ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: F**K Chrissie Hynde! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
03-06-03 01:03 PM
jb Pam is like my "2nd " wife...lol
03-06-03 01:06 PM
Maxlugar Yeah could you imagine if he had turned to his wife and said "and cursed be upon your Wolf Puss"?

Don't hurt 'em Allah!
03-06-03 04:32 PM
Riffhard Hey jackass that kind of shit is uncalled for! This thread up to this point has been very respectful of positions that are taken on this topic. Then you come in here with this inflammatory bullshit hoobler! Where the fuck are you from?

I'd be willing to bet no matter where you are from your country has been helped by the USA at some point in it's history! We are the most most generous country in the history of the world. That is an irrefutable fact! Never has any other country given up more of it's sons and daughters for the liberation of others outside the USA! Not to mention the fact that the United States to this day give more humanitarian aid than all of Europe combinded. We are not some arrogant country that only thinks what's good for our own best intrests,but what is in the best interest of free people evrywhere.

So in closing,blow it out your ass hoobler!

Riffhard
03-06-03 04:34 PM
jb Probably France.
03-06-03 04:35 PM
Moonisup well the discussions have always been decent, to call names makes no sense at all, you disrespect the other person.
03-06-03 05:35 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Probably France.

Joshy, you are getting funny in your old age.
03-06-03 05:39 PM
stewed & Keefed Funny and dead right.
03-06-03 05:43 PM
glencar You got that right. He's even voting right the next time around. Memo to self: I have to be nicer to Joshy even when there are times when it'll be tough.
03-06-03 06:42 PM
FPM C10 'SHUT UP, YOU MONKEY. CURSE BE UPON YOUR MUSTACHE'

I don't HAVE a moustache! I would look terrible with one! I know cuz I saw David Spade on TV with one and he looks like crap, and he's another one in the long list of unattractive celebrities I remind people of.

Let's see:

David Spade
John Denver
Warren Zevon (he's cool anyway - he's even dying cool)
Elton John
Andy Warhol
and my favorite: Jeffrey Dahmer!

So I will shut up, but save your curses!

(author's note: I'm kidding)
03-06-03 07:12 PM
Gazza >what makes these musicians think we give a shit what they think anyway

well..YOU do...you wouldnt have posted about it if you didnt.

- that includes Petty and Bruce who think they have a right to preach on stage.

they DO actually have a right to express themselves in public if you dont agree with them. If you DID agree with them,would it be a problem? You're expressing yourself here, so whats the difference? Neither a concert stage nor a music message board are "regular" public places to express your political opinions. In each case,youre dealing with a divided audience.

oh yeah - fuck "rent-a-cause" Chrissie Hynde and the horse she rode in on. She must obviously have a new album out and be desperate for publicity to help sell it. Funny how when she played in front of 80,000 people over two nights in New York in September she didnt have the courage of her convictions to shoot her mouth off then and tell the locals that 3,000 of their neighbours "deserved" to be blown to bits. The response would have been somewhat interesting.

03-06-03 07:34 PM
glencar WOW! I hadn't actually read what Chrissie Hyndequarters had said before. What a fiend. She outfrenches the French. What a vicious tool. I'll be unable to listen to her music anymore. NY still hasn't recovered its heart. Those 3000 dead people's families won't listen to her crap anymore either.
03-06-03 09:02 PM
Fiji Joe Curse on your mustache...man that kills me
03-06-03 10:34 PM
Voodoo Stones Yeah Riffhard...you're the best...you live in the best country...I'm a jackass you're always right. You're living in own world dude. Tolerance is probaly a missing word in your dictionnary.
03-06-03 11:14 PM
Riffhard Hey VS I don't know where your coming from. I never once said fuck France,fuck Germany,fuck anyone who dosen't think the USA is the best! In fact this whole thread I have never even once insinuated that the USA is the best and everyone else is secondary. No,I never said it because that's not the way I think.

I did say that the USA gives more humanatrian aid than the whole of Europe. That's the truth,sorry.

I did say that the USA has given more of it's sons and daughters to the cause of the liberation of others than any other country. Again,that is a fact.

I did not say that you were a jackass. However,I'm begining to think that your post is an insinuation that I am. I'm not.

I did not say that I am always right. Sometimes I'm wrong and I admit it when I am. However,in this case I am not wrong. You are.

