ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Masonic Hall - Detroit, MI July 6, 1978 streaming signal! Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th February 2007 09:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl For the very first time since they started a show of the Rolling Stones is available in excellent quality at Wolgang's Vault (Wolgang = The Legendary Bill Graham)

Click HEREand play it loud... no not that loud LOUDER!!!!!!
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
27th February 2007 09:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Found that on "This Week in Wolfgang's Vault" e-mail list!
27th February 2007 09:29 PM
Gazza Is this REALLY the full Detroit show from that tour surfacing for for the first time or just another case of a KBFH recording being 'mislabeled' by bootleggers?
27th February 2007 09:51 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Is this REALLY the full Detroit show from that tour surfacing for for the first time or just another case of a KBFH recording being 'mislabeled' by bootleggers?

Was thinking the same thing... not sure how well this will sound when it get's audio captured... Isn't this the show that the only 78 live official release comes from, WTWCD?
27th February 2007 10:03 PM
pdog Damn, i checked his site a long time ago. The list of shows is impressive, a ton of stuff that's been bootlegged before, but he might be sitting on stuff that's never seen the light of day...
Will any of this ever be able to get sold to the general public, or i should say, goofballs like us who live for this stuff...?
27th February 2007 10:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

Was thinking the same thing... not sure how well this will sound when it get's audio captured... Isn't this the show that the only 78 live official release comes from, WTWCD?

Thats correct

OK..Ive just had a quick listen to some of this and compared it to the existing KBFH recordings that were on Handsome Girls

'Shattered' is a different version from BOTH of the existing recordings, which come from Memphis & Lexington

"Honky Tonk Women" is different to the version from Houston thats the only KBFH circulating recording of this song.

Seems like its the real deal! Far Away Eyes and Respectable wre also played at this show, but are missing on this recording, but its nice to get 16 soundboard songs when we previously only had about eight.
28th February 2007 03:14 AM
albert Hello everybody,

did someone already figured out how to download from this fantastic website? (or should I respect/accept the fact that this is not possible?)

gr,
Albert
Holland
28th February 2007 04:11 AM
Mathijs yep, the real deal, I have't heard half of the songs before. So who's going to record the stream?
28th February 2007 04:17 AM
Rick56
quote:
albert wrote:
Hello everybody,

did someone already figured out how to download from this fantastic website? (or should I respect/accept the fact that this is not possible?)

gr,
Albert
Holland

It has been done before (recording stream )by some over on the TPATH board comes out in excellent quality
28th February 2007 05:22 AM
Erik_Snow Everything is Detroit?
How about Sweet Little Sixteen, Brown Sugar and Jumpin' Jack Flash?
Those ones sound like Houston.
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
28th February 2007 05:24 AM
Moonisup Did someone record this on their HD already? Great Sound
28th February 2007 06:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Everything is Detroit?
How about Sweet Little Sixteen, Brown Sugar and Jumpin' Jack Flash?
Those ones sound like Houston.

Havent heard the whole thing yet as I had to get to bed at some stage last night, but of the two songs I chose to check at random, they were definitely 'new'. I'll check out the others when I get a chance.
28th February 2007 06:37 AM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Havent heard the whole thing yet as I had to get to bed at some stage last night, but of the two songs I chose to check at random, they were definitely 'new'. I'll check out the others when I get a chance.

Gazza, I've listened a bit more.
The first part of the show seems to be Detroit, meaning new versions of Beast Of Burden, Honky Tonk WOmen and more.
BUT, the last 3 tracks is Houston July 19th, unless all the info about the 78 broadcasts is wrong (incl. Dieter Hoffmann's book, and the setlist pages at Rocks Off.), and I doubt that. I guess we'll have to compare with the audience sources...but that has been done to death allready.
I only listened to the last part of the show last night, so I was pretty sure it was the well-known material.
The surprises was in the first part, I see..or hear that is.
I guess a recording of this airing will be in MP3?

[Edited by Erik_Snow]
28th February 2007 07:51 AM
Moonisup Love in Vain is already on Handsome Girls from this broadcast.
28th February 2007 08:25 AM
Mathijs Let it rock, When the whip comes down, Miss you, Just my imagination, Tumbling dice and Happy were previously available from this show. Sweet Little Sixteen is indeed available already on Handsome Girls, and is denoted to be from Houston. Brown Sugar and JJF sounds new to me, I do not have Handsome Girls with me to compare.

All tapes from Wolfgang’s Vault are one concert tapes, meaning they were not spliced together from different shows. So I guess the info on Handsome Girls seems to be wrong, including the info on Hoffman’s website.

