ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brit Hume "looks terrible" w/Walter Reed comment (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th March 2007 01:28 AM
Brainbell Jangler Faux News Channel's Bush-League commentator exposes the depth of his (and his political masters') concern for wounded veterans:

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/04/brit-hume-on-walter-reed-it-looks-terrible-for-the-bush-administration-which-is-the-problem/
6th March 2007 10:03 AM
jb It's hard to believe this guy did real journalism at ABC all those years..he is a card carrying member of the RNC whose recent attacks on Murtha and statement that the Walter Reed situation
did not "look good" reflect the hack he is. He, laughably, is ostensibly "Fox's " real news guy, but even the farthest rightie here knows that he is nothing but a tool for the Bush administration. Also notice how little Fox and the LA Times have covered this horrendous story of troop neglect, but of course, they are the first to accuse us defeatocrats for not supporting the troops. Fox News is slowly heading the way of McCarthy, with only the real fringe element(about 25%) salivating on their every word. 8 years removed and they still, by and large, blame everything on the Clintons. Most righties lack the courage of their convictions and hence, need bogeymen like Hume, Coulter, Hannity, Limbaugh, and the like to make them feel macho...they have about as much intellectual capacity as a single cell ameba, but they can shout "fag", "commie" or "trader" louder than the rest. It must really burn their righties asses how this lame duck presidency is ending with no victory in Iraq, an emboldened Iran, China, and Russia, the Scooter Libbby disgrace, Britain "cut and running", Greenspan predicting a recession(I know, it's Clinton's fault), and the shame in which they covered up the most disgusting treatment of US soldiers in our nations history(I know, also Clinton's fault). Wait until Hillary takes the house in 08...I can't wait for all of them to tell us where they are moving to...maybe France?

[Edited by jb]
6th March 2007 10:29 AM
Zambero Go ahead, Red State America. Show how much you "Support the Troops". Slap on 1 or 2 of those yellow car magnets. Now you can sit back comfortably and cast a blind eye to what this administration has done and continues to perpetrate on it's fighting forces. Cut their benefits and raise their health insurance premiums. Put off processing their disability claims indefinitely. Extend their tours so they can put their lives on the line even longer for the sake of the lies that got us into this mess. Make sure there's no plan in place to accomodate the growing number of casualties this war has created. And above all, make certain things don't "look bad" in the face of failure and neglect. Keep the media away from military hospitals and make sure those insubordinate injured troops "stay in line and don't spill the beans".
6th March 2007 10:31 AM
Scottfree Being disabled vet who is well versed in VA “health” care I can assure anyone interested that while the bushit admin doesn’t care one whit about the vets, neither has any other administration. Our VA facillity is so crowded that getting anything done, even a quick appointment, is a six month process. VA has been underfunded, understaffed and ignored by this government for about as long as I’ve been involved with it, some twenty years now. It is a disgrace and has resulted in many lifes lost, at home. No one gives more than a guick shout for a veteran. I’m sure glad that I knew nothing of the VA when I signed up, twice, because if I’d known how I’d be treated later I wouldn’t have gone. Fucking government is a joke and so is taking care of vets. It is a joke.

Comment by kerryinalaska — March 4, 2007 @ 11:11 am

Not just reserved to the Bush Admin, but all prior admin's, pathetic anyway you slice it...

6th March 2007 10:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Another problem for Vets-homelessness
http://www.napavalleyregister.com/articles/2007/03/06/news/national/doc45ed7b3b01d4c257735628.txt
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
6th March 2007 10:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Brit Hume should resign.
But it is a nice little window into how these guys think.

The Prime Directive ....cover Napolobush's ass.
6th March 2007 10:58 AM
Brainbell Jangler This is exactly what Frank Rich exposed in "The Greatest Story Ever Sold." The Bush Admin is all about creating an image in order to control public perceptions. The shocking thing about Hume's comment is the inadvertent admission that, but for Democratic control of Congress, there would have been no consequences for the "embattled" (read: incompetent) administrators at Walter Reed.
6th March 2007 11:36 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Brit Hume should resign.
But it is a nice little window into how these guys think.

The Prime Directive ....cover Napolobush's ass.

Resign!!! They probably have given him a huge raise and like former Faux news guy Tony Snow, an White House job. Anyone who takes Faux News as "real" news probably also thinks John Edwards is a faggot.
6th March 2007 11:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Resign!!! They probably have given him a huge raise and like former Faux news guy Tony Snow, an White House job. Anyone who takes Faux News as "real" news probably also thinks John Edwards is a faggot.

