ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome - March 15, 2003 by Koji Sasahara/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Candy -To all french people on this board Return to archive
03-04-03 07:34 AM
caro Hi!
I just thought i'd warn you that you can currently see "Candy", a film shot in 1968, featuring Anita Pallenberg as a dangerous nurse trying to get into the doctor's pants I've seen it yesterday without knowing she was playing in it. The cast also includes Richard Burton, Ringo Starr, Marlon Brando and Charles Aznavour. As you see, it HAS to be a cool film.. I hope it will still be running next week.
By the way, I read somewhere that Marlon Brando tried to seduce Anita while shooting "Candy". Looks like Keith wasn't resentful, since Keith'n Anita named their first kid after him
03-05-03 01:57 AM
Jaxx thanks for this great post. more info on this movie can be found here: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0062776 or here: http://www.reel.com/movie.asp?MID=131992
03-05-03 04:55 AM
L&A Thanks for info.

Richard Burton, Ringo Starr, Marlon Brando, Charles Aznavour + Anita ... strange casting
03-05-03 09:49 AM
Jaxx i think "buck henry" under "writing credits" says it all....
03-05-03 10:43 AM
F505 Great cast!!!
03-06-03 04:32 PM
Gazza As a Brando nut, have to say it's one of the low points of his career

Its pretty "quirky". Cant say its aged well, but then neither have Marlon or Anita!
03-06-03 06:52 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
These people aren't actors anyway...

Marlon Brando (and to a lesser degree, Richard Burton) most certainly ARE/were actors.

Didn't Terry Southern write it? That's why Anita's in it, if he did - good friend of Keith & Anita.
03-06-03 10:08 PM
gypsy Yeah, Terry Southern wrote it. The movie sucks...it's really stupid. I have a few stills from it on my Anita site. Anita looks very pretty in it...prettier than the lead character...it was before all the drugs.
03-07-03 06:47 AM
caro Hi!
I'm quite disappointed that you all seem to think it's a bad movie. Well, actually, it is... But I won't let anybody say that Marlon Brando isn't brilliant. He has this very feminine aura in the film, which is quite surprising for a guy who's supposed to be the embodied testosteron. Anyway, I suppose none of all these actors would have accepted to appear in the movie if they hadn't been given the possibility to completely mess up their usual image.

( by the way:sorry for my poor "Babelfish"-english )
03-07-03 07:45 AM
caro Hi!
I'm quite disappointed that you all seem to think it's a bad movie. Well, actually, it is... But I won't let anybody say that Marlon Brando isn't brilliant. He has this very feminine aura in the film, which is quite surprising, since he's usually considered as the embodied testosteron. I found him really funny. Anyway, I suppose none of all these actors would have accepted to appear in the movie if they hadn't been given the possibility to completely mess up their public image.

(by the way: sorry for my poor "Babelfish"-english! )
03-07-03 08:14 AM
caro oops..sorry for the double post. I'm can't seem to make friends with computers.
03-08-03 12:25 PM
Monkey Woman I agree about the actors. The story is nearly laughable but Brando, Burton, Aznavour, Anita... Nice cast!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST