ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Prince Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th March 2006 03:23 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Caught a glimpse of him at the Brit awards last month and really enjoyed his mini set. I had his greatest hits given to me as a present the other year and decided to dust it off.

I am really enjoying his music at the moment. I know that some of it is very dated now and that his ego has led him to be somewhat of a musical joke, but there is no denying the man has some serious talent.

I got the video below from you tube and I think it shows just how good this little fucker is on the guitar. Great song too. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLdVkoKNToE&search=prince%20live
8th March 2006 04:35 AM
UGot2Rollme I have just recently started to appreciate Prince on guitar. Get a copy of the 2000 New Year's DVD if you can, and listen to solos on Purple Rain and others. Great sound he gets from that thing.
8th March 2006 04:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I was so impressed at the ease he showed whilst soloing. He seems very comfortable to play and sing at the same time and he makes most of his solos as close to the original as posible.

This is something I like as all too often bands, and this includes the stones, do no even attempt to make their live solos sound anything like the original.
8th March 2006 06:29 AM
Voodoo Scrounge No one else here like him?
8th March 2006 06:46 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I was so impressed at the ease he showed whilst soloing. He seems very comfortable to play and sing at the same time and he makes most of his solos as close to the original as posible.

This is something I like as all too often bands, and this includes the stones, do no even attempt to make their live solos sound anything like the original.

To me, thats part of the Stones charm, to do it a bit different each time, it adds that spontaneous element. If everything's too perfect, it seems too mechanical to me.
8th March 2006 07:30 AM
egon he was the shit in the 80s, but turned to shit in the 90s.

8th March 2006 07:35 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

Sadly, the post 81 concerts are all based on the fact that Jagger wants to sound as closed as possible as the records.
Which explains the number of musicians on stage.
An example?? Let s spend the night together, where the piano intro was back and was a real nightmare compared to the smoking versions of 81.

8th March 2006 07:44 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Sadly, the post 81 concerts are all based on the fact that Jagger wants to sound as closed as possible as the records.
An example?? Let s spend the night together, where the piano intro was back and was a real nightmare compared to the smoking versions of 81.

The 76 live versions of LSTNT were pretty good as well.
8th March 2006 07:45 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

The 76 live versions of LSTNT were pretty good as well.

very raw versions with an overcocained Billy Preston!!
8th March 2006 07:47 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

very raw versions with an overcocained Billy Preston!!

Its amazing they gave him his own 2 song mini-set. I couldn't imagine something like that happeneing these days, plus I don't think the crowd would take it too kindly.
8th March 2006 07:51 AM
lotsajizz the shows were longer then, even without the Billy mini-set
8th March 2006 08:02 AM
Nellcote 1st cut
Purple Rain cd
"Let's Go Crazy"
Please follow these steps.
1. Insert CD
2. Volume to 10
3. Seated in front of the stereo
4. Indulgement of choice at the ready
5. Regale in the experience

Please report back when complete
Sheer Brilliance!

We now return you to regular programming...
8th March 2006 08:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
No one else here like him?

Most definitely. Especially the mid 80's (1986-88) run of albums and tours from 'Parade', through 'Sign o' the times', 'Black album and 'Love sexy'.

The stuff since then has been patchy IMO, although I thought "The Gold Experience" was a greatly underrated album
8th March 2006 08:20 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Its amazing they gave him his own 2 song mini-set. I couldn't imagine something like that happeneing these days, plus I don't think the crowd would take it too kindly.

2 songs by Chuck could be great

back to topic, I like Prince, especially "Get off".
This NPG era had good gems.
8th March 2006 08:28 AM
GotToRollMe I saw him on the Purple Rain tour. He's one of the most talented and charismatic performers I have ever laid eyes on. What a hot guitar player!
8th March 2006 08:28 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I love the NPG era.

I find an awful lot of his stuff average. But he still plays very well
8th March 2006 08:32 AM
Jumping Jack He just announced a show next Wed at the Tabernacle here in Atlanta that starts at midnight for $60. I would go but will be at Raduio City.

Strange, a 7 day notice and a midnight show.
8th March 2006 09:17 AM
Break The Spell Rasberry Beret has a nice psychedelic touch to it.
8th March 2006 09:48 AM
TampabayStone Hello! I have been on Shidoobee for a couple years (I do not post often) and have been a lurker here for quite awhile.

