ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Performance DVD Return to archive
5th March 2007 05:39 PM
Gimme Shelter Anybody get this yet? I just ordered mine online. I have not seen it in a couple of years.
5th March 2007 05:41 PM
fireontheplatter i ain't seen this since it first came out.
i get a feeling i will check it out soon tho......
is mick still trying to act in it?
5th March 2007 06:17 PM
gypsy I ordered it last week...still waiting for it.

I've heard that the quality is excellent.
5th March 2007 07:36 PM
lotsajizz it is...I got mine last week...that film is a trip! Mick is great!
5th March 2007 07:41 PM
Flairville I bought it today, it wasn't stocked in Virgin Megastores or WH Smiths I finally found it in HMV for £14. It's £9.99 at play.com for anyone interested and that's with P&P! Not had chance to watch it in full yet. Mick looks phenomenol, the best I've ever seen him.
5th March 2007 08:07 PM
Gazza It was on Sky Movies last night. I got the impression there was a bit of re-editing done. The opening sequence looked different, with the intercut sex scenes between Fox and Ann Sidney seemingly removed.
6th March 2007 02:34 AM
FotiniD Hope there are english subtitles in it, cause my VHS copy left A LOT to the imagination
6th March 2007 07:24 AM
egon So there's actually people that enjoy that movie?

interesting.
6th March 2007 07:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
So there's actually people that enjoy that movie?

interesting.

Always have done. I think its fabulous - and NOT just because of Mick's participation. James Fox is fantastic in it.
[Edited by Gazza]
6th March 2007 07:30 AM
egon well i absolutely hate easy rider too,
so I guess i have lousy taste in movies...
6th March 2007 03:27 PM
Carol Sigmaringa
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Hope there are english subtitles in it, cause my VHS copy left A LOT to the imagination

So, I'm not alone...
[Edited by Carol Sigmaringa]
6th March 2007 03:28 PM
glencar My copy is en route...
6th March 2007 04:05 PM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It was on Sky Movies last night. I got the impression there was a bit of re-editing done. The opening sequence looked different, with the intercut sex scenes between Fox and Ann Sidney seemingly removed.

I can't believe those scenes were cut. I thought the they were integral to the plot and to Fox's character development.
6th March 2007 04:26 PM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It was on Sky Movies last night. I got the impression there was a bit of re-editing done. The opening sequence looked different, with the intercut sex scenes between Fox and Ann Sidney seemingly removed.

So did they edit out most of the good parts? If so I'm not buying it! That was the only reason, to see MICK in the bathtub having sex with Anita! Is that part still in there?
6th March 2007 04:44 PM
Gazza The rest of the film seemed to be the same. People who have the new DVD have told me that theres no cuts.

Cant see why that one clip was different. Sky dont edit films for reasons of sexual content, and its not exactly Deep Throat.
6th March 2007 05:53 PM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Cant see why that one clip was different. Sky dont edit films for reasons of sexual content, and its not exactly Deep Throat.

Maybe sexual violence?
6th March 2007 06:04 PM
lotsajizz the DVD has no cuts and none of the previously dreaded overdubs....

and Gazza is dead-on...James Fox almost steals the movie!

6th March 2007 06:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Maybe sexual violence?

No. The poking seemed very consensual as I recall!

the terrestrial (ie free to air or network) channels would sometimes show TV versions of films, but Sky (as a subscription channel) basically show movies in the way theyre cleared for cinema release. Theyve even shown "In The Realm of the Senses" and "Baise-Moi" in the last couple of years, so if they can get away with that stuff, a few quick flashes of torsos tumbling around is pretty inconsequential.
[Edited by Gazza]
6th March 2007 06:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No. The poking seemed very consensual as I recall!

the terrestrial (ie free to air or network) channels would sometimes show TV versions of films, but Sky (as a subscription channel) basically show movies in the way theyre cleared for cinema release. Theyve even shown "In The Realm of the Senses" and "Baise-Moi" in the last couple of years, so if they can get away with that stuff, a few quick flashes of torsos tumbling around is pretty inconsequential.
[Edited by Gazza]

Hmmm. I have no idea why they would cut those scenes then. Strange.

I agree, jizzy - James Fox is the best thing about the movie!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)