ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Extra UK shows will be announced Return to archive
03-06-03 05:33 PM
Gazza Now we have Bjornulf on IORR's "Tell me" page adding to the rumours we've been posting about extra UK arena shows in September

He says we can expect the stoens to add concerts in the following cities:

Birmingham
Manchester
Glasgow

I've heard also from 3 different sources unconnected with each other that the Stones will also play in Dublin in September - this show may well be the European tour finale.

As we're talking about arena shows here, one can presume the venues to be :

Birmingham - NEC or National Indoor Arena
Manchester - Manchester Evening News Arena
Glasgow - Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre
Dublin - Point Depot or R.D.S. Simmonscourt Arena
03-06-03 05:37 PM
glencar I'd love to see the Stones in Ireland. Unfortunately, I'm going theree 5 months before they play there. Now I wish I hadn't bought those tix to Twix. Dammit all to Hell.
03-06-03 05:42 PM
fmk438j THe guy I was listening to mentioned some football stadium for the Scottish venue.

But as you know gazza my ears have decieved me before!
03-06-03 05:49 PM
Honky Tonk Man FANTASTIC!

I think im done for this tour but, by god this is great news!

Alex
03-06-03 05:52 PM
Gazza the talk Ive heard is arena shows for the extra UK gigs. I have heard rumours as well about a couple of stadium shows but I think thats improbable (the Slane show in Ireland is DEFINITELY a non starter for example).. also the football season starts in early August which makes playing stadiums in Europe difficult once thats started (Twickenham is of course a rugby stadium). the football season in the UK starts earlier than it does in most of Europe.

The Mail on Sunday (a Scottish paper) reported a few weeks ago they would play two shows at Glasgow SE & CC. I'd think thats more likely as a venue than any of the 3 major fotball stadiums in Glasgow (Ibrox, Hampden ..and that other one I cant bring myself to mention but that Scotrocks will no doubt remind me of sometime soon..)
[Edited by Gazza]
03-06-03 05:56 PM
Honky Tonk Man I think its just great that the Stones are playing in more than one City up North!

Gazza, you wouldn't be talking about Parkhead would you? LOL

Alex
03-06-03 06:01 PM
stewed & Keefed No new Wembley gigs
03-06-03 06:03 PM
Gazza Alex - yes

Your tour over? get your lazy ass up north, you cockney bastard!! There's drinking to be done in September!

Also - watch yer letterbox in the next few days.

Stewed & Keefed:

Some good-natured stats:

2003 UK shows confirmed to date : 3
London (population 8 million) - 3 shows, 65,000 tickets
Rest of the UK (population 52 million) - FUCK ALL

Public UK Stones shows since 1982:

1990 - 10 (5 in London, 5 rest of UK)
1995 - 5 (4 in London, 1 in Sheffield)
1999 - 5 (3 in London, 1 in Sheffield, 1 in Edinburgh)

All non-stadium shows since 1982 have taken place only in London. Remember also the 1999 "small shows in 10 different cities" tour that never happened (promised to compensate for the 1998 shows being postponed)

Conclusion : I think the rest of our sceptred isle are long overdue a few shows around the provinces instead of having to commute to the very south of the country and one of the most expensive cities in the world.

GET YOUR ARSE UP NORTH TOO! THE U.K. DOES EXIST NORTH OF WATFORD GAP!
[Edited by Gazza]
03-06-03 06:17 PM
Honky Tonk Man I will be 20 in September!

I must admit that it would bring things full circle nicely. New Jersey and New York 2002. Birmingham and wet old Manchester 2003.

Well i may just be able to scrape a few pennies together for one more show!

Im always watching my letter box!

Cheers

Alex
03-06-03 06:18 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Your tour over? get your lazy ass up north, you cockney bastard!! There's drinking to be done in September!

Bastard mabey but cockney? I'm from KENT lol
watch my letterbox. mmmm now you got me thinking.
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
03-06-03 06:44 PM
Gazza S&K

the letter box thing & "Cockney" jibe was aimed at Alex (hes also from Kent, but close enough)
03-06-03 06:55 PM
Gazza > must admit that it would bring things full circle nicely. New Jersey and New York 2002. Birmingham and wet old Manchester 2003.

I was thinking something similar a few days ago. My first Stones show was Slane Castle (near Dublin) in 1982. they havent played in Ireland since then,so all 24 shows I've seen since have involved me crossing water and making at least one boat or plane ride. It would be a bit ironic if Dublin 2003 was going to be my last show.

Nice thing about those gigs for me is that theyre all commutable from here on low cost airlines (Easyjet, Mytravellite,Bmibaby etc) even if the shows are two days apart as seems to be the norm on this tour. Nipping home for 24 hours on a day when theres no show would actually save some dough instead of being on the road for another week or so.
03-06-03 07:58 PM
Scot Rocks YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Thank you Gazza!!!!!!

I hope to see you all in Glasgow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glasgow has the best nightlife outside London in the UK, place is full of pubs, great place for a night out.

Haha Gazza mate nice one, you are right about the stadiums though, football season will be underway, the only possible places would be Murrayfield and perhaps Hampden.

See ya there!!!

Cheers

Mark
03-07-03 12:24 AM
MarthaMyDear Screw stupid Ireland and the rest of the UK... I look forward to my massive (hopefully) shopping spree in London and the four shows there!!! HE!!! HE!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P AREEBAH!!! AREEBAH!!! AREEBAH!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is)!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Shopping is going to be MY biggest drug (or alcohol intake) and sometimes it's even better than SEX!!! Especially the sex I've had lately... Did I just say that??? UGH!!! Oh, boy... lol..........................................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Oh, well... Sigh... Life can be sad sometimes... Especially when you have bad sex... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways... Gary!!! I am going to start counting how many times you complain about the ticket prices, etc., BUT *** I *** want to complain now... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need to get it off my chest... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to all four London shows WHEN I could DAMN WELL be moving into to a MUCH BETTER AND BIGGER place in a MUCH better and funner side of town where I have wanted to move to for YEARS that I hang-out in all the time, etc., which I am planning on doing after the London shows, etc., AND not have to keep working this CRUDDY-ASS job just because it's flexible and I am guaranteed the time off for this London trip, etc., AND MOST of all of my money will be going towards the ticket prices and this trip about 8 MONTHS AHEAD OF TIME!!! I am not paying by credit card... I'm paying for this ALL up-front/by cash!!! lol..........................................................
AND, I could be putting ALOT of this money into things I enjoy doing like jewelry-making, which CAN be expensive, depending on what you make and I do like the more expensive things, mostly, etc., and another computer and computer things, etc.... OH!!! And, I got rid of my cable so I could scrimp every penney... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, here is a list of things I'm doing to save and scrape those penneys together:

1.) Got rid of cable TV (until after the trip when I'm getting Satellite, which I can get for the same amount here, I think, unbeknownst to me?!?!?!)
2.) Keep bills the LOWEST you possibly can (sometimes it's interesting to see how low you can get them and how much cold you can deal with... lol..................................... It's true, though... lol.....................................

3.) Work as much as humanly possible just stopping short of going on a massive serial killing spree... lol..................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P
4.) Sacrifice some other goals and plans I've had for years... lol..................................... :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P That's not funny, actually... lol..................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. Oh, boy... lol..................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Actually, there is absolutely NO reason for me to bitch... It is MY CHOICE that I am paying this much, etc., and I am GRATEFUL I'm going BECAUSE not everyone can travel like that, penney-scraping or not... What about, say, people in hospitals who are sick who can't go but would LOVE to?!?!?! I think I'm just going to be GRATEFUL I can go and quit bitching... It feeels better to be grateful anyways... At least I think so... lol.....................................
Anyways, take care and PEACE and ROCK ON!!! lol..................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
03-07-03 05:17 AM
Zeeta This is Fucking excellent news Gazza!
Fuck me!
In the provinces!!!!!
About fuckin' time baby...I just hope this shit happens!
Being from "OOOP NORTH" ! I am obviously well chuffed with this news + there IS drinking to be done, HEAVY, BINGE DRINKING to be done indeed!
Nice one,
made my day lets hope they confirm ASAP!
I'll be at the Manc-land gig
03-07-03 03:01 PM
Gazza >Screw stupid Ireland and the rest of the UK...

"Dont call me stupid..." (Otto, "A Fish Called Wanda")
03-07-03 04:28 PM
parmeda
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Im always watching my letter box!

That's great Alex!
Keep those eyes open dear, LOL!
03-08-03 01:42 AM
MarthaMyDear >Screw stupid Ireland and the rest of the UK...

"Dont call me stupid..." (Otto, "A Fish Called Wanda")
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't touch him!!! He's MIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!..." (Otto, "A Fish Called Wanda")

Location joke (you had to be there)... HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P I LOVE Kevin Klien and A Fish Called Wanda!!!
But, I'm talking about SOUTHERN Ireland being stupid, Gary... ALWAYS!!! NEVER where you live, dear!!! lol........................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P Just joking-around, AND SHITE... lol........................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P Take care, silly sil, and ROCK ON!!! PEACE and I'll talk to you soon!!!
Anyways, MORE SOON!!!

*** Martha ***
03-08-03 10:38 AM
Gazza >But, I'm talking about SOUTHERN Ireland being stupid, Gary... ALWAYS!!! NEVER where you live, dear!!!

Neither of us are "stoopid!" LOL...no harm done
03-08-03 04:04 PM
Stray Cat This is the news we,ve been waiting for!!!!!!!
I've cancelled the new furniture to pay for it. No table to sit at, but fuck that...... it 's ONLY ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!
03-08-03 06:56 PM
Gazza Just to reiterate - its NOT "news" yet, so hang fire folks

I'd rather wait until something's confirmed before I got too excited
03-08-03 07:55 PM
Gazza Someones just posted on the IORR forum
the additional UK & Ireland dates that we should expect.

I dont know the guy who posted the dates so I cant vouch for how reliable he may be - so make your own judgements

1st & 3rd September - Glasgow
5th & 7th September - Manchester
9th and 11th September - Dublin
14th and 15th September - London (Wembley Arena)

source :

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?f=1&i=39116&t=39116

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST