archive
03-07-03 11:25 AM
VirginiaMonkeyMan So, Rush has a new Greatest Hits CD. But the cool thing is that it comes with a free bonus DVD with their old videos. A nice jesture to the fans of Rush I think. Why can't the stones do something nice like that for us?

And I would be interested in what you all think of Rush. I have friends that are crazy about them so I make fun of Gettys voice of course, but deep down I think they rock.
03-07-03 11:31 AM
J.J.Flash Virginia Monkey, fella you should listen to "Working Man" from his debut album. Listen to this and after, tell me your reactions....... See ya!
Keep Rockin!
03-07-03 11:32 AM
J.J.Flash I almost forget to say, I'm not a Rush fan..........
03-07-03 09:11 PM
Madafaka Stones are playing for you 40 years! What else?
Hi JJFlash! You country rulez! I've already said it that?
I'm still in Natal, see you next week from Buenos Aires.
03-07-03 09:14 PM
Fiji Joe Rush...man I haven't listened to them since I traded my Rush cassettes for a pair of roller skates...still got the skates
03-07-03 11:03 PM
steel wls I took a lot of shit awhile back on Gasx3 about Rush. I posted they were one of my favorite groups. I love them. I saw them on the Power Windows Tour. What videos are on that dvd?
03-07-03 11:28 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Stones are playing for you 40 years! What else?
Hi JJFlash! You country rulez! I've already said it that?
I'm still in Natal, see you next week from Buenos Aires.

Hey Madafaka, what a long time man............. How are you Motherfucker? Thanks about the "Your country rulez!". I hope you had some fun here in my country on "Carnaval", this should mean "Mardi Gras" in another countries.
OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I almost forgot, YA MADAFAKA, WHERE IS MY FUCKIN' BOOTLEG, MAN, I'VE BEEN WAITING THIS FOR SO LONG, YOU KNOW MAN.................... Ohhhhhhhhhhh, sorry, it's a joke, but with some truth behind it. PLease, send me my HBO concert man. Don't forget about the Brussels Affair Definitive!
I hope you're fine..... remember, don't mess with my girls here..... hahahahaha LOL
About Rush, I'm not a Rush fan.......... I don't like the voice of Geddy Lee too much!
Guys, keep rockin'!
03-07-03 11:35 PM
J.J.Flash Fiji, I'm still laughing when you said about your trade of Rush K7 for a pait of roller skates...........I hope you still play with the rollers....... HAhahaha, you know, GEddy Lee voice or a good pair of new and speedy Rollers, make your choice? hahahaha LOL!
Keep Rockin' Fiji!
03-07-03 11:37 PM
full moon Rush is great, get some taste.. They have the best drummer in Rock music, a great guitarist and one of the best bass players.. Great lyrics also..
03-08-03 03:43 AM
Highwire Rob I don't collect Rush's music but Classic Rock radio in the 80's (back when I listened to radio) gave me doses of their hits.

I give Neil Pert a lot of respect for his philosophical lyrics. It's clear from his writing that he's well read in Existentialism and Ayn Rand. Rush is able to musically communicate those critical thoughts in poetry and rock lyrics. Their body of work assures their place in Rock's illustrious short-list of bands with an original sound and something meaningful to say.
03-08-03 01:08 PM
J.J.Flash I agree with you Rob about the great lyrics they have.
03-08-03 02:30 PM
Mr T "Rush is great, get some taste.. They have the best drummer in Rock music, a great guitarist and one of the best bass players.. Great lyrics also.."

I gotta second that - too many people on this board don't like Rush
03-08-03 04:41 PM
tumblingdice If any of you have Direct TV they are showing a Rush concert from the 80's I think on the freeview. Meaning no charge. I think it is channel 101 or somewhere in the 100's. I may have to check it out, I actually am not familiar with them. I am sure I have heard the songs but maybe don't know who is playing them.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST