ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wembley to be baptised by George Michael Return to archive
4th March 2007 08:57 PM
Paranoid_Android http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6417945.stm

Could have been worse...U2...Bon Crappy...Madonna?
4th March 2007 09:09 PM
Soldatti George Michael is worse than U2 or Madonna.
4th March 2007 09:43 PM
mojoman don't let the vaseline run out on me........
4th March 2007 10:15 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
mojoman wrote:
don't let the vaseline run out on me........

I always thought that was "Don't let the SON go down on me"
5th March 2007 03:55 AM
nasalwizard This is truely sad i just dont understand why they dont get the Stones to open it...Wembley and the Stones have so much history between them and the Stones will not be here forever
5th March 2007 04:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
This is truely sad i just dont understand why they dont get the Stones to open it...Wembley and the Stones have so much history between them and the Stones will not be here forever

The blame for that rests entirely on the Stones and their management, not on the owners of Wembley (who have actually stated in the past theyd love the Stones to open it)

Its simply down to whoever books the earliest concert - and theres still actually a weekend available on June 2/3, as far as I'm aware. Maybe the Stones' management were - like last year - put off by the concerns over potential delays again and if they DO play there, it may be towards the end of the tour. Last year John Giddings at least had the foresight to book the Stones for Twickenham for the same weekend as the Wembley shows as an alternative. They passed up the chance of booking the stadium for early June - which would have potentially made them the opening act - because they werent confident it would be ready.
5th March 2007 10:03 AM
gimmekeef First?...I'd be more comfortable with "best"...Close the European tour there when they are in top form and all the sound bugs of a new venue are known and can be addressed.They do that and no one will remember who was first....
5th March 2007 10:14 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
George Michael is worse than U2 or Madonna.

You make Bono cry!!
5th March 2007 10:16 AM
Joey " George Michael is worse than U2 or Madonna."

5th March 2007 11:11 AM
fireontheplatter he is wore than u2 and madonna put together

everybody say ow
5th March 2007 01:13 PM
Saint Sway The good news is that Stones will still be the first band to cancel a show at the New Wembley.
5th March 2007 01:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
The good news is that Stones will still be the first band to cancel a show at the New Wembley.

That's Muppets on Ice postin...
5th March 2007 08:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
The good news is that Stones will still be the first band to cancel a show at the New Wembley.

Bon Jovi already hold that honour, having done so last year!
5th March 2007 11:35 PM
mickmask Just stay outta the loo and y'all will be fine.
6th March 2007 10:30 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Bon Jovi already hold that honour, having done so last year!

then we will be the first band to tarp Wembley!!!
6th March 2007 07:43 PM
jostorm THIS IS OUR CHANCE, GAZZA!!!!!

Fuck George Michael! Let's open Wembley ourselves with an enormous party of Rocks Offers. We'll play our favourite band, dress up, run naked and WEAR OUR SPECIAL MERKINS!!!!

Ok, you're officially in charge of booking it for June 2/3....
6th March 2007 09:07 PM
glencar I wish I could be there!
7th March 2007 05:16 AM
jostorm Gazza, have you rented Wembley yet???

Come on, glencar's waiting, he's got the flight reservations people on the line....
7th March 2007 09:43 AM
Gazza They turned me down. They said that the sight of 80,000 hairy merkins might be a flight risk for any pilots flying within a few miles of the stadium...
7th March 2007 06:09 PM
Soldatti George Micheal by Keith:

Shave and go home. A wimp in disguise.

- Keith Richards, 1988
7th March 2007 06:19 PM
Gazza "In disguise" ??
7th March 2007 06:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"In disguise" ??

Funny !!!!

Gazza ..... that is miracle on ice postin'
7th March 2007 06:34 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"In disguise" ??

Well, it was 1988 before George started carrying that purse...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)