Anyway, my girlfriend is a Prince freak, which in turn made me open up my ears. We saw him two nights in a row a couple of years ago and I was absolutely blown away by this guy. Tickets were reasonable; he had a center stage and gave away his new CD (at the time) as you walked thru the door. I would highly recommend going to a show if you ever get the chance. Also, when they inducted George Harrison into the RnR HOF, his solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps not only blew me away, it seemed to get George's son Dani pretty fired up as well.

Robert
8th March 2006 05:26 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Caught a glimpse of him at the Brit awards last month and really enjoyed his mini set. I had his greatest hits given to me as a present the other year and decided to dust it off.

I am really enjoying his music at the moment. I know that some of it is very dated now and that his ego has led him to be somewhat of a musical joke, but there is no denying the man has some serious talent.

I got the video below from you tube and I think it shows just how good this little fucker is on the guitar. Great song too. Enjoy
____

FUCK YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I forgot about that performance - you watch that stage, and there are some pretty legit and talented musicians up there, and they are flat out blown away by that guitar work. Prince has gone off into some strange periods at times, but the guy is...drumroll please....the single most talented musician/entertainer out there bar none.

His shows are brilliant night in and night out. I am really diggin his fashion these days too - cool ghetto pimp vibe that few can pull off - but man he pulls it off and then some.

Some folks used to say Prince was a shorter version of Hendrix - no fucking way. Hendrix was a guitar genious - but Prince is a flat out all around genious - when he is on, man, no one can touch him.

Saw him during his last tour, 2nd row about 30 feet away - the guy is mid-40s now and he looked fantastic. One of the few entertainers today that can go toe-to-toe with Mick in the physical conditioning department.

...but Mick can't play no guitar like that!

Cool to see Prince getting some respect in here - much deserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLdVkoKNToE&search=prince%20live

8th March 2006 06:10 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I'm not so sure about that one mate. Sway differs a lot live in its sound and structure than on record. And the same goes for Miss You and You Can't Always Get What You Want.
8th March 2006 06:28 PM
Soldatti His last album was average, but he was smart with the marketing.
8th March 2006 08:46 PM
Paranoid_Android His magesties solo at the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame induction 2 years ago...was so incredible...It brought me to tears...when that group was jammi' out a version of Harrison's " When My Guitar Gently Weeps"...and Prince came out for his part...well...it should have given him an instant pass into the RRHoF!!! Truly...the highlite of the nite!!!
8th March 2006 08:55 PM
parmeda
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
back to topic, I like Prince, especially "Get off".

Ju, great minds think alike! You beat me to this one

And for the record...Prince has the BEST fricken shoes!

9th March 2006 02:45 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Ju, great minds think alike! You beat me to this one

And for the record...Prince has the BEST fricken shoes!

Parmy!!
I will play this track loud tonight in your honor!
Prince's shoes....yes, he may be the only guy on earth to wear stilettos perfectly( I can tell you that as a professional of women legs )
9th March 2006 05:00 AM
speedfreakjive his new song 'Black Sweat' is a gas!
9th March 2006 05:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
his new song 'Black Sweat' is a gas!

Hi SFJ how are you today??
have you seen the matches yesterday??
(Let s try to be off topic dicretely, nobody's there they re still sleeping!)
9th March 2006 05:17 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hi SFJ how are you today??
have you seen the matches yesterday??
(Let s try to be off topic dicretely, nobody's there they re still sleeping!)

hahahah!!
I'm good thanks, I have a lot of university work to do though. You cool?

I didn't see yesterdays goals, because they weren't on TV, they were on satellite.
But I watched the Barca - Chelsea game. A real disappointment, Barca just defended and Chelsea couldn't break down. Sad to see Liverpool go out, but go Arsenal!!
How did Lyon get on?>
9th March 2006 05:34 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Hey, Im watching you guys. This should all be about Prince!

Only joking.

There were some fantastic goals in the Champions League last night. Both Benfica goals were superb and Lyon played very well.
I am a Chelsea fan and was very dissapointed to see them go out. But I believe if we buy Shevchenko or Adriano we will be a much better team next year.
9th March 2006 06:23 AM
Daethgod i saw Prince at Rod Laver Melb FOS Sec A Row A
he was the farken bomb !
greatest hits set, and it was a 2 and a half hour funkathon.
Man that guy is seriuosly only 3 fet tall (and thats in 6 inch pumps)
but fark can he play and funk out

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)