ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let's Spend The Night...Movie Return to archive
7th March 2007 02:47 PM
jigsawpuzzle I was watching this concert last night for the 100th time and was curious about Let Me Go? When Mick is running in the crowd surrounded by security and singing Let Me Go everything seems fine, then all of a sudden the camera focus' on Keith's boots for awhile. Did something happen to Jagger in the crowd and they didn't want it in the movie? Does anyone know.....just curious.
7th March 2007 03:31 PM
Maxlugar I doubt it. There is just a lot cut out of that song. Do you have Welcome to Phoenix? It's the soundboard off that show. The full version is a great jam. Easily one of my top 5 boots.

Pretty brave of Mick to go into the crowd considering John Lennon was killed that past winter, no? Then again, Stones are men. The Beatles are like little fairy men. That's why more of them are dead.
7th March 2007 05:05 PM
glencar I can't believe Ringo is still hanging on!
7th March 2007 05:23 PM
Starbuck silly boys, you two.

the beatles' music lives on, thanks to FM radio and immaculately dressed tribute bands.
7th March 2007 05:26 PM
glencar Which one do you play?
7th March 2007 06:28 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jigsawpuzzle wrote:
I was watching this concert last night for the 100th time and was curious about Let Me Go? When Mick is running in the crowd surrounded by security and singing Let Me Go everything seems fine, then all of a sudden the camera focus' on Keith's boots for awhile. Did something happen to Jagger in the crowd and they didn't want it in the movie? Does anyone know.....just curious.

Hal Ashby had an overdose the same night.
7th March 2007 06:57 PM
Some Guy That could possibly end up in the dvd player this later evening.

I'm just sayin...
[Edited by Some Guy]
7th March 2007 07:43 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
That could possibly end up in the dvd player this later evening.

I'm just sayin...
[Edited by Some Guy]

WISH I HAD THE DVD..THEY EVER GONNA RERELEASE IT?
7th March 2007 08:04 PM
texile i never liked the sound in that movie...
i have a friend who loves it, but i hate it.
7th March 2007 08:07 PM
lotsajizz the guitars get slimed in the mix
7th March 2007 08:08 PM
BILL PERKS I LOVE BEAST OF BURDEN ON THIS
7th March 2007 08:22 PM
CraigP
quote:
texile wrote:
i never liked the sound in that movie...
i have a friend who loves it, but i hate it.

Same here.

Another thing about the sound...
I have it on a 1983 VHS and a recent home-made DVD. Neither of these reproduce the speed/pitch accurately. This is true for my copies, as well as clips I see on youtube. They are either Mickey Mouse fast of too slow. Trying to play a properly tuned guitar to a recording that is off-key is a dead givaway.

Otherwise, the visuals are stunning and beautiful. I love the sun setting on the outdoor portion.

7th March 2007 08:48 PM
StonesChick
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I LOVE BEAST OF BURDEN ON THIS

I do too....what a great version
7th March 2007 10:29 PM
Lethargy I think it was just terrible film making. There are many other examples in the film, the most stupid and horrific being the truncation of Jumping Jack Flash.

quote:
jigsawpuzzle wrote:
I was watching this concert last night for the 100th time and was curious about Let Me Go? When Mick is running in the crowd surrounded by security and singing Let Me Go everything seems fine, then all of a sudden the camera focus' on Keith's boots for awhile. Did something happen to Jagger in the crowd and they didn't want it in the movie? Does anyone know.....just curious.

8th March 2007 12:15 AM
glencar But isn't Sun Devil beautiful?
8th March 2007 02:43 AM
FotiniD
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

The DVD for Let's Spend the Night Together? Have you checked Ebay? I found it quite easily in shops here.

Didn't find it on Amazon, but I found this!

8th March 2007 05:36 AM
corgi37 Got officially released in Oz last year. Bloody great. Interesting to note it is the U.S. version. When originally released, it was called "Time is on our side" here in Oz. SLightly different editing. Mainly, Tumbling Dice. Love this film. Saw it on the big screen with my darling girlfriend. Never married her, but still love her. She still loves me. I still see her.

Every time Let me go comes on, i cry. The power of Jagger using the old blues man trick (Blind boys from Alabama used the trick - i'd say 1st) and it just ignites my emotions. I cant imagine Jagger doing it in 72 or 75. Sure, Lennon getting wacked sent some shock waves through the celeb camp, but Jagger was much less into "the band and the audience" by 81. The arrogance of the 70's should not be discounted. "The Stones have left the building" was the announcement at the end of L&G - ie: fuck off. I always say, and still do, punk changed the Stones vis a vis their audience relationship. For the better too. i reckon.
8th March 2007 09:34 AM
Some Guy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

PERKS, my wife bought me a dvd of Gimme Shelter at circuit city and she said that there was another cd there that she didn't recognize. I went down there and it was LSTNT but with an italian cover, bought it instantly on dvd.
8th March 2007 09:45 AM
egon
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Then again, Stones are men. The Beatles are like little fairy men. That's why more of them are dead.

Post like these make YOU the King of "THE INTERNET"
8th March 2007 09:54 AM
jb As great as the 81 soundboards are, this movie has never compared in quality. While visually beautiful at times, the Stones are a commodity best appreciated live and have never been able to capture the essence of their live performances on tape(See Rio, MAX ).
8th March 2007 09:56 AM
glencar Word, man.
8th March 2007 10:08 AM
jigsawpuzzle Thanks for the replies everyone. I thought that maybe Mick's security had an issue with a few in the audience or Mickk tripped/fell and they didn't want it shown in the movie.

I too like Beast of Burden..
8th March 2007 04:55 PM
tumbling dice I love it anyway,perhaps bad mixing.Keith was too low and Bill was everywhere.Around 83 it was a fever and all the teenage boys of my age dreamed in got it,to my luck my mum had a friend who was working in aeroplane company so i got my VHS few months after they realized it.
8th March 2007 11:03 PM
Bruno
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Hal Ashby had an overdose the same night.

Seriously? Holy shit...
9th March 2007 05:15 AM
corgi37 Hampton Roads rocks more than LSTNT.
9th March 2007 06:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
As great as the 81 soundboards are, this movie has never compared in quality. While visually beautiful at times, the Stones are a commodity best appreciated live and have never been able to capture the essence of their live performances on tape(See Rio, MAX ).

"At The Max" isnt meant to be watched on a TV screen, VCR or DVD player, thats why.

Its filmed specifically for showing in an IMAX cinema. It's the ONLY way it should be seen. I went here to see it in 1992 (the venue is the globe building on the left)-

After seeing the Stones on a 50 foot high screen in 3-D, the same movie on a 22-inch TV somewhat loses its entire impact and becomes a pointless exercise.
[Edited by Gazza]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)