ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Geico's Cavemen May Get Own TV Series Return to archive
2nd March 2007 10:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Geico's Cavemen May Get Own TV Series
The Associated Press
Friday, March 2, 2007; 7:33 PM

NEW YORK -- Those Geico "cavemen" shouldn't be so upset after all _ they may get their own television series.

ABC said Friday it had ordered a pilot for a comedy, tentatively titled "Cavemen," that features the characters used in a series of ads by the insurance company.

In the ads, cavemen appear insulted by a Geico pitchman's claim that the company's Web site is so easy to use that "even a caveman can do it."

The potential series, one of 14 pilots that will be produced by Touchstone Television this spring, features the cavemen as they "struggle with prejudice on a daily basis as they strive to live the lives of normal thirty-somethings in 2007 Atlanta."

It's unusual for characters from an advertising campaign to move into shows of their own, but not unprecedented. The CBS comedy "Baby Bob" featured a talking baby that had been used in several advertisements, according to Daily Variety.

The advertising copywriter who helped create the "cavemen" ads is writing the pilot, the studio said.

A pilot order is no guarantee a show will make it on the air; in fact, the majority of pilots don't make it that far.
2nd March 2007 11:01 PM
mojoman i prefer goat boy
3rd March 2007 08:13 AM
M.O.W.A.T. I'm waiting for the big screen premiere of the AFLAC Duck!
3rd March 2007 09:39 AM
fireontheplatter bring it on. i am all over it
these guys crack me up all the time.
i love the on where the 2 are having a drink on the balcony and the one guy comes up all excited and anounces that he and tina are getting back together. i can't wait to see what tina looks like.
3rd March 2007 10:42 AM
mojoman land of the lost? cha-ka?
4th March 2007 11:22 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Geico's Cavemen May Get Own TV Series
The Associated Press
Friday, March 2, 2007; 7:33 PM

It's unusual for characters from an advertising campaign to move into shows of their own, but not unprecedented. The CBS comedy "Baby Bob" featured a talking baby that had been used in several advertisements, according to Daily Variety.

A true TV classic...I , like most of you, I am sure, own the entire DVD box set...who can forget the episode when Bob's mom shit herself at the DMV and tried to blame Bob for the stench?

The one where Bob latched on to the babysitters nipple and wouldn't let go was another one I loved...the scene of her the next day in gym class was HYSTERICAL!!!

I see CAVEMAN going the way of Seinfeld...Bewitched...and Gilligan's Island...making generations laugh....like families oughta.
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
5th March 2007 09:42 AM
Some Guy I'm not a 100% in love with your tone... I like that one.
5th March 2007 11:30 AM
Saint Sway Geico's new slogan:
"So easy, even a cracked out Van Halen could do it."

6th March 2007 03:42 PM
glencar I quite liked the new Zodiac movie!
6th March 2007 04:33 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
I quite liked the new Zodiac movie!

this is high on my list, big time. how was it?
don't tell me about it.
6th March 2007 09:38 PM
mojoman unfrozen caveman lawyer?
6th March 2007 09:39 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

this is high on my list, big time. how was it?
don't tell me about it.

Excellente & I'll leave it at that.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)