ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what're your Top Five fav recent bands? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st March 2007 08:49 PM
pdog SS you named 3 bands I don't know about, I thank you, from the bottom of my wallet.
1st March 2007 09:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot Which ones?

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
1st March 2007 09:47 PM
pdog Baby Woodrose
The Blue Van
Bobby Bare Jr
King Khan & BBQ Show

Sorry make that four....
Bought Zeno Beach last week, it's great, also been playing Joan Jet's sinner everyday...
Got the deluxe Pretenders 1st album today... They didn't have Radio Moscow or any Moorlocks... It's rare Amoeba doesn't have what i want, and also scarey!
1st March 2007 10:03 PM
Egbert I like some of what the Shins and Strokes and most of what Wilco has done in the last 10 years.

On a related note, a friend recommended Whiskeytown - anyone here familiar with their stuff? If so, what would be a good 1st purchase?
1st March 2007 10:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Baby Woodrose
The Blue Van
Bobby Bare Jr
King Khan & BBQ Show<

Baby Woodrose--Love Comes Down
The Blue Van--The Art of Rolling
Bobby Bare Jr.--The Longest Meow
King Khan & BBQ Show--What's For Dinner?
1st March 2007 10:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Egbert wrote:
I like some of what the Shins and Strokes and most of what Wilco has done in the last 10 years.

On a related note, a friend recommended Whiskeytown - anyone here familiar with their stuff? If so, what would be a good 1st purchase?

\Whiskeytown is Ryan Adam's old band..They were great!!!...Try "Pneumonia or "Faithless" and if you like them try out Ryan..loads of his stuff to choose from and all excellent
1st March 2007 10:13 PM
sweetcharmedlife 1. Foo Fighters
2. Audioslave
3. The Killers
4. Jet
5. The John Butler Trio
1st March 2007 10:16 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
\Whiskeytown is Ryan Adam's old band..They were great!!!...Try "Pneumonia or "Faithless" and if you like them try out Ryan..loads of his stuff to choose from and all excellent

I like them, but I highly recomend his solo and Cardinals stuff.
1st March 2007 10:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Baby Woodrose
The Blue Van
Bobby Bare Jr
King Khan & BBQ Show<

Baby Woodrose--Love Comes Down
The Blue Van--The Art of Rolling
Bobby Bare Jr.--The Longest Meow
King Khan & BBQ Show--What's For Dinner?

As always.....thanks, Oh Great SS!!!
1st March 2007 10:23 PM
Egbert
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Thanks Meg. My friend recommended Stranger's Almanac (I think that's the name of it) - it seems that any one of them will do.
1st March 2007 10:53 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Deadstring Brothers

they ain't doing anything new but I like em

Bare Jr was mentioned, Bottle Rockets, Waco Brothers, Jon Dee Graham, Scott Biram, Legendary Shack Shakers, William Elliot Whitmore Ike Reilly Assassination and so on...

[Edited by PolkSalad]
2nd March 2007 12:30 AM
Altamont all I listen to these days is GG Allin and Celine Dion. At the same time.
2nd March 2007 12:34 AM
sirmoonie Post G'n' R:

Alice in Chains
Gobshites
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Oasis
Dr. Dre
Ice Cube
Drive by Truckers
Kanye West

2nd March 2007 12:43 AM
pdog
quote:
Altamont wrote:
all I listen to these days is GG Allin and Celine Dion. At the same time.

Dude! LOL!
2nd March 2007 12:48 AM
Altamont
quote:
pdog wrote:

Dude! LOL!

Here's somethin funny. GG's brother Merle Allin, told me that GG was a huge Brian Jones fan!
2nd March 2007 02:02 AM
pdog
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Here's somethin funny. GG's brother Merle Allin, told me that GG was a huge Brian Jones fan!

Merle's also got a pretty cool band...
2nd March 2007 02:20 AM
Altamont
quote:
pdog wrote:

Merle's also got a pretty cool band...

Merle's cool.
truth be told, I like the Murder Junkies. Alot of what was released by GG was crap, but The GG and The Jabbers album is good,IMO. And GG and the criminal quartet is fun to listen to as well. There is some good stuff amongst the garbage.

And alot of the GG stuff on youtube is hilarious if ya got a sick sense of humor. Though ya got to register to even watch it cause most of it has been flagged.
2nd March 2007 02:23 AM
pdog
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Merle's cool.
truth be told, I like the Murder Junkies. Alot of what was released by GG was crap, but The GG and The Jabbers album is good,IMO. And GG and the criminal quartet is fun to listen to as well. There is some good stuff amongst the garbage.

And alot of the GG stuff on youtube is hilarious if ya got a sick sense of humor. Though ya got to register to even watch it cause most of it has been flagged.

GG on youtube, oh jeez... One of the funniest stories I ever heard was from Blag of The Dwarves, when he let GG stay at his apt. GG wound uo at SFGH, and Blag was freaked out... Who would ever thin to do that to a chair... One sick bastard...
2nd March 2007 02:29 AM
Altamont You friends with Blag?
2nd March 2007 09:22 AM
PolkSalad
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Merle's cool.

they opened for III last summer

2nd March 2007 01:35 PM
Dan I just got the Artimus Pyledriver CD which totally kicks ass. All the songs sound the same but it's a good song.
2nd March 2007 01:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm going to see Artimus Pyledriver later this month. Should be a cool show...Fu Manchu/Valient Thor/Artimus Pyledriver.

I'll buy the CD right from them at the merch table. I'm sure they can use the money.
2nd March 2007 01:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Altamont wrote:
You friends with Blag?

I knew him a long time ago, I was going out with a girl that he later hooked up with, he kinda hated me actually, very insecure... I did drugs with some of the other guys in his band... Connie, I think, I heard he died.... Haven't seen him in about 6 years, he was doing a book reading and a friend was also a part of it. I said hi and chit chatted with him, I don't think he recognized me, it had been ten years. It was funny b/c I could tell he was trying to figure out where he knew me from. It was crowded and alot of conversations going on...
He was a mess that night GG was at his place... It must've been 1990 or early 1991, it was a long time ago...
2nd March 2007 01:57 PM
pdog
quote:
Altamont wrote:
You friends with Blag?

His real name is Paul, like me... I never caled him Blag, except sarcastically and ispronounced, maybe that's why he was pissed at me...
2nd March 2007 07:34 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm going to see Artimus Pyledriver later this month. Should be a cool show...Fu Manchu/Valient Thor/Artimus Pyledriver.

I'll buy the CD right from them at the merch table. I'm sure they can use the money.

Saw them open for III too, not all that impressed with them. It think it was the drummer I didn't care for.
2nd March 2007 09:23 PM
mojoman thought artimus was the drummer....
2nd March 2007 10:02 PM
tumbled what do you guys think aboutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt2222222222222

this. that was my cat mimi she loves to type.

[Edited by tumbled]
3rd March 2007 04:18 AM
Lord Homosex Kings of Leon
Bloc Party
Arcade Fire
Kasabian
Stereophonics
Secret Machines
Twilight Singers
Louis XIV
Kaiser Chiefs
British Sea Power

not in that order
3rd March 2007 05:02 AM
speedfreakjive defo

Kasabian
and
Kaisers
3rd March 2007 09:32 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
tumbled wrote:
what do you guys think aboutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt2222222222222

this. that was my cat mimi she loves to type.

[Edited by tumbled]

absolutly killer. i would so love to see these guys in concert. kenny wayne is the blond guy and noah is the singer. don't know who the others are.
great song and video.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)