ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: F**K Chrissie Hynde! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
03-05-03 04:12 PM
Pattie
I�m just saying that I don�t want war.
03-05-03 04:13 PM
jb Anal sex is the only answer.
[Edited by jb]
03-05-03 04:15 PM
Pattie
Amen for that.
03-05-03 04:16 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Anal sex is the only answer.
[Edited by jb]

who with who
03-05-03 04:16 PM
Fiji Joe Moonisup...they won't listen...last week I extended an olive branch only to see it sharpened into a prison-like shank and shoved forcibly between my quivering and heaving breasts...this is a tough crowd...tough crowd I tell ya
03-05-03 04:28 PM
Nellcote I want to take Shiek Kalid into a room.

I want to place Band Aids on his hairy body, with Super Glue d'jour as a chaser, while listening to Yanni, watching that short nun on the Religion Channel, forcefeeding him a porketta.

Then.....pull..Bandaids...slowly.....until.....he.....gives up...Osama Bin Laden...

Oh yeah, and please have the following get a lifers in the room to watch:

Jessica Lange, Susan Sarandon, Jessie Jackson, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Sean Penn, Barbara Streisand, Chrissie Hynde, her Highness Bianca Jagger, Hans Blitz, and the rest of the UN, Rulers of France, Russia, Germany, that Yoko Ono clone Kim "One hung" low Jung, Ted "Chivas" Kennedy, John "lifeshot" Kerry,

Please excuse me if I forgot anyone.....

I am no going to continue to listen to the reissue of the year.....

HOWLIN WOLF-LONDON SESSIONS....
03-05-03 04:28 PM
Joey " Moonisup...they won't listen...last week I extended an olive branch only to see it sharpened into a prison-like shank and shoved forcibly between my quivering and heaving breasts...this is a tough crowd...tough crowd I tell ya......."

<----- Damn Straight !!!!!

It is tough only because George W has not cut a deal yet with North Korea ........................Come On Man , WHAT is he waiting for ? ............He's justs gots to cuts a deals .

JACKY !!!!!!

03-05-03 04:31 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Moonisup...they won't listen...last week I extended an olive branch only to see it sharpened into a prison-like shank and shoved forcibly between my quivering and heaving breasts...this is a tough crowd...tough crowd I tell ya......."

<----- Damn Straight !!!!!

It is tough only because George W has not cut a deal yet with North Korea ........................Come On Man , WHAT is he waiting for ? ............He's justs gots to cuts a deals .

JACKY !!!!!!

W. can cut backroom deals that would make old J. R. Ewing blush
03-05-03 04:34 PM
nankerphelge Suppose you have two groups of people.
Group 1 wants to eliminate group 2 and thinks that it is imperative that they do so.
Group 2 does not believe that group 1 really wants to kill them and that, if they discuss it rationally, that group 1 will eventually not want to kill group 2.

Which group is eventually going to win?

Sometimes war is the only answer...
[Edited by nankerphelge]
03-05-03 05:01 PM
Pattie
Amen for that.
03-05-03 05:01 PM
Pattie
Amen for that.
03-05-03 05:02 PM
Pattie
Double post sorry
03-05-03 05:05 PM
Fiji Joe Very nice use of the hypocritic method Pattie...stellar
03-05-03 05:23 PM
Joey " Sometimes war is the only answer... "

<----- Amen Nanky !

Without War , Hitler would rule over a Jewless Europe ...................

and African Americans would still be in chains in the South..............

and America would be ruled by an English Monarchy........................

and 58,000 Americans STILL would have died in the ' Nam for absolutely NOTHING ...............................

and your young Joey wouldn't have been forced to play " Russian Roulette " in the Hanoi Hilton for five years by his Viet Cong Captors ........................

Whenever the weather gets a little humid I can still hear the " MAO !!!! " " MAO !!!!! " SLAP !!!!!!!! SLAP !!!!!!! " MAO !!! "

{{{{{{{{{ JOEY CONG [ J.C. ] }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

03-05-03 05:30 PM
KeepRigid Hmmm...why do I get the feeling that Jack Russell or Michael Jackson put Chrissie up to this?
03-05-03 05:54 PM
100 Years Ago "this is about not leaving our children in a world that sanctions ideologies of contempt and murder let alone allowing those who think in such a manner any access at all to dangerous weapons..."

You express a nice sentiment but it�s somewhat na�ve to think this war with Iraq is just about getting rid of another bad guy with dangerous weapons. If that were the case, shouldn�t North Korea would be our first priority? because 1) they could conceivably launch a nuke at the US, Iraq can�t lob missles more than 150 mi; 2) their leadership is just as murderous and treacherous as Saddam. Do you think Iraq is a more direct threat to the US than North Korea?

