ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry blasts Coldplay-loving toy boys (NSC) Return to archive
8th March 2006 12:18 PM
moy Jerry blasts Coldplay-loving toy boys

Jerry Hall says she's fed-up with toy boys - because they're poor in bed and listen to Coldplay.

Mick Jagger's ex wife, 48, says she prefers a mature mind.

She said: "Older men are better lovers. They're more experienced and know how to please you.

"Anyway, younger men make you listen to Coldplay - and there ain't no treatment for that
8th March 2006 12:38 PM
Break The Spell I'm 28 and can't stand the Coldplay type bands. I can see her point though, many around my age like that Floyd-lite music.
8th March 2006 12:42 PM
Ihavelotsajam If I wanted to enter a comatose state by listening to Coldplay, I'd listen to Keane and Travis instead.
8th March 2006 12:49 PM
nanatod
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
If I wanted to enter a comatose state by listening to Coldplay, I'd listen to Keane and Travis instead.

Keane and Travis don't have the marketing/publicity/hype machine that Coldplay does. Does Travis even exist anymore? Their one big break was opening for Oasis.
[Edited by nanatod]
8th March 2006 01:00 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Keane and Travis don't have the marketing/publicity/hype machine that Coldplay does.

Nope. Too bad, 'cause they are better in the 'sweet melodic pop rock' department than Coldplay.
8th March 2006 06:08 PM
Soldatti Totally agreed with Jerry, I can't stand Coldplay.
8th March 2006 08:22 PM
texile love coldplay - one more way jerry annoys me...lol
8th March 2006 09:05 PM
gorda
quote:
moy wrote:
Jerry blasts Coldplay-loving toy boys

Jerry Hall says she's fed-up with toy boys - because they're poor in bed and listen to Coldplay.

Mick Jagger's ex wife, 48, says she prefers a mature mind.

She said: "Older men are better lovers. They're more experienced and know how to please you.

"Anyway, younger men make you listen to Coldplay - and there ain't no treatment for that

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Haven't you learned by now that all men are cruel and evil!

P.S. I have yet to meet the man that can give me a better orgasm than the one I can give myself with my middle finger!
8th March 2006 10:20 PM
glencar Coldplay is sick of themselves. They're taking 2 years off.
9th March 2006 03:56 AM
Slavegirl I'd rather be anally raped by a gorilla than listen to a Coldplay album
9th March 2006 04:17 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
I'd rather be anally raped by a gorilla than listen to a Coldplay album

OH!!!!!!
you re definitely a great girl!!
9th March 2006 09:12 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
glencar wrote:
Coldplay is sick of themselves. They're taking 2 years off.

No, they aren't! This is like the third time they announce a 'long break', get my hopes up, and then within a month crap out a new album. I just read some hype in a local paper about how their "new album will be edgier."
9th March 2006 09:24 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

No, they aren't! This is like the third time they announce a 'long break', get my hopes up, and then within a month crap out a new album. I just read some hype in a local paper about how their "new album will be edgier."

That could just mean one song will feature something that resembles an actual guitar riff.
9th March 2006 09:26 AM
glencar LOL "Jammy" that's posting!
9th March 2006 01:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Keane and Travis don't have the marketing/publicity/hype machine that Coldplay does. Does Travis even exist anymore? Their one big break was opening for Oasis.
[Edited by nanatod]

You're point about Keane and Travis not getting the same kind of hype as Coldplay is true to an extent, though I'd expect Keane to get PLENTY of hype and publicity in the build up to the release of their next release. They were a little unknown band when Hopes And Fears hit the shelves, but exploded over here in the UK son after. They're very big over here and in my opinion, can only go on to greater things. Saying that, I'm not a fan!

The same goes for Travis, though their last studio album in 2004, certainly gained a lot less publicity than the two that preceded it. They were BIG in the UK from around 2000-2002 and were filling arenas by the release of their third album. They are still around and released a Greatest Hits a year or so back.

Another point to remember when considering Coldplay popularity is this. Do you not think Chris Martin been married to an A list Hollywood actress has anything to do with they're success? I do.

Personally, I despise Coldplay and after a brief moment of madness which culminated in me attending a gig of theirs and falling asleep half way through, made the decision to boycott any release of theirs and switch off the television or radio anytime I hear they're god awful racket!

Yes, Jerry Hall has the RIGHT idea! The only people who listen to Coldplay are boring, middle-class twats with no apparent musical brain. As a guy called Alan McGhee (I think he founded Creation records and he later had ties with The Libertines) once observed, "Coldplay is music for bed wetters"
9th March 2006 01:48 PM
glencar I quite liked "Yellow" but after that I quit wetting the bed & now despise Coldplay.
9th March 2006 01:52 PM
Break The Spell I hold nothing against bed wetters, in fact some can make great life-long companions. Coldplay, on the other hand do cause me to have a very early bed time.
9th March 2006 01:56 PM
Angiegirl I love Travis! They are so much more genuine than CP. I like some of Coldplay's songs, but don't ever compare the 2! Travis used to be fantastic live. Coldplay sucks live. As does Keane, but then again, that album of theirs is a snoozefest as well.
9th March 2006 01:58 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Another point to remember when considering Coldplay popularity is this. Do you not think Chris Martin been married to an A list Hollywood actress has anything to do with they're success? I do.

I don't know, I remember them being hyped with Yellow before he met her/it was known to the world they would have fruity kiddies together.
9th March 2006 02:00 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I don't know, I remember them being hyped with Yellow before he met her/it was known to the world they would have fruity kiddies together.

I'm sure Apple will grow up to be a normal, respectable human being. I wonder if her dad throws on his music when she can't sleep at night??
9th March 2006 02:06 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I wonder if her dad throws on his music when she can't sleep at night??

Lol, I bet he does, because she wakes up screaming from nightmares about his big teeth frequently.
9th March 2006 02:10 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Lol, I bet he does, because she wakes up screaming from nightmares about his big teeth frequently.

Indeed, even I've had nightmares about them from time to time. Gweneth said that Apple is a common name over in England when she was asked why she picked that name.
9th March 2006 02:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I love Travis! They are so much more genuine than CP. I like some of Coldplay's songs, but don't ever compare the 2! Travis used to be fantastic live.

I agree! Travis was the first "modern band" I ever really got into. I liked other current music before them, but I took them in as my own and was a big fan for a couple of years. I saw them live in early 2002 and it remains to be one of the most enjoyable gigs I ever attended. It’s a shame, as while I still acknowledge their records were great, I just don’t play them anymore. They're too attached to what I was like back then and where as I view the Stones as timeless, I view my love of Travis as very much a "time and a place" thing. A bit like an ex girlfriend, I suppose.
9th March 2006 02:13 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Indeed, even I've had nightmares about them from time to time. Gweneth said that Apple is a common name over in England when she was asked why she picked that name.

Yes, which is BS. What do you think the second one will be called? Let me guess...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
9th March 2006 02:17 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I agree! Travis was the first "modern band" I ever really got into. I liked other current music before them, but I took them in as my own and was a big fan for a couple of years. I saw them live in early 2002 and it remains to be one of the most enjoyable gigs I ever attended. It’s a shame, as while I still acknowledge their records were great, I just don’t play them anymore.

Yeah, know what you mean though. Saw them around the same time (same year?) at the Pinkpop festival here. They played the smallest tent, but there was an electric charge of emotion in that place. I loved them.
9th March 2006 02:18 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yes, which is BS. What do you think the second one will be called? Let me guess...

[Edited by Angiegirl]

Asparagus has got to be a common name somewhere in the world.
9th March 2006 02:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Asparagus has got to be a common name somewhere in the world.

Got to be!
9th March 2006 07:49 PM
texile what's with the coldplay hate -
they may have become an overhyped media darling but i love thier sound and atmospheric melodies...
i get chills with this shit.
i do love travis though....
'why does it always rain on me..'

10th March 2006 08:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
texile wrote:
what's with the coldplay hate -
they may have become an overhyped media darling but i love thier sound and atmospheric melodies...
i get chills with this shit.
i do love travis though....
'why does it always rain on me..'

My dislike for Coldplay goes WAY beyond the music. In my opinion, to really like a band, you have to be able to connect to the members and as I hate Chris Martin, I can't. I profoundly dislike their music too. I dislike their music because it's so BLAND!

The only exception to my theory is Michael Jackson. I'd say that on the whole now, pretty much everyone dislikes him, yet, as a singer, he's still admired and his video for Thriller was recently voted the greatest music video of all time. He's the ultimate example of a celebrity whose private life and work are kept separate.

Travis are good
10th March 2006 10:00 AM
Bruno Stone I still like Michael Jackson and have no shame about it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)