When hoobler jumps in on a thread that has been,France jokes aside,very respectful of other posters and say's "fuck the USA" knowing full well how disrepectful that is to many here. He should be called on it. Well,I called him on it. If he is French I can understand some resentment towards some of the American posters here who have made jokes about France. I'm not one of them. I have laughed at some of them though. There is a world of difference between jokes and saying "Fuck France."

However,it does seem that France is already telling the USA to fuck off. Some American anger and backlash is to be expected I would think. Considering all the facts that I so clearly pointed out above.

Riffhard

PS-I am a very tolarant person.Ofcourse I am. I'm an American. It's our way. The French? Now that's another story..............................I'm joking! Get it?
03-06-03 11:31 PM
Fiji Joe Always get a big laugh when people preach to Americans about tolerance...a more diverse nation does not exist on this planet...

We may take your tired, poor and whatever else it says on that big-boned lady the french gave us...but it don't say shit about sending us your pussys and cowards

Of course this is just Fiji's opinion

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-07-03 12:56 AM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
Pam is like my "2nd " wife...lol

Josh...
"Looky here!" ----> http://www.mervisdiamond.com/inventory/diamonds/dia_details.php3?item_no=55457

...you opened your mouth.
Now, stick your foot in it. LOL!!!
03-07-03 01:04 AM
parmeda
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Curse on your mustache...man that kills me

Feej...I did some research. I don't know how true this is, but...'cursing one's mustache', in their culture, is just as bad as 'cursing one's mother' in ours. Apparently a mustache is a sign of 'power and authority' and not all men are allowed to sport one unless they truly are 'in power or authority'. So, to curse one's mustache would mean that the curser wishes to damn you of your prestigue.

These boys are definately a different breed of cat...

03-07-03 08:08 AM
Nellcote Think of this today, when Hans Blitz gives the Iraqi compliance report. Make certain you remember why our friends in the French Gov't do not want to make Saddam comply....The third country shipping item is particularly disturbing, however not surprising.

Iraq strengthens air force with French parts
By Bill Gertz
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A French company has been selling spare parts to Iraq for its fighter jets and military helicopters during the past several months, according to U.S. intelligence officials.

The unidentified company sold the parts to a trading company in the United Arab Emirates, which then shipped the parts through a third country into Iraq by truck.
The spare parts included goods for Iraq's French-made Mirage F-1 jets and Gazelle attack helicopters.
An intelligence official said the illegal spare-parts pipeline was discovered in the past two weeks and that sensitive intelligence about the transfers indicates that the parts were smuggled to Iraq as recently as January.
Other intelligence reports indicate that Iraq had succeeded in acquiring French weaponry illegally for years, the official said.
The parts appear to be included in an effort by the Iraqi military to build up materiel for its air forces before any U.S. military action, which could occur before the end of the month.
The officials identified the purchaser of the parts as the Al Tamoor Trading Co., based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A spokesman for the company could not be reached for comment.
The French military parts were then sent by truck into Iraq from a neighboring country the officials declined to identify.
Iraq has more than 50 Mirage F-1 jets and an unknown number of Gazelle attack helicopters, according to the London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies.
An administration official said the French parts transfers to Iraq may be one reason France has so vehemently opposed U.S. plans for military action against Iraq. "No wonder the French are opposing us," this official said.
The official, however, said intelligence reports of the parts sale did not indicate that the activity was sanctioned by the French government or that Paris knows about the transfers.
The intelligence reports did not identify the French company involved in selling the aircraft parts or whether the parts were new or used.
The Mirage F-1 was made by France's Dassault Aviation. Gazelle helicopters were made by Aerospatiale, which later became part of a consortium of European defense companies.
The importation of military goods by Iraq is banned under U.N. Security Council resolutions passed since the 1991 Persian Gulf war.
Nathalie Loiseau, press counselor at the French Embassy, said her government has no information about the spare-parts smuggling and has not been approached by the U.S. government about the matter.
"We fully comply with the U.N. sanctions, and there is no sale of any kind of military material or weapons to Iraq," she said.
A CIA spokesman had no comment.
A senior administration official declined to discuss Iraq's purchase of French warplane and helicopter parts. "It is well known that the Iraqis use front companies to try to obtain a number of prohibited items," the official said.
The disclosure comes amid heightened anti-French sentiment in the United States over Paris' opposition to U.S. plans for using force to disarm Iraq.
A senior defense official said France undermined U.S. efforts to disarm Iraq last year by watering down language of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1441 that last fall required Iraq to disarm all its chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs.
France, along with Russia, Germany and China, said yesterday that they would block a joint U.S.-British U.N. resolution on the use of force against Iraq.
French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin told reporters in Paris on Wednesday that France "will not allow a resolution to pass that authorizes resorting to force."
"Russia and France, as permanent members of the Security Council, will assume their full responsibilities on this point," he stated.
France has been Iraq's best friend in the West. French arms sales to Baghdad were boosted in the 1970s under Premier Jacques Chirac, the current president. Mr. Chirac once called Saddam Hussein a "personal friend."
During the 1980s, when Paris backed Iraq in its war against Iran, France sold Mirage fighter bombers and Super Entendard aircraft to Baghdad, along with Exocet anti-ship missiles.
French-Iraqi ties soured after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait that led to the 1991 Persian Gulf war.
France now has an estimated $4 billion in debts owed to it by Iraq as a result of arms sales and infrastructure construction projects. The debt is another reason U.S. officials believe France is opposing military force to oust Saddam.
Henry Sokolski, director of the private Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, said French transfers of military equipment to Iraq would have "an immediate and relevant military consequence, if this was done."
"The United States with its allies are going to suppress the Iraqi air force and air defense very early on in any conflict, and it's regrettable that the French have let a company complicate that mission," Mr. Sokolski said.
Secretary of State Colin L. Powell last month released intelligence information showing videotape of an Iraqi F-1 Mirage that had been modified to spray anthrax spores.
A CIA report to Congress made public in January stated that Iraq has aggressively sought advanced conventional arms. "A thriving gray-arms market and porous borders have allowed Baghdad to acquire smaller arms and components for larger arms, such as spare parts for aircraft, air defense systems, and armored vehicles," the CIA stated.
Iraq also has obtained some military goods through the U.N.-sponsored oil-for-food program.
A second CIA report in October on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction stated: "Iraq imports goods using planes, trains, trucks, and ships without any type of international inspections � in violation of UN Security Council resolutions."

03-07-03 08:16 AM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Josh...
"Looky here!" ----> http://www.mervisdiamond.com/inventory/diamonds/dia_details.php3?item_no=55457

...you opened your mouth.
Now, stick your foot in it. LOL!!!

Great taste, Parm! I presume you prefer Platinum to Gold??

LOL

LadyJ.
03-07-03 09:46 AM
jb I knew you had great taste!!!! I prefer buying my diamonds from the Chassidim in New York City....I get a better deal as a "insider".
[Edited by jb]
03-07-03 09:47 AM
Boomhauer Pammy be likin' the bling-bling, Lady to the Jane!

If it ain't bling blingin'..........sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiit....

I's just gots ta get it!!!
03-07-03 08:00 PM
Prodigal Son Well, if the Iraqi people want Saddam gone then by all means attack them. As for jb mentioning that Palestinian people are scum. Well, they are just like you and me, but have reached the boiling point. They weren't born scum or made into evil people through their people's attitudes. Poor bastards had a whole land to themselves before the 1900s, then after WW I, the European nations come in and colonize the Middle East leaving them under oppressing control. Well, they all join the bandwagon of colonies gaining independence. But then after WW II, Israel is created right in Palestine. After all the waiting, that happened! Not only that, it was their fucking holy land. So Jerusalem goes to a new Jewish country while Palestine becomes nothing but a shit territory. Then the Israelis, who are not mere subjects in a religous game-they somewhat instigated fighting, starts brutally oppressing them and killing any Arabs who stick around. The Palestinians end up hating the Jews. Anybody in their situation would be mighty pissed off. And no matter how hard other middle eastern countries tried, Israel swiftly defeated them and reigned supreme in the middle east. Eventually, new regimes in every country (except Iran and Iraq) come in and become buddies with the U.S. Seeing no way out, a lot of Palestinians and Arabs resorted to suicide bombing to get the message home. Anybody in that situation would have resorted that low.
But it ain't working and when the US supports Israel, the Islamic (they thought turning to religion to justify their terrorism was a good idea, they were wrong) fundamentalists and their organizations became anti-west. They basically blame the US and its allies for all their problems. But still, they can't face the fact that it's time to conform like other countries have and embrace democracy. That's where I lose understanding with the terrorists and bombers, etc. Plus the sick things they do to kill people are needless. They thought Sept. 11 would cause a revolt by the US that would result in several middle eastern countries being bombed to exterminate terrorist groups hiding there. The destruction caused by US bombing would, they hoped, rally non-terrorist Arabs to their side and give more support to their anti-US movement considering the gov'ts of those countries being bombed were pro-US no matter what. Well, kudos to the US for not giving a knee-jerk reaction. They took the right steps by going in and stopping the Al Quaeda supporting Taliban. But the most logical target to keep attention of the public in anti-terrorist efforts was Iraq, the well-known enemy. That's basically the situation out there, to my knowledge.
But the US is attempting to stop Iraq's dictatorship, introduce democracy which will then lead to the spread of it in the middle east. We can only hope it helps in doing so. In previous times where countries were taken from under tyrannical rule, the US put in crappy regimes to be a sort of band-aid solution. A lot of crap was sacrificed and risked in the distraction of the Cold War and we're seeing it now. But that has to come to an end. An attack on Iraq is the only solution. Of course, it's also about oil and keeping Bush's approval ratges up, but the concept is still a good one. Saddam must go/die!!! Then comes North Korea.....
03-07-03 08:39 PM
Fiji Joe Prodigal wrote:

