ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Baltimore, November 26, 1969 Return to archive
8th March 2006 01:39 AM
Fendercaster I saw several references on this thread to the Baltimore show on November 26, 1969. I was at this show, does anyone remember who the opening act/acts were for this show? I'm afraid my memory is fading with time!
Thanks for your help.
8th March 2006 04:27 AM
marko Don´t know the openinen act,but this mighta been best 69
show.
8th March 2006 05:39 AM
erikjjf I'm not sure who opened where, but these were the opening acts on the 69 tour (except at West Palm Beach and Altamont):

Chuck Berry
B. B. King
Ike & Tina Turner
Terry Reid
8th March 2006 06:51 AM
Break The Spell It seems like Ike and Tina opened a lot of the late November shows that tour.
8th March 2006 11:38 AM
Water Dragon Hi - I was at this show and BB King & his Revue blew the roof off the Convention Centre...and The Rolling Stones did NOT live up to his opener!
8th March 2006 11:41 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
Hi - I was at this show and BB King & his Revue blew the roof off the Convention Centre...and The Rolling Stones did NOT live up to his opener!

Seeing Midnight Rambler live '69 style must have been incredible.
8th March 2006 01:34 PM
Water Dragon The 2 Micks, Bill & Charlie were certainly trying their hardest to put on a good performance...there was only one notable dial-in!
8th March 2006 01:49 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
The 2 Micks, Bill & Charlie were certainly trying their hardest to put on a good performance...there was only one notable dial-in!

An off night for Keef I take it?? One of the bonus features on the Gimme Shelter DVD is a rare live perfoamnce of Prodigal Son and he ended it way too early, Mick looked at him like OK??
8th March 2006 03:53 PM
Water Dragon Yeah, its tough when you're totally drugged out and everyone else is carrying you!
8th March 2006 03:55 PM
Break The Spell So was he just dragging down the songs that night, playing the wrong riffs, ending things too early, or a mixture of all the above??
8th March 2006 04:30 PM
Water Dragon I don't have a boot of the show, only my memory...I went with my brother who was a huge Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Allman Brothers guitar fan (I, more a Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy fan.) I remember him being hugely impressed with Mick Taylor's playing and Mick Jagger's hip-shaking moves...pretty appalled at the missed intro's and missed licks of Keith's guitar. I had been a fan of TRS for a long time, he not so much...I missed Brian. He went back to see them in '76 and had a life-changing experience. Unfortunately, he's no longer available for chat.
9th March 2006 07:05 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
I don't have a boot of the show, only my memory...I went with my brother who was a huge Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Allman Brothers guitar fan (I, more a Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy fan.) I remember him being hugely impressed with Mick Taylor's playing and Mick Jagger's hip-shaking moves...pretty appalled at the missed intro's and missed licks of Keith's guitar. I had been a fan of TRS for a long time, he not so much...I missed Brian. He went back to see them in '76 and had a life-changing experience. Unfortunately, he's no longer available for chat.

Sorry he's no longer around. If he was into the Clapton style players I can see why he was impressed by Taylor. As far as Keith, when he's good, he's on fire and inspires the band to play to their heights, on off nights however, everyone really has to step it up to keep the show flowing to the level it should be.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)