Mathijs
28th February 2007 08:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Love in Vain is already on Handsome Girls from this broadcast.

yes..but the only KBFH recording of that song that was previously available was the one from Detroit

The full KBFH recordings are as follows (as far as I know, theyre all on Handsome Girls/Gorgeous Girls Redux)

16th May 1979: US radio (D.I.R.) ‘King Biscuit Flower Hour’.
Rolling Stones live 1978. The following tracks have been played from
the US tour 1978 in different broadcasts:
- Let It Rock (Chuck Berry) -Detroit 6.7.78
- All Down The Line (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78
- Star Star (MJ/KR) - Houston 19.7.78
- When The Whip Comes Down (MJ/KR) -Detroit 6.7.78
- Lies 1 (MJ/KR) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Lies 2 (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78
- Miss You 1 (MJ/KR) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Miss You 2 (MJ/KR) -Detroit 6.7.78
- Beast Of Burden 1 (MJ/KR) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Beast Of Burden 2 (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78
- Just My Imagination 1 (Norman Whitfield/Barrett Strong) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Just My Imagination 2 (Norman Whitfield/Barrett Strong) -Detroit 6.7.78
- Shattered 1 (MJ/KR) -Memphis 28.6.78
- Shattered 2 (MJ/KR) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Respectable 1 (MJ/KR) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Respectable 2 (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78
- Far Away Eyes (MJ/KR) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Love In Vain (Robert Johnson) -Detroit 6.7.78
- Band introduction 1 -Lexington 29.6.78
- Band introduction 2 -Detroit 6.7.78
- Band introduction 3 -Houston 19.7.78
- Tumbling Dice 1 (MJ/KR) -Detroit 6.7.78
- Tumbling Dice 2 (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78
- Happy 1 (MJ/KR) -Detroit 6.7.78
- Happy 2 (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78
- Hound Dog (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller) -Memphis 28.6.78
- Sweet Little Sixteen 1 (Chuck Berry) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Sweet Little Sixteen 2 (Chuck Berry) -Houston 19.7.79
- Brown Sugar 1(MJ/KR) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Brown Sugar 2 (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78
- Jumping Jack Flash 1(MJ/KR) -Lexington 29.6.78
- Jumping Jack Flash 2 (MJ/KR) -Houston 19.7.78

Info copied and pasted from Nico Zentgraf's "The Complete Works" at http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/tcw/works1.htm

despite what he says, I dont think "Star Star" was broadcast (for obvious reasons) although its definitely available from the soundboard source
[Edited by Gazza]
28th February 2007 08:41 AM
Rick56 the show certainly sounds very good when saved as wav files whereever the performances were from if other than detroit
28th February 2007 09:07 AM
gimmekeef Recording from streams like this is going to produce mp3 files...not lossless...or do I not understand it?
28th February 2007 09:08 AM
GotToRollMe I got the notification email about this, but had no idea it was such huge news. Guess I should get over there and figure out a way to d/l this...
28th February 2007 09:19 AM
Rick56
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Recording from streams like this is going to produce mp3 files...not lossless...or do I not understand it?

. The walkman that i have would not show any difference in quality, I suppose I need a new walkman
[Edited by Rick56]
28th February 2007 09:34 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Rick56 wrote:

I saved mine to wav so that I could edit out the gaps and not have those when i play them back on my walkman. The walkman that i have would not show any difference in quality, I suppose I need a new walkman

Rick, please check PM. Thanks.
28th February 2007 09:36 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Rick56 wrote:

I saved mine to wav so that I could edit out the gaps and not have those when i play them back on my walkman. The walkman that i have would not show any difference in quality, I suppose I need a new walkman

Rick...thanks....what software program did you use and is it freeware?...thanks again
28th February 2007 09:58 AM
Rick56
(I edited out the gaps between the songs caused by the buffering and then coded to Flac on level 8 with align on sector boundaries)

My internet speed prohibits me from torrenting really

But I expect that there are many tohers who have done this by now and are more adapt at editing than little old me)

is there anywhere I could post a mp3 sample of the flac file?
[Edited by Rick56]
[Edited by Rick56]
[Edited by Rick56]
28th February 2007 10:31 AM
Saint Sway AWESOME!!!!
28th February 2007 11:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Is this REALLY the full Detroit show from that tour surfacing for for the first time or just another case of a KBFH recording being 'mislabeled' by bootleggers?

Gazza, Bill Graham used to record many shows; this comes from his big collection of recordings so I'm almost sure is the real deal.

I'm going to record it as soon as I have time
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
28th February 2007 11:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Tghe way I record is not via computer alone, I have my computer connected to my ONKYO TX NR801 in two ways "NET AUDIO" and "CD"; I'm going to record it with my Equalizer to reduce the buzzzz (not beautifull buzz BTW) and inmprove the sound and the make a CD. If I have enough time I will make it track by track.

I already did this for other shows from Wolgang's Vault and played the CDs in my equipment and my car (Traffic, Mountain, Ten Years After, Led Zeppelin and J. Geils Band)

Once I have it will torrent it! (not MP3)
28th February 2007 12:02 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

...goofballs like us who live for this stuff...?

LOL...pdog, as usual, steps right in the middle of it.
28th February 2007 05:50 PM
Mathijs The mixes are different from the KBFH broadcasts, the Wurlitzer in Miss You for example is way more upfront.

By the way, Lies is terrible: you hear Mick's guitar way too loud, and he's playing the wrong chords!

Mathijs
28th February 2007 06:05 PM
Mathijs And: Happy and Sweet Little Sixteen are from the same show. You hear Keith hit the open strings after he changed his guitar after Happy, and the same sound is at the intro of Sweet L16.

It seems we were wrong for 29 years, the last thee songs are from Detroit.

Mathijs
28th February 2007 06:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl My guess is that the whole show is from Detroit, Bill Graham was a legend, not a bootleger. So please come on!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)