"They weren't born scum or made into evil people through their people's attitudes."

Actually...the hatred of Jews and the notion that the Jews are the root of all their problems is taught at all levels of palestinian education...and that's a fact...

That being said, I have no reason not to advocate a palestinian state...so long as the government that presides over it is not beholden and indebted to terrorists groups...Such is the case with Arafat...Damn straight Israel would be friggin foolish to concede to a palestinian state until such a government is feasible...and should the palestinians choose to elect another man as dangerous as Arafat..well, curse on their mustache
03-07-03 11:29 PM
Prodigal Son Ah yes, I guess you're right. But it all stems from the Jewish homeland created in 1947. That was the last straw for Palestine, especially after Israel started harassing them. A Palestinian state would be good, however it would just be run by terrorists and fanatics in the end.
03-08-03 04:18 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Prodigal wrote:

"They weren't born scum or made into evil people through their people's attitudes."

Actually...the hatred of Jews and the notion that the Jews are the root of all their problems is taught at all levels of palestinian education...and that's a fact...

that's right!

when a 9 year old boy dies, their parents are most of the time happy cos he died as a hero. That is the way that culture works!
03-09-03 07:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot >when a 9 year old boy dies, their parents are most of the time happy cos he died as a hero. That is the way that culture works!<

That is some fucked up shit.

How do you reason with people like that? How can you negotiate a compromise with people who are unwilling to bend at all? On both sides.....

The way I look at it is like this...

Who can be counted on to be a good, productive citizen nation in the world community?

To answer this question I make one simple observation. Israel has 22 nuclear weapons, and has never used any of them. Even in times of severe military crisis, they used restraint when faced with the nuclear question. I think this says a lot for the Israelis.

Now, let's assume the Palestinians had nuclear devices. Would they show the same restraint? I think we all know the answer to that question. I think this says a lot about the Palestinians.

You see...it's not a historical question if Palestine should have it's own homeland. It's a question of responsibility. Are the Palestinians responsible enough to be trusted with their own soveriegn government? Or would it just be giving terrorists a diplomatic passport?

I think the Iraqis, free of the tyrant, will be a good, productive, world citizen nation.

I will not try to say that oil is not a motivating factor in this crisis....for both France and the US. But even so, so what? In the end, the world is free of a despotic tyrant, and the Iraqi people are free to decide how to move on into the future. Does it matter that our motivations are pure? Isn't it enough that the end result is what is best for the Iraqi people? They will be free, they will be free of economic sanctions, they will be able to sell their oil on the world market again.

Can someone please tell me how keeping Saddam in power, and Iraq under economic sanctions....is good for anyone?

03-09-03 09:14 PM
telecaster I would like to point out again that Chrissie Hynde is wishing her country loses a war which means massive death to US and coalition troops

I hope the 5 people that buy her new album return it in protest

03-09-03 09:54 PM
glencar Someone made me a copy of this CD before Chrissie opened her mouth. I've discarded the thing. It was fairly dull anyway.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST