ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OT: How many copies did The Who's Endless Wire sell? Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th March 2007 06:19 PM
Poison Dart Anyobdy know how many copies Endless Wire sold?

And what was it's highest chart position?

4th March 2007 06:28 PM
Joey " Anyobdy know how many copies Endless Wire sold? "

18.7 Million copies in the United States ALONE !

250 Million copies worldwide ( including 13K in Ceylon )

" And what was it's highest chart position? "

#1 with a bullet for thirty - one straight weeks .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

4th March 2007 07:07 PM
fireontheplatter i have no idea...i think i have heard the single one time on the radio. i look forward to the day i can sit and listen to the whole cd in its entireity.
that and quadraphinia......

out of my brain on a five fifteen.....
4th March 2007 07:10 PM
lotsajizz Endless Wire debuted at #7 on Billboard and #9 in the UK Albums Chart.
4th March 2007 07:26 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Anybody know how many copies Endless Wire sold?

Not many.
Read a few weeks ago that US sales at that time were just north of 150K.
4th March 2007 07:54 PM
Joey " Read a few weeks ago that US sales at that time were just north of 150K. "

< ---- Why ?! ..... WHY ?!

I feel ya Lil' Buddy !!!!

|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
4th March 2007 08:19 PM
mojoman i bought two
4th March 2007 08:21 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
i bought two

I would like to nuzzle you .

'kins !
4th March 2007 08:25 PM
mojoman plus a dvd of the first philly show
4th March 2007 08:46 PM
Soldatti 175k in U.S, less than 500k worldwide.
5th March 2007 05:05 AM
corgi37 Back to repackaged greatest hits then.
5th March 2007 08:58 AM
gimmekeef Time for another "farewell" tour....so they can come back again!
5th March 2007 09:39 AM
Some Guy Less than ABB but more than GITD.
5th March 2007 09:55 AM
Gazza Its actually not bad considering its more than an entire generation since their last studio album and The Who were never mega sellers anyway.
5th March 2007 10:05 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its actually not bad considering its more than an entire generation since their last studio album and The Who were never mega sellers anyway.

Thank You Gazza .......... a man of reason !
5th March 2007 02:05 PM
Poison Dart Jesus, those are weak numbers even with a high debut on the charts.

This is the fucking Who. Not some new band nobody has ever heard of.

By the way did anyone notice the report this week that claims that rap music may have peaked? Sales of rap cd's were down 21% last year and there was not a single rap album in the top ten of 2006.
5th March 2007 02:16 PM
CraigP Yeah, Dart. I feel like rap crap or shit hop is getting even less 'talented'. The pimp shit is finally getting old.

Is the new Who album any good?
5th March 2007 02:51 PM
Joey
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

By the way did anyone notice the report this week that claims that rap music may have peaked? Sales of rap cd's were down 21% last year and there was not a single rap album in the top ten of 2006.

This is the best news I have heard since the invention of the Birth Control Pill .

[Edited by Joey]
5th March 2007 05:40 PM
Poison Dart The new Who record was very good. Not among their best but it was a very solid album that deserves a better commercial fate.

I thought it would sell around the same amount as A Bigger Bang. Maybe even more considering that The Who has not made a record in such a long time.

Oh well, at least it was a top ten record. Not bad I guess.

The good news is that the rap genre seems to be losing steam. It's about time. WTF do people like about rap.

I grew up in the MTV/rap era and I could never understand it's appeal.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
5th March 2007 05:55 PM
BILL PERKS THE RECORD IS FANTASTIC-THE MORE I LISTEN THE MORE I LIKE IT.
5th March 2007 06:07 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THE RECORD IS FANTASTIC-THE MORE I LISTEN THE MORE I LIKE IT.

Come To Joey ........................................

" Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in
The sunshine in X4

Oh everyone sing along
Come on!
Now everybody just sing along
And let the sunshine on in
Open up your heart
And let it shine on you

And when you're lonely
Hey! let it shine, yea
You got to open up your heart
and let it shine on in

When you feel like everythings cheated
And your friends are turning backs upon you
Just open up your heart
and let it shine in

You've got to feel it! "

5th March 2007 11:15 PM
BILL PERKS it's hard to understand why this board can't understand that cd's just dont sell like they used to..no matter how good or bad
5th March 2007 11:34 PM
pdog
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
it's hard to understand why this board can't understand that cd's just dont sell like they used to..no matter how good or bad

According to Billboard, alot of really bad ones are selling well...
6th March 2007 11:46 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
it's hard to understand why this board can't understand that cd's just dont sell like they used to..no matter how good or bad

I understand PERKS ................................

I understand completely --- now Come to Joey !
6th March 2007 11:56 AM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

agreed....but the #'s for the Stones were terrible considering all the PR put in, the Super-Bowl appearance, etc. To not sell 1 million in the USA was kind of a precursor of some of the poor attendance we saw at the end. Moreover, U2 sold millions, so they obviously still have a huge domestic draw.
6th March 2007 12:08 PM
Gazza You are correct, Joshy. When you play to an TV audience the size that the Stones did at the Superbowl, have loads of promotional exposure that every band on earth would die for (Saint Sway I think it was listed them all a few months ago) and can attract millions of fans despite the highest ticket prices in history, theres no excuse for not selling at least twice as many copies of that CD as they did. What does a CD cost in the US - $15? When people are paying ten to thirty times that for a concert ticket, they're hardly so short of cash that they cant buy the band's new album, even out of curiousity.

It's especially bad that they didnt do far better in the US as most of the tour (80 shows plus) has been spent there and they got the first five months of the ABB tour - with the bulk of the promotional drive - before it went overseas. By the time they got here 6 months ago, Virgin had basically already given up on it and were taking out TV ads for "40 Licks" instead. Embarrassing.
6th March 2007 12:15 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You are correct, Joshy. When you play to an TV audience the size that the Stones did at the Superbowl, have loads of promotional exposure that every band on earth would die for (Saint Sway I think it was listed them all a few months ago) and can attract millions of fans despite the highest ticket prices in history, theres no excuse for not selling at least twice as many copies of that CD as they did. What does a CD cost in the US - $15? When people are paying ten to thirty times that for a concert ticket, they're hardly so short of cash that they cant buy the band's new album, even out of curiousity.

It's especially bad that they didnt do far better in the US as most of the tour (80 shows plus) has been spent there and they got the first five months of the ABB tour - with the bulk of the promotional drive - before it went overseas. By the time they got here 6 months ago, Virgin had basically already given up on it and were taking out TV ads for "40 Licks" instead. Embarrassing.

Very true Gazza....while the Stones have never been a mega selling band, they are still #10 all time in Worldwide sales. Most of their recent albums have sold over 1 million un the US and 3-5 million worldwide. I have always found the disconnect b/t concert attendees and CD sales very hard to figure out for the Stones. The only sound conclusion is most go to see the "Legendary" Stones for the greatest hits, and have little or no interest in their output over the past 20 years. Moreover, in all candor, even some of us die-hards have really been disappointed in the product they have put out starting with SW's(the exception to me being VL).
7th March 2007 06:58 AM
corgi37 Most of the 40 Licks fans are not interested at all in new Stones output. Plus, every one downloads stuff from the net for free.

The last cd i bought was ABB!
7th March 2007 06:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Less than ABB but more than GITD.

GITD sold 1.2 million copies worldwide, the double of EW.
7th March 2007 06:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

GITD sold 1.2 million copies worldwide

yer kidding me. Seriously?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)