As long as inspectors and the UN presence is in Iraq, Saddam is contained, chipping away at the truth about weapons. He�s not going to anything pre-emptive with the whole watching as it is now. Don�t you think he�s more likely to attack Kuwait, Turkey, or Israel in retaliation for any US invasion? The inspections are working, slowly, but it certainly seems effectively. In some ways its the tortoise (weapons inspectors) vs hare (invade iraq) approach, and remember who won that race?

As for imperialism, well, the middle east is a huge untapped market for our corporate and consumer needs. We could make a lot of money supplying Big Macs and building Wal-Marts for our veiled friends to shop in. There�s a potential gold mine hidden in the desert sands, that�s a fact that cannot be denied.

I wish you were right that this whole war was well-intentioned, well-meaning and in the spirit of doing what�s right and letting freedom ring from sea to shining sea, but�

of course this is just one man's opinion
03-05-03 06:04 PM
Maxlugar
"As long as inspectors and the UN presence is in Iraq, Saddam is contained, chipping away at the truth about weapons. He�s not going to anything pre-emptive with the whole watching as it is now."

Why do some people convince themselves of this? Iraq is fast becoming the terrorists Home Depot. They do not have to attack us in the open. Saddam will give his WMD to al Qaeda and laugh his ass off when he sees it on CNN.

He will be dead very soon and I, for one, will raise a Vodka and Snapple from the comfort of my Lotus Couch when it is confirmed!

MACKY!!!
03-05-03 06:29 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Suppose you have two groups of people.
Group 1 blah blah blah
Group 2 yadda yadda yadda
Sometimes war is the only answer...
[Edited by nankerphelge]

That's ONE way to look at it, my esteemed C10 Brother. (And PLEASE know, all of you sabre-rattlers, that despite my unpopular pinko peacenik ideas, all I care about HERE is that we all love the Stones.)

Here's another way to look at it:

Group 2 has been stung by an insect. A very NASTY insect, one with a deadly, poisonous bite. Enraged by the worst sting they'd ever suffered in their lives, Group 2 decided to go hunting for the nasty insect. They armed themselves with all the weapons that had once made them feel safe from bear attacks and the like and went after the bug. However, their weapons were not particularly effective against bugs. They shot and shot, and once in awhile by accident they took out a bug or two, but still there were no results to compare with that horrible stinging. While they were out there shootin' stuff up, the "leader" of Group 2 remembered where there was a rat who had once bit his daddy. So they decided to go over to the rat's place and shoot it.

SOME of the people in Group 2 said "Hey, I thought we were killing bugs. What does this RAT have to do with bugs?" And the bug hunters, who had since convinced themselves that the Rat is a member of the Insect family, said that THOSE people were unpatriotic and were probably Rat/Bugs themselves. They looked at their big glistening bear rifles and were pretty doggone impressed with themselves.

So one day Group 2 attacked the Rathole with every gun, bomb, bottle and rock they had. That very same day the insects, who weren't anywhere near the Rathole, came over and stung them even worse than they'd been stung before.

Pretty soon everybody killed everyone else, and when the dust cleared there was nothing left but Keith Richards. And the insects. Because everyone knows you can't kill bugs with bear rifles.

03-05-03 06:59 PM
Fiji Joe 100 Years...please read my posts under "Irak"..little more to this than just the obvious...and as for dealing with North Korea and others...I tell you what...America stands ready and willing...where's the rest of the world?...Abstainers and pacifists can explain that to their children when they ask them why, when presented with an unprecedented opportunity to permanently rid the world of tyranny, they stood silent...

Curious as to how some in the older European generations are explaining that to their children now...why did they stand silent?...why?

03-05-03 09:11 PM
Joey " He will be dead very soon and I, for one, will raise a Vodka and Snapple from the comfort of my Lotus Couch when it is confirmed! "

I would like to be your bitch for a week !

JACKY !

03-05-03 09:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot I like to make things simple.

Ask yourselves this question.

Who is the bad guy?

The answer is simple. Saddam.

Now, ask yourself this question.

What country is the only country left on this planet who is powerful enough to safeguard the world from tyranny.

Again, simple answer. The USA.

Flea...I know where you are coming from. I listened to you the other night. Your arguments sound reasonable...except that they are completely unrealistic.