LOL. The CCC (Chickenhawk Cheerleading Channel) probably would do just that.
6th March 2007 11:52 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

LOL. The CCC (Chickenhawk Cheerleading Channel) probably would do just that.

None of these guys served, yet, they are the first to call honorable soldiers like Murtha and Kerry cowards. The biggest cowards are usually the loudest ones in the room.
6th March 2007 12:33 PM
jb Libby guilty on 4 of 5....they came in promising to be the most ethical administration in history, and leave as the most corrupt in our nation's history.
6th March 2007 01:16 PM
pdog Good job JB, you said it all perfectly.
6th March 2007 01:22 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
Good job JB, you said it all perfectly.

Thanks...I feel a little feisty today as I beat up on some newbie insurance defense atty....You know, the kind that got his law degree at night school.
6th March 2007 01:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have my own stories about the VA...from taking my Grandpa for appointments, to my own dealings with them.

The problems are not confined to Walter Reed. It's the entire fucking VA system that is broken. I'm entitled to stuff from the VA. Fuck that. I'm definitely better off without them...but I'm fortunate enough to not need their help. Not everyone is that lucky. My Gramps...he needed VA help. The help he got landed him in the hospital, and then a nursing home. In other words, he didn't get help when he needed it. They totally missed that he was diabetic. It went untreated for so long, while they were fucking around, that he developed related problems that put him on death's door. His health didn't improve until we got him OUT of the VA system. But the damage was already done at that point. We were left with no other option but to have him declared "indigent", and put in a private 24 hour care facility. It wasn't much better than the VA, but he got good enough care that he lived for 3 more years. Until the nursing home overdosed him. Twice. In one night. On morphine.

Yeah, he died. But at least he wasn't in any pain.

But I can tell you that the VA has ALWAYS been fucked up. Can't lay this one on Bush. I've had personal experience with the VA since the Reagan admin, and it was fucked back then. If the VA hasn't been fixed, the blame is on every admin since then. Period.

I'd love to see socialized health care for every citizen. The problem is that our gov't has been running a health care system for decades...and it is abysmal. If we let the gov't run our national healthcare system, you won't want to get sick. Walter Reed will be the norm. Think about that the next time you hear people talk about nationalized healthcare. In fact, think about how fucked up ANY of our gov't run national programs are. Do you REALLY want our gov't being responsible for our healthcare? I'd rather have my fucked up PPO. At least with that my family and I have a chance of getting better if we get sick. Let the gov't run things, and chances are that you gonna die if you get seriously ill. And that is a fact jack.
6th March 2007 01:33 PM
texile brit hume always came across as smug and blank -
i remember when his son commited suicide,
i thought, 'maybe this will humanize him..'
it didn't.
6th March 2007 01:35 PM
Jumping Jack While this is a disgraceful situation and the Bush Administration did nothing to improve it, do you guys honestly believe this is a new situation that just happened in his term? Get real, most governement agencies are ineffective, incompetent and waste money in unprecedented sums. Bigger government in not the answer. Smaller, more cost effective, and more accountible government is mandatory.

Health care costs are currently bankrupting our economy and making our businesses non-competitive. Who really wants Hillary care and more government waste? The feds are doing such a great job with the Vets you want them in private health care as well? Not me.

The Dems spend all their time pointing fingers and assigning blame. Let's hear some constructive solutions beyond the daily whining political posturing. Let seem them act on behalf of the taxpayers instead of themselves and their special interests.
6th March 2007 01:36 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I have my own stories about the VA...from taking my Grandpa for appointments, to my own dealings with them.

The problems are not confined to Walter Reed. It's the entire fucking VA system that is broken. I'm entitled to stuff from the VA. Fuck that. I'm definitely better off without them...but I'm fortunate enough to not need their help. Not everyone is that lucky. My Gramps...he needed VA help. The help he got landed him in the hospital, and then a nursing home. In other words, he didn't get help when he needed it. They totally missed that he was diabetic. It went untreated for so long, while they were fucking around, that he developed related problems that put him on death's door. His health didn't improve until we got him OUT of the VA system. But the damage was already done at that point. We were left with no other option but to have him declared "indigent", and put in a private 24 hour care facility. It wasn't much better than the VA, but he got good enough care that he lived for 3 more years. Until the nursing home overdosed him. Twice. In one night. On morphine.

Yeah, he died. But at least he wasn't in any pain.

But I can tell you that the VA has ALWAYS been fucked up. Can't lay this one on Bush. I've had personal experience with the VA since the Reagan admin, and it was fucked back then. If the VA hasn't been fixed, the blame is on every admin since then. Period.

