ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bono humiliated Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th March 2007 01:26 PM
jb http://adage.com/article?article_id=115287
5th March 2007 01:28 PM
Some Guy Word is that U2 are in the studio now and their next release will be huge.
5th March 2007 01:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
http://adage.com/article?article_id=115287

U2 will have to deal with the increasing failures of Bono. This was expected and I am glad to see that Bono has "Jumped the Shark"
5th March 2007 01:44 PM
Saint Sway over $100 million dollars have been raised, but there is still no known cure for those who were born without the posting gene.
5th March 2007 03:48 PM
Starbuck i read in rolling stone that adam clayton has left the band due to creative differences and will be replaced with bono's younger, fatter son.
5th March 2007 04:53 PM
Joey " The campaign's inherent appeal to conspicuous consumption has spurred a parody by a group of San Francisco designers and artists, who take issue with Bono's rallying cry. "Shopping is not a solution. Buy less. Give more," is the message at buylesscrap.org, which encourages people to give directly to the Global Fund.

"The Red campaign proposes consumption as the cure to the world's evils," said Ben Davis, creative director at Word Pictures Ideas, co-creator of the site. "Can't we just focus on the real solution -- giving money?"

I now predict that THE POLICE will break all tour records this year ( Denver #2 at the PCenter sold out in Ten ........MINUTES ! )

www.thepolicetour.com

'kins

5th March 2007 05:23 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I now predict that THE POLICE will break all tour records this year ( Denver #2 at the PCenter sold out in Ten ........MINUTES ! )

www.thepolicetour.com

'kins

Police will have a big year, tater.
5th March 2007 05:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Police will have a big year, tater.

So true , scooter .
5th March 2007 05:51 PM
pdog God called, he wants his Bono back!
6th March 2007 02:42 AM
IanBillen Bono is too busy trying to save the world. I mean, OK sure I agree with alot of the stuff he does and alot of it IS for really good causes but...

You can't play Mr. Green Peace all the time and still be an effective Rock Star to your true potential. It just doesn't mix.

Nothing is wrong with helping people who really need it. But the fact of the matter is the guy is supposeably first and foremost a Rock Star.

The Save the World Bono just gets on everyones nerves and makes them irritated with him for the most part.

Then when the dude tries to switch roles and get back to this supposed hip-rock star people shun him.

I am one of them. Camo Hat, Glasses, Mr. United Nations himself. Give us a break. Maybe this is really hurting his marketability is my take, and a lot of others feel it has to be for this reason as well.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
6th March 2007 02:45 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I am one of them. Camo Hat, Glasses, Mr. UN himself. Give us a break.

You confuse Bono.
6th March 2007 10:33 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i read in rolling stone that adam clayton has left the band due to creative differences and will be replaced with bono's younger, fatter son.

thats some top notch postin there Rodney King!
6th March 2007 12:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Bono is too busy trying to save the world. I mean, OK sure I agree with alot of the stuff he does and alot of it IS for really good causes but...

You can't play Mr. Green Peace all the time and still be an effective Rock Star to your true potential. It just doesn't mix.

Nothing is wrong with helping people who really need it. But the fact of the matter is the guy is supposeably first and foremost a Rock Star.

The Save the World Bono just gets on everyones nerves and makes them irritated with him for the most part.

Then when the dude tries to switch roles and get back to this supposed hip-rock star people shun him.

I am one of them. Camo Hat, Glasses, Mr. United Nations himself. Give us a break. Maybe this is really hurting his marketability is my take, and a lot of others feel it has to be for this reason as well.

Ian

Yep..their album only shifted about 10 million copies and those ticket sales for their last tour were really atrocious werent they?
6th March 2007 12:16 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yep..their album only shifted about 10 million copies and those ticket sales for their last tour were really atrocious werent they?

Just the opposite of the Stones as far as commercial success. I think U2 has obviously taken over as not the best, but certainly the biggest band..and the sad fact is the Stones stood by for 2 decades and let them.
6th March 2007 12:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Just the opposite of the Stones as far as commercial success. I think U2 has obviously taken over as not the best, but certainly the biggest band..and the sad fact is the Stones stood by for 2 decades and let them.

Many stones fans were upset when Billy Preston and Ollie Brown were not brought back for the 1978 tour.
6th March 2007 12:38 PM
Gazza I'm still getting over the callous omission of Matt Clifford on all post-Steel Wheels line ups. I miss his snazzy waistcoats.
6th March 2007 12:40 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Many stones fans were upset when Billy Preston and Ollie Brown were not brought back for the 1978 tour.

Many more were upset at Keith's state at the return, tarped, Chicago show.(30k sold out!!!)
6th March 2007 12:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'm still getting over the callous omission of Matt Clifford on all post-Steel Wheels line ups. I miss his snazzy waistcoats.

6th March 2007 12:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Many more were upset at Keith's state at the return, tarped, Chicago show.(30k sold out!!!)

sadly, it seems, you and pug no longer make dreams come true.
6th March 2007 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

sadly, it seems, you and pug no longer make dreams come true.

Pug has gout and I had rectal surgery.....it's tough to make dreams come true in that state.
6th March 2007 12:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Pug has gout and I had rectal surgery.....it's tough to make dreams come true in that state.

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
6th March 2007 01:02 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee

That is the same mannequin with the comb-over.
6th March 2007 01:02 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

will you be laying the smackdown at wrestlemania?
6th March 2007 01:09 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

will you be laying the smackdown at wrestlemania?

I just ponied up for the best two(2) tickets in the house...this makes my Stones budget look small. See me on PPV on 4/1/07 in my D&G jeans,Luciano Barbera $800 cashmere sweater, and black Ferragamo sneakers!!! Detroit Rock City he we come!!!(see Kiss 1978)
6th March 2007 01:15 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
http://adage.com/article?article_id=115287

rumor has it once joey porter inks his deal later today to become a dolphin that he will wear red in all local ads.
6th March 2007 01:17 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

You are on FIRE this afternoon .

6th March 2007 01:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

See me on PPV on 4/1/07 in my D&G jeans,Luciano Barbera $800 cashmere sweater, and black Ferragamo sneakers!!! Detroit Rock City he we come!!!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
6th March 2007 03:26 PM
glencar Bono = egg on his face!
7th March 2007 02:01 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Gazza,

In some instances ticket and album sales don't mean anything when it comes to original reputation and authenticity. You can loose the respect and following of one crowd and completely gain another. In some circumstances you can loose a whole fan-base and gain another weaker, lamer fan base.

>See Aerosmith
>See Rod Stewart
>See Elton John
>See Ozzy Ozborn

They all sell by the loads even in some circumstances way more than they ever did in the 70's yet how authentic are they any more in comparison to what they once were noted as being? Aerosmith and Ozzy used to be considered "hard-core" and now they are seen as silly posers or washed up and look how much they sell now compared to the seventies?

In some circumstances album sales and touring dollars has no bearing on what the acts original fan-base was drawn upon or how the act is viewed at the present.

This is exactly the case with Bono.

He isn't the cutting edge dude he was once notable for. Now he is pretty much seen in a totaly different light, by a ....different crowd opposed to 12-15 or 20 years ago. It isn't because of the dudes age, ...it is much more because of what he is CONSTANTLY pushing down everyones throat.

Do you see where I am coming from with this?

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
7th March 2007 02:17 AM
pdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
He isn't the cutting edge dude he was once notable for

When?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)