ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: About The B-Stage.... Return to archive
7th March 2006 11:02 PM
RollingstonesUSA How did it come about, whos idea was it, was it first used on the B2B tour?....
7th March 2006 11:04 PM
glencar Didn't U2 start it??
7th March 2006 11:05 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
glencar wrote:
Didn't U2 start it??

AHH!!!!!!!!! This is for Bono!

7th March 2006 11:10 PM
glencar No, seriously...
8th March 2006 12:32 PM
RollingstonesUSA Anybody know....
8th March 2006 12:35 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Anybody know....

Yes, 1997's Bridges tour was the first time the Stones used it, and as far as who thought of it, usually Mick and Charlie design the stages and make the decisions as to what the set-up will be and look like, so my guess it was those 2 who thought of it.
8th March 2006 12:49 PM
keefkid
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Yes, 1997's Bridges tour was the first time the Stones used it, and as far as who thought of it, usually Mick and Charlie design the stages and make the decisions as to what the set-up will be and look like, so my guess it was those 2 who thought of it.

yea i think that is it, it was the 'Bridges' theme that started it all, i remmeber that tour and they walked like out over a bridge to a smaller stage and been doing it ever since and others have COPIED... but others have been copying the Stones forever right haaaaaaaa
8th March 2006 12:58 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
keefkid wrote:

yea i think that is it, it was the 'Bridges' theme that started it all, i remmeber that tour and they walked like out over a bridge to a smaller stage and been doing it ever since and others have COPIED... but others have been copying the Stones forever right haaaaaaaa

Right, it was supposed to be part of the "Bridges To Babylon" theme, a bridge out to the crowd and do a set of 3 songs close to the crowd. It carried over to no Security, Licks and the current Bigger Bang tour.
8th March 2006 01:33 PM
FPM C10 ACTUALLY, the first time they did the satellite stage bit was on the Voodoo Lounge pay-per-view from Miami. It kind of left the main stage and drifted around the audience while they played "Sweet Virginia" (I think that's what they were playing)and then returned. It actually looked kind of stupid, but thank goodness they kept working on it. It's been a cool part of every show since.

I think they did get the idea from U2, just like the Super Bowl stage, but screw those wankers.
8th March 2006 01:52 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
ACTUALLY, the first time they did the satellite stage bit was on the Voodoo Lounge pay-per-view from Miami. It kind of left the main stage and drifted around the audience while they played "Sweet Virginia" (I think that's what they were playing)and then returned. It actually looked kind of stupid, but thank goodness they kept working on it. It's been a cool part of every show since.

I think they did get the idea from U2, just like the Super Bowl stage, but screw those wankers.

Yep, they did that for the Voodoo Tour, but as far as the concept for a b-stage what we know it today was started during the Babylon tour. And yes, thankfully they did work on it after that Miami show!!
8th March 2006 02:21 PM
KennedyLW Someone correctly named U2 as starting it. They used the B Stage first on their Zoo TV tour, for the stadium shows at least. This was 92/93.
8th March 2006 03:57 PM
Joey
quote:
KennedyLW wrote:
Someone correctly named U2 as starting it. They used the B Stage first on their Zoo TV tour, for the stadium shows at least. This was 92/93.

Thank You .

Young Joey learned something today
8th March 2006 04:08 PM
FPM C10 Me too! I heard on the radio today that Carly got paid WAY too much when they gave her the heave-ho!

They mentioned that she loves "puss-puss" too!
8th March 2006 04:38 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Me too! I heard on the radio today that Carly got paid WAY too much when they gave her the heave-ho!

They mentioned that she loves "puss-puss" too!

Hillary Clinton LOVES Puss Puss ( .. another Joey Original )

W- W- What ?!?! .... Oh , sure ! :

" Paris Hilton Hit With Restraining Order "

" LOS ANGELES — A court commissioner has signed off on an unusual restraining order against celebutante Paris Hilton, ordering her to stay at least 100 yards away from an event producer who claimed she threatened him — unless they're at a party together.

Brian Quintana was granted the three-year restraining order against Hilton last month after he testified that the celebutante harassed and threatened him after their friendship soured.

Because Quintana, 37, and Hilton, 25, occasionally attend the same social events, their attorneys drafted an untraditional restraining order that was approved by Superior Court Commissioner Tim Murphy on Monday.

The agreement stipulates that when they attend the same parties, "the stay-away distance may be shortened to 25 feet," according to court papers.

Hilton spokesman Elliot Mintz has said his client wants nothing to do with Quintana and is happy to keep her distance from him.

Quintana testified that he met Hilton on the party circuit a few years ago and later introduced her to future boyfriend Stavros Niarchos III.

Quintana said their relationship soured after he urged Niarchos to reconsider dating Hilton. "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,187187,00.html

8th March 2006 04:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
KennedyLW wrote:
Someone correctly named U2 as starting it. They used the B Stage first on their Zoo TV tour, for the stadium shows at least. This was 92/93.

Correct. Jagger also attended the U2 show in Dublin in August 1993 when the band were working on Voodoo Lounge there. Theyve used the same stage designers and production crew over the years, so have frequently adapted ideas from each other. As FPM correctly states, the first Stones show to use it was the Miami PPV show on 25.11.94, although it wasnt used as a part of the Stones tour show until 1997.

However, I read a while back that Bryan Adams - of all people - had used a B-stage on his shows a few years prior to U2 doing so.
9th March 2006 11:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Correct. Jagger also attended the U2 show in Dublin in August 1993 when the band were working on Voodoo Lounge there. Theyve used the same stage designers and production crew over the years, so have frequently adapted ideas from each other. As FPM correctly states, the first Stones show to use it was the Miami PPV show on 25.11.94, although it wasnt used as a part of the Stones tour show until 1997.

However, I read a while back that Bryan Adams - of all people - had used a B-stage on his shows a few years prior to U2 doing so.

I also seem to remember bands (Aerosmith comes to mind) that used a "Lawn Stage" at outdoor ampitheater venues, but I don't know how long ago that was...perhaps I can check into it and see. The stones didnt invent this idea by anymeans, but the do manage to keep it fresh each time they use it and it is a novel gimmick.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)