ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pro-shot concerts Return to archive
9th March 2006 02:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man I can remember an earlier thread where Gazza listed some of the pro-shot concerts from 89' onwards. Anyway, wouldn’t it be great if there was a special reference page where fans could see for themselves what shows are out there in this quality and what they're like? I'm guessing that the majority of the pro-shots that surface are from television broadcasts, but you get the odd exception, like the 97' Double Door gig in Chicago. I know there are plenty of DVDs and VHS copies of shows out there and many of those are audience shot. I have seen a couple of these and maybe I'm been a little presumptuous, but I'm guessing there’s little to be impressed about.

Would anyone here care to list the known available pro-shots, or could anyone go a little further and give a little review. I for one would find it fascinating reading.
9th March 2006 03:35 PM
Jumping Jack Here is a pretty good list of what's out there pro shot and audience.

http://members.home.nl/bootcover/Dvd.html

There are the essentials as a start IMHO:

These are all essential IMHO and a good start for any collection:

“25x5” (1 DVD) A+
“Charlie Is My Darling” LT/SJ Presents (1 DVD) A+
64-69 “RS Ultimate TV Masters” (1 DVD) A
64-69 “Ed Sullivan Shows” (1 DVD) A
69 “Gimme Shelter” Criterion (1 DVD) A+
71 “Marque/Montreux Rumble” 4-Reels 72 Rehearsals, 71 Marquee, D. Cavett (1 DVD) A
72 “Ladies & Gentlemen” Ultimate Masters version (1 DVD) A
75 “LA Blues” Ganja Version Pro Shot (best version available) (1 DVD) B+
76 “Hot August Night” Knebworth 76 Jointrip (2 DVD) A-
76 “Love You Live” Aux Abattoirs Paris 6-6-76 complete 6-7-76 incomplete D-Stone (2 DVDs) A-
78 “Fort Worth (Deluxe Edition) Jointrip 6 songs + interviews (1 DVD) A-
78 “Saturday Night Live Complete” by Jointrip (1 DVD) A
81 “Live At The Hampton Coliseum” Jointrip 24-Bit Sound (2 DVDs) A
81 “Rocks Off” (same as LSTNT, extra When the Whip Comes Down) (1 DVD) A+
89 Toronto 9/3 Pro Shot (Play With Fire, One Hit To The Body) (‘94 60 Mins) (1 DVD) A-
89 LA 10/19 Paddington Version - Pro Shot, tape timing numbers w/EC (1 DVD) A
89 Atlantic City “Terrifying” Jointrip (2 DVD) A
90 Toyko 2/24 Upgrade Pro-Shot (1 DVD) A
90 Tokyo 2/26 Upgrade Pro Shot (1 DVD) A
90 Barcelona 6/14 “Goldmasters Version” Pro Shot (1 DVD) A
90 “At The Max” 7/7 IMAX (1 DVD) A+
94 Oakland “Voodoo at Halloween” 10/31 Pro Shot menu (2 DVDs) A
94 Miami “Hoodoo U Voodoo” 11/25 Pro Shot (2 DVDs) A
95 “Live In Rio” 2/4 Pro-Shot 5.1 Dolby overdub-synch off a little (2 DVD) A
95 Buenos Aires 2/16 Pro Shot (2 DVD) A
95 Johannesburg, Ellis Park 2/25 Pro Shot (2 DVDs) A
95 Tokyo “Nippon Voodoo” 3/12 Pro-Shot w/ menu (2 DVDs) A+
95 Melbourne 3/27 Audience Shot from master tape (1 DVDs) C
95 “Stripped” By Jointrip (1 DVD) A+
97 Chicago “Da Stones – Full Version” 9/23 Pro Shot (2 DVDs) A
97 “MTV Ten Spot” 10/25 (1 DVD) A+
97 St. Louis PPV 12/12 Pro Shot w/ menu (2 DVDs) A+
98 “Bridges to Argentina” 3/30 Pro Shot (2 DVDs) A
98 Rio 4/11 Pro Shot (1 DVD) A-
98 “Bridges Over Bremen” 9/2 Jointrip - Pro Shot (1 DVD) A
98 Istanbul 9/19 D-Stone Pro Shot (1 DVD ) A PAL
02 “Let It Bleed” French Documentary (1 DVD) A
02 “Palais Royale” Exile Version Pro Shot (2 DVD) A
03 MSG 1/16 Pro Shot (1 DVD) A-
03 MSG HBO 1/18 - Emmy Award Edition - Jointrip version (2 DVDs) A
03 Bangalore "Indian Affair" 04/04 D-Stone Pro Shot (1 DVD) A
03 Toronto 7/30 “SARS Concert” (2 DVDs) A
06 Copacabana Beach, Rio De Janeiro 2/18 Brazilian TV Broadcast (1 DVD) A
06 Argentina
9th March 2006 03:39 PM
pdog There's a few things on their I could cream on...
9th March 2006 03:44 PM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks for the informative list Jumping Jack!

Though, where is the '97 Double Door Gig? Or, is that audience shot?
9th March 2006 03:47 PM
pdog
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Thanks for the informative list Jumping Jack!

Though, where is the '97 Double Door Gig? Or, is that audience shot?

I saw some of that.. If I'm remember the video was three cams with the aud. audio...
9th March 2006 03:55 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
pdog wrote:

I saw some of that.. If I'm remember the video was three cams with the aud. audio...

Yeah, I think you’re probably right there. I have it on VHS and I'm going to dig it out for a viewing. I remember it being great! So, I guess some audience shot performances CAN be watchable! I think it's the ones that just focus on the jumbo screen that I wouldn’t be able to handle two hours of!
9th March 2006 03:58 PM
Break The Spell By chance, is there any video of the band from 1962 or 63?? The oldest clip I've seen is "You Better move On" from early 64.
9th March 2006 04:00 PM
pdog
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Yeah, I think you’re probably right there. I have it on VHS and I'm going to dig it out for a viewing. I remember it being great! So, I guess some audience shot performances CAN be watchable! I think it's the ones that just focus on the jumbo screen that I wouldn’t be able to handle two hours of!

The cameras may be pro-shot. Official filming or what not.
9th March 2006 04:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
By chance, is there any video of the band from 1962 or 63?? The oldest clip I've seen is "You Better move On" from early 64.

No there is'nt. Apart from a couple of radio performances on Saturday Club, no Stones broadcasts from 1962-1963 exist anymore. Actually, the clip you speak of is the OLDEST in circulation. It's taken from the Arthur Haynes show and I'm guessing it was broadcast in either January or February 1964. Right before that, they also did I Wanna Be Your Man Thats a must see!
9th March 2006 04:11 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

No there is'nt. Apart from a couple of radio performances on Saturday Club, no Stones broadcasts from 1962-1963 exist anymore. Actually, the clip you speak of is the OLDEST in circulation. It's taken from the Arthur Haynes show and I'm guessing it was broadcast in either January or February 1964. Right before that, they also did I Wanna Be Your Man Thats a must see!

Thanks for the info, I've searched all over but thats the oldest I could find. I thought it would be interesting to see and hear what the band sounded like with Dick Taylor on bass and Mick Avory, of Kinks fame, on drums.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
9th March 2006 04:12 PM
MRD8 The Double Door DVD is from a screen feed that the club has...the audio is also from that feed.
9th March 2006 04:35 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
The Double Door DVD is from a screen feed that the club has...the audio is also from that feed.

Well that's cleared that up!
10th March 2006 06:29 AM
Jumping Jack You can put the 81 Checkerboard with MW on there too. Are they essential? Maybe, quality isn't all that great.
10th March 2006 07:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Thanks for the info, I've searched all over but thats the oldest I could find. I thought it would be interesting to see and hear what the band sounded like with Dick Taylor on bass and Mick Avory, of Kinks fame, on drums.

contrary to popular myth, there's no evidence that Mick Avory ever played live with the Stones

see here for the personnel at each documented show prior to Charlie taking over :

http://rocksoff.org/1962.htm

http://rocksoff.org/1963.htm
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)