I'd love to see socialized health care for every citizen. The problem is that our gov't has been running a health care system for decades...and it is abysmal. If we let the gov't run our national healthcare system, you won't want to get sick. Walter Reed will be the norm. Think about that the next time you hear people talk about nationalized healthcare. In fact, think about how fucked up ANY of our gov't run national programs are. Do you REALLY want our gov't being responsible for our healthcare? I'd rather have my fucked up PPO. At least with that my family and I have a chance of getting better if we get sick. Let the gov't run things, and chances are that you gonna die if you get seriously ill. And that is a fact jack.

You are 100% correct in that no single administration is solely to blame. However, when you have flag waving, gun toting, support the troops yahoos calling all who oppose their lies cowards, it exposes the hypocrisy of their so-called patriotism. Send over, bag em up, and bring the others home to rot....a dam shame they don't put as much effort into helping these soldiers as they do lining the pockets of millionaires..you know, Bush's base.
6th March 2007 01:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK JB, but name one other administration since 1950 that hasn't done the exact same thing.

All politicians are hypocrites because the nature of politics is hypocritical.

I am opposed to nationalized healthcare. Not because I think it's a bad idea, but because I know that our gov't can't make it work. If they can't make a relatively small health system like the VA work, there is NO WAY they can make a huge national health system work.

So what is the fix? Hold our politicians accountable? Good luck with that.
6th March 2007 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
OK JB, but name one other administration since 1950 that hasn't done the exact same thing.

All politicians are hypocrites because the nature of politics is hypocritical.

I am opposed to nationalized healthcare. Not because I think it's a bad idea, but because I know that our gov't can't make it work. If they can't make a relatively small health system like the VA work, there is NO WAY they can make a huge national health system work.

So what is the fix? Hold our politicians accountable? Good luck with that.

I would consider outsourcing our VA care as they have done so effectively with so many other middle -class American jobs...it certainly can't be worse than the current cluster fuck.
6th March 2007 02:24 PM
Jumping Jack

6th March 2007 02:25 PM
jb I see that beautiful billboard every morning on my drive into work...this will be the last ever WHO NA perfomance for 2007.
6th March 2007 02:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Rose Hill Drive rawk!

they play some HEAVY - HEAVY shit!! (think Live At Leeds covered by Sabbath)

enjoy!
http://www.rosehilldrive.com/
6th March 2007 02:31 PM
glencar Joshy, you need to stop being so partisan. Remember, it wasn't the GOP that dropped Israel in a dumpster.
6th March 2007 02:36 PM
Jumping Jack They are coming back to the US this fall (no stadiums in Chicago though). Word is the shows will be shot with 15 cams each for the forth coming Who movie. No bimbos, actors or other phonies will be used in the crowd.
6th March 2007 02:39 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, you need to stop being so partisan. Remember, it wasn't the GOP that dropped Israel in a dumpster.

Glencar, I made over 800k this year and I am receiving 57k back from the IRS....I am partisan to a point, but have no problems with tax cuts, but for the poor smucks squeaking out a living and voting for the GOP!!!
[Edited by jb]
6th March 2007 02:44 PM
Saint Sway I'm guessing JB's home consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year
6th March 2007 02:46 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm guessing JB's home consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year

It certainly cost more than $1200 a month to run if you keep the fucking pool heater on in winter.
[Edited by jb]
6th March 2007 03:15 PM
glencar LOL You're a man of the people, a real mensch!~
6th March 2007 03:32 PM
The Wick
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Being disabled vet who is well versed in VA “health” care I can assure anyone interested that while the bushit admin doesn’t care one whit about the vets, neither has any other administration. Our VA facillity is so crowded that getting anything done, even a quick appointment, is a six month process. VA has been underfunded, understaffed and ignored by this government for about as long as I’ve been involved with it, some twenty years now. It is a disgrace and has resulted in many lifes lost, at home. No one gives more than a guick shout for a veteran. I’m sure glad that I knew nothing of the VA when I signed up, twice, because if I’d known how I’d be treated later I wouldn’t have gone. Fucking government is a joke and so is taking care of vets. It is a joke.

Comment by kerryinalaska — March 4, 2007 @ 11:11 am

Not just reserved to the Bush Admin, but all prior admin's, pathetic anyway you slice it...

Well said. I'm as left leaning as they come but I don't remember any of the Democrats going to check on the conditions of these hospitals and they are just conveniently using this as a political angle. The whole lot of them is to blame for these shameful conditions. Still, one should also point out that Republicans haven't given a shit about Veterans for years and all they care about is going to war. At least the Democrats seem to have cared slightly more for veterans over the years.
6th March 2007 05:18 PM
monkey_man
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)