Since the dawn of recorded history, those with the biggest cocks made the rules. The Egyptians, The Greeks, the Romans, Spain, England...and now it's our turn. We got the most gigantic cock on the face of the planet. It's just a question of who gets fucked.

The United States has already saved the world twice. Our track record is pretty good, except for 'Nam. Even those countries that we demolished, we rebuilt. Better. Do you think Germany and Japan would be as well off today if we had let the Soviets run amok in those countries?

We blew it in 1938 Jon. After the full story of WW2, and the genocide that took place, the United States said "Never Again".

Saddam Hussien has stated, repeatedly, that he wants all Americans to die. Including all of you anti-war protesters. He wants you dead too. He wants your children to die. Do you people seriously think that if we just go away and let Saddam alone...that it will stop more terror attacks...or that Saddam will change his mind and play nice?

The US has given the UN 12 years to clean this mess up. How many more years should we allow this guy to flaunt the UN resolutions? Should we allow him enough time to get his reactor back on line? Should we allow him enough time to develope an ICBM? Should we allow him enough time to rebuild Al-Queda's training camps? Should we allow him enough time to finally slaughter ALL of the Kurds? Should we allow him enough time to produce enough nerve gas to kill EVERYONE in North America?

I say no. Where I come from, when someone says that they are gonna kick your ass....you knock 'em out before they finish the sentence. 9/11 is what happens when you let the other guy get first licks.

Flea that rat that you are talking about has the fleas that cause plague. Kill the rat, and the fleas gotta go somewhere else. Kill enough rats, and the fleas are left with nowhere to go...and the plague ends.

First up Saddam. Kim Jong Ill...you're next.

The United States is making the world safe for Democracy....again. IMO, that ain't a bad thing.
03-05-03 10:19 PM
Flash77
quote:
Pattie wrote:

War is never the answer....

Then the whole world would be probably speaking German right now if it wasn't for war.
03-05-03 10:48 PM
Voodoo Stones You see. That's your fucking american problem. We have to agree with you or we shoud die. It's a classic story, you're the goods and we're the evils. You're so fanatics of your country.
There are things that I love in USA, but there are things I hate about your country. Give us a good service, ask your president Mr Goods, to leave his job.
03-05-03 11:07 PM
Fiji Joe VoodooStone...you don't have to agree...but a reasoned dissent is appreciated...not just some knee-jerk reactionary we hate Americans so we won't side with them on anything dung slobber...seriously...I've said this before...The world should be fucking ashamed of itself for not uniting and halting the threat of tyranny where ever it is...Read SS's post...well reasoned and right on the money...get over your petty jealousy...

It is not courageous to disagree with America...really it isn't...this seems to be so many's idea of courage...courageous would be marching in the streets of Baghdad demanding Saddam disarm...when you going?

Get over it, get back on the fence and watch whilst we wax Saddam's ass like candle...cause there ain't a whole lot that can be done to stop it...

And when we are the ones who are continually called upon to offer up or sons and daughters to solve the world's problems you're fucking "A" right we're gonna have more say in how things are going to be done...

Sad fucking world when France, Russia, Germany and China are the prevailing voices in world opinion...really...dwell on that one a while
03-05-03 11:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot >We have to agree with you or we shoud die.<

You are mistaken VS....that is Saddam's line.

I have not heard of anyone being killed for being against the war against Saddam.

Please tell me, what is so wrong with wanting to destroy a tyrant and take away his weapons? What is wrong with giving the Iraqi people the chance at a future filled with freedom and democracy.

Don't you wish we would have done that with Hitler in 1938?
03-05-03 11:13 PM
Fiji Joe And you know, a big part of me wishes we would do nothing just so this shit could blow up in the world's face and I can laugh my ass of...but such petty horseshit isn't worth leaving the world in such a sad state of affairs for my children...

Ask yourself a question...if your country was invaded tomorrow...and your military defeated...what nations could you count on to come in and liberate your asses?

And I do believe the dynamics are a little different here...Iraq has not sworn your nation to death has it?...Has Iraq conspired to kill your leader?...Has Iraq associated with terrorists in an effort to undermine yoiur way of life...Ain't your fight G...
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-05-03 11:17 PM
sammy davis jr. Errrr....France?
03-05-03 11:49 PM
corgi37 Out of all the posts on this topic, the words and thoughts that stand out most are anal sex and ron jeremy. Kind of goes together like horse and carriage. But, lets get serious. The U.S. takes its role as the worlds cop very seriously. Maybe too seriously sometimes, and not seriously enough in others. Saddam has been around for 30 fuckng years, most of the shit he has was given to him by the yanks themselves. Thats not the people's fault, or the armed forces fault. Thats the fault of shifty, paranoid, crafty, crooked bastards like rumsfeld. America has made so many terrible mistakes in foreign policy its not funny. Vietnam is the most famous, but the Korean situation has been fucked for over 50 years. Afganistan is not finished, its still smouldering, waiting for a strong wind to re-ignite it. Somalia? what happened there? Granada was a huge success, but when 50,000 marines land on a small island against 25 stoned part time soldiers armed with bongs and coconuts, well, do the math. But, the U.S. at the moment is the only nation capable of wiping out an asshole like Saddam. I still feel half of it is about oil, and the other half about bush's re-election strategy, but that iraqie dog has gotta go. Since Sept 11, the U.S. people, and the world in general, know these fanatical muslims have no care for life. Ask Israel. Anyones life, even their own. THe U.S. must avenge Sept 11, get every one of those murderous fuckers. Saddam is a major prick, and loves the deaths of innocent westerners, he revels in it. He encourages it. He pays the families of Palistinian "martyrs". He's going to be the 1st stain wiped off the planet. I only hope the west unite with the yanks, and help them out. Of course, its over oil. But, the French vetoe the current action as they have just signed a multi billion dollar oil deal with the moustached maggot. Who gives a shit what Russia says? And China, who are they to talk? Just wait until they invade Taiwan. If the yanks dont do anything now, in 5-10 years, maybe we all will be on our knees reading the Koran. Thats if we all arent wiped out by smallpox.
03-06-03 12:16 AM
wkoetke Couldn't have said it better myself, Riffhard. You've pointed out the central hypocracy if liberal lunatics like CH. Why weren't they protesting their "anti-war" drivel when Clinton bombed Kosovo? when Clinton bombed Iraq (yes, eveyone, Clinton fired missles at Iraq too - check your history)? They weren't there. Yet when Bush, a conservative, wants to take military action - even though it's a response to an attack on U.S. soil, even though we *DID* go to the united nations (unlike Clineon) - CH and the rest of the bunch object.

Why? Because they're not anti-ware - they're anti conservatives and anti-Bush! They're political loyalties come above all else, including rational thought itself. If a liberal or Democrat were doing *exactly* the same thing Bush is doing, there would be no protests. But since it's Bush, they protest - plain and simple.

This is why I left the Democratic party in 1998 - my discovery that it's party above *ALL* else.

quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Listen I'm not trying to start a political post here,but as this is my board of choice,and I respect the people that post here,I wanted to share this little tidbit from our friend CH of the Pretenders.

This is lifted from a review that some rag in San Fran published. I think it states rather plainly why I will no longer listen to the Pretenders or repect them ever again.

------------------------------------------------------------

Between songs, the pugnacious Hynde, in a classic black T-shirt and jeans, bantered and battled with the crowd. She dedicated "You Know Who Your Friends Are" to "all you junkies and f--," gave a shout-out to the late Joe Strummer, opined that she hopes the United States loses if it goes to war with Iraq ("Bring it on! Give us what we deserve!"), and introduced the song "Fools Must Die" with the self-deprecating quip, "I'll show you how it's done."
------------------------------------------------------------

Well,there you have it. Miss Hynde says she hopes that we lose the war with Iraq! That means that she hopes that enough American and British soldiers come home in flag drapped coffins so we eventully decide to quit! She is plainly rooting for the other side with hopes of their victory! That can only mean many dead American and British GI's. That's what Chrissie wants! Fuck her! I am throwing out every Pretender CD I own! Wheather you are for or against the war is irrelevant. This has to do with the respect for the men and women that will be forced to carry it out. Chrissie obviously dosen't give two shits about the troops involved unless they are on the side of Saddam.

There is no other way to interpet that fucked up statement by this stupid bitch! The funny thing is she played for the troops in Kosovo. Fucking hypocrit! The same troops she played for four years ago are the ones she hopes lose this time around! Fuck her and her band!

Sorry to vent but this just irks the hell outta me. Critizize the war all you want,but to hope for the defeat of the allied troops is appalling.

Riffhard

03-06-03 12:22 AM
Fiji Joe Corgi...well said..but a little lacking...you left out all the great succeses of American foreign policy and they are many...but hey, who cares at this point...I agree the world should be uniting to rid thew horld of all such jackasses who would subjugate their own people to tranny, slavery and death...can we not learn from our world history?,,,And this task is NOT going to be accomplsihed via inspections and diplomacy...it never has been and it never will be...

And as for Ron Jeremy, I guess I'm gonna have to do the comparison myself...
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST