ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What is the song count this tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th March 2006 09:46 PM
Kilroy I count 53. Am I correct, am I close. This list was compiled with the help of Gazza.
1.Rough Justice
2.Live With Me
3.19th Nevous Breakdown
4.She's so Cold
5.Dead Flowers
6.Back Of My Hand
7.Ain't To Proud to Beg
8.Infamy
9.Oh No, Not You Again
10.Get Up Stand Up
11.Mr Pitful
12.Tumbling Dice
13.Brown Sugar
14.Jumpin Jack Flash
15.Start me Up
16.You Got Me Rocking
17.Shattered
18.Beast Of Burden
19.HeartBreaker
20.Night Time Is The Best Time
21.The Worst
22.Miss You
23.I Can't Get No Satisfaction
24.Honky Tonk Women
25.Out Of Control
26.Sympathy For The Devil
27.You Can't Always Get What You Want
28.It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
29.Bitch
30.Ruby Tuesday
31.All Down The Line
32.Midnight Rambler
33.Paint It Black
34.Rocks Off
35.Waitin On A friend
36.Sway
37.Wild Horses
38.Get Off Of My Cloud
39.Sweet Virginia
40.Angie
41.Rain Fall Down
42.Slipping Away
43.It Won't Take Long
44.As Tears Go By
45.This Place is Empty
46.Happy
47.Let's Spend The Night Together
48.Resectable
49.Memory Motel
50.Gimmie Shelter
51.Love is Strong
52.Worried About you
53.Far away Eyes
7th March 2006 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl And this is the breakdown, updated March 2 after the show in Monterrey by Young Gazelle at BdP

http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3217
7th March 2006 10:45 PM
glencar Licks must have more different songs. I saw 49 different songs myself...
8th March 2006 12:45 AM
pdog 53 Seems about right...
Rough Justice
Live with Me
19th Nervous Breakdown
She's So Cold
Dead Flowers
Back of My Hand
Ain't Too Proud to Beg
Infamy (Keith)
Oh No Not You Again
Get Up Stand Up (Bob Marley cover)
Mr. Pitifull (Otis Redding cover)
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rockin
Shattered
Beast of Burden
Heartbreaker
Night Time (Ray Charles cover)
The Worst (Keith)
Miss You
Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Woman
Out of Control
Sympathy for the Devil
You Can't Always Get What You Want
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Bitch
Ruby Tuesday
All Down The Line
Midnight Rambler
Paint It, Black
Rocks Off
Waiting On A Friend
Sway
Wild Horses
Get Off Of My Cloud
Sweet Virginia
Angie
Rain Fall Down
Slipping Away (Keith)
It Won't Take Long
As Tears Go By
This Place Is Empty
Happy
Let's Spend The Night Together
Respectable
Memory Motel
Gimme Shelter
Love Is Strong
Worried About You
Far Away Eyes
8th March 2006 01:02 AM
erikjjf
quote:
glencar wrote:
Licks must have more different songs.

They played 78 different songs on the Licks tour.
60 on Voodoo Lounge.
8th March 2006 09:07 AM
Madafaka
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
60 on Voodoo Lounge.

Exactly, but this tour is not over yet. We could have some surprises
8th March 2006 09:11 AM
Break The Spell The past 4 tours have been great as far as song count goes. On earlier tours, there could only be 25-30 different songs played for the entire tour!!
8th March 2006 10:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

60 on Voodoo Lounge.

and 76 on BTB/No Security
8th March 2006 10:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

there'd need to be quite a few!

I doubt it'll exceed 60 by the time the tour finishes at the end of August

That's still not bad - although unfortunately too many of those songs get played a couple of times only and too many others get played EVERY night

It seems to be a pattern now that the "A" markets which have got 2 visits and 3-4 shows (eg LA, New York) get the 'nuggets' whereas the cities that get one show only get "Omahed".

The thing is that even though that was a great setlist in LA a couple of nights ago and they changed it because theyd already played there 4 months earlier - most of the people at the show would still have been at their only concert of the tour.

So, in theory, if they figure that an LA audience of mostly one show per tour fans are 'sophisticated' enough to 'get' something beyond the standard set, then a similar rule of thumb should be applied to their next show in Little Rock.

Good to see them mixing it up a bit more, but lets see them take that chance at some of the one-nighters too.

Otherwise, it doesnt bode well for the rest of the tour unless youre going to both nights in Tokyo, Paris, Amsterdam and London. And even then, theyre less likely to make major changes at stadium shows as they do in arenas.
8th March 2006 10:30 AM
blackandblue The best thing of this tour so far is they play a lot of songs of their new album. They finally made an album they take serious.
8th March 2006 11:32 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
The best thing of this tour so far is they play a lot of songs of their new album. They finally made an album they take serious.

I just wish songs like It Won't Take Long and Back Of My hand stayed in the set longer than they did. Still waiting for the debut of Laugh, I Nearly Died.
8th March 2006 12:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
The best thing of this tour so far is they play a lot of songs of their new album. They finally made an album they take serious.

Huh? Theyve ignored this album more than any other record theyve ever released

Whilst theyve played 7 songs in total, most nights its been 4 songs, sometimes 3 and on a couple of occasions earlier in 2006 as low as two. In a set of 20-21 songs, thats not very many.

At least its been four for the last few weeks which isnt a bad thing, although its sad that "Back of my hand" (the best performed of all the new songs IMO) appears to have gone for good.
8th March 2006 12:33 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Huh? Theyve ignored this album more than any other record theyve ever released

Whilst theyve played 7 songs in total, most nights its been 4 songs, sometimes 3 and on a couple of occasions earlier in 2006 as low as two. In a set of 20-21 songs, thats not very many.

At least its been four for the last few weeks which isnt a bad thing, although its sad that "Back of my hand" (the best performed of all the new songs IMO) appears to have gone for good.

My thoughts exactly. On the 78 and 81 tours, as many as 6-7 new songs were done each night. Hell, even Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge usually got 5 songs a night in the set list.
8th March 2006 03:22 PM
rasputin56 Just saying but, Springsteen played 139 different songs on his last tour. To be honest, I really don't know why anyone would go to more than 1 show per tour for them. Apart from the exorbitant prices per ticket, the lack of mixing up the setlist certainly doesn't promote seing multi shows.
8th March 2006 03:29 PM
nanatod "the lack of mixing up the setlist"

The Stones (except for Chuck) obviously don't believe in the Grateful Dead / Dylan school of live performance where the audience has to keep scratching their heads, wondering what song they are listening to.
[Edited by nanatod]
8th March 2006 03:34 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"the lack of mixing up the setlist"

The Stones (except for Chuck) obviously don't believe in the Grateful Dead / Dylan school of live performance where the audience has to keep scratching their heads, wondering what song they are listening to.
[Edited by nanatod]

I really think they'd like to mix it up more, but the bigger the crowd is, the more you have to stick to the big hits, otherwise you run the risk of alienating too much of the crowd. I've seen that first hand when they played Sweet Virginia, Sway and Can't You hear Me Knocking, the majority of the crowd show up just for the hits so thats what the band gives them. One cool thing about the small club shows of 02-03 is digging deep in the catalogue for the die-hards.
8th March 2006 03:39 PM
nanatod "the bigger the crowd is, the more you have to stick to the big hits, otherwise you run the risk of alienating too much of the crowd."

Otherwise known as the Jimmy Buffet school of setlist preparation.
8th March 2006 03:39 PM
rasputin56 Like I said, it doesn't encourage people to see more than one show, does it? Once you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all (except for maybe the odd song here and there) Presumably, if you were a real fan you would recognize just about any song thrown at you. One would also hope that the majority of the people there are real fans. If you're happy just getting the same songs, night after night, more power to ya.
8th March 2006 03:42 PM
nanatod "if you were a real fan you would recognize just about any song thrown at you."

True of the Stones, but not true of say, Dylan, but that's because Bob changes the tempos, the rhythms, and probably, the keys of songs when he plays them in concert.
8th March 2006 03:45 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Like I said, it doesn't encourage people to see more than one show, does it? Once you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all (except for maybe the odd song here and there) Presumably, if you were a real fan you would recognize just about any song thrown at you. One would also hope that the majority of the people there are real fans. If you're happy just getting the same songs, night after night, more power to ya.

Most of the crowd aren't the die-hards that we are, thats the sad thing. Their more of the casual fans, and some may only like / know 5-10 of the bigger hits. I did notice the songs I'm most into at the live shows are the ones that the least amount of people seem to like. Thats why they continue to pour out the big hits with a few deep cuts here and there.
8th March 2006 03:45 PM
rasputin56
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"if you were a real fan you would recognize just about any song thrown at you."

True of the Stones, but not true of say, Dylan, but that's because Bob changes the tempos, the rhythms, and probably, the keys of songs when he plays them in concert.

Not to mention the usually unintelligable vocalizations.
[Edited by rasputin56]
8th March 2006 04:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Most of the crowd aren't the die-hards that we are, thats the sad thing. Their more of the casual fans, and some may only like / know 5-10 of the bigger hits. I did notice the songs I'm most into at the live shows are the ones that the least amount of people seem to like. Thats why they continue to pour out the big hits with a few deep cuts here and there.

I dont buy this excuse which suggests that the average audience member at a Stones show is so unsophisticated regarding the band's material that they only know about ten songs, yet are still prepared to pay $450 a ticket to see them. If its true, its a statistic completely unique to this band.

Considering the fact that pre-2005, the band had no qualms about playing a show that featured a considerable amount of "non warhorses" and people kept coming back tour after tour to hear them, added to the fact that we're talking about a band who have sold around 250 million records, that claim simply doesnt add up.
8th March 2006 04:05 PM
pdog Songs played remains at 53...
8th March 2006 04:18 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dont buy this excuse which suggests that the average audience member at a Stones show is so unsophisticated regarding the band's material that they only know about ten songs, yet are still prepared to pay $450 a ticket to see them. If its true, its a statistic completely unique to this band.

Considering the fact that pre-2005, the band had no qualms about playing a show that featured a considerable amount of "non warhorses" and people kept coming back tour after tour to hear them, added to the fact that we're talking about a band who have sold around 250 million records, that claim simply doesnt add up.

I know what you're saying, but with all that in mind, I still have to wonder why the vast majority of their catalogue is unknown to many, even those that pay top dollar for tickets. You're correct in thinking that they should be able to play anything off albums like Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goats Head Soup and Some Girls and have a good crowd reaction given the high numbers these albums have sold worldwide. Sadly thats not always the case.
8th March 2006 04:27 PM
Gazza Probably because a higher proportion of people at Stones gigs are there on a 'corporate' night out than would be the case for any other artist

Seriously, this excuse wasnt a factor prior to this tour. Look at the average setlist from any tour prior to this one.

And if you can assume that at the bare mininimum, anyone who goes to a Stones show would own a copy of "40 Licks" that still leaves over 30 songs that everyone should know and which could be dropped in and out of the set at any time.

I honestly dont believe that if someone goes to one show a tour and the Stones DONT play one or two of their ten best known songs, that person is going to either walk out in disgust or go home so disappointed that they'll never want to see the band again. For a band to feel like they're hostages to such a narrow minded mentality and to feel obliged to tailor a show to that kind of 'customer' is baffling
8th March 2006 06:18 PM
Soldatti 53 is a good number, sadly many were played a couple of times only.
9th March 2006 01:49 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

8 of the 78 songs played on the Licks tour made their tour debut on the European leg (Heartbreaker, Nearness Of You, Out Of Control, Starfucker, Paint It Black, Theif In The Night, Saint Of Me, Salt Of The Earth).
With only stadium shows on this year's European tour, this number will naturally be lower.
9th March 2006 07:09 AM
Break The Spell I think its still amazing that "Dance Pt. 1" made its live debut before "Emotional Rescue", the big hit on the album that has yet to be played.
9th March 2006 07:28 AM
Gazza "Dance" simply works better in concert (anyway, it was only played once or twice wasnt it?), is a far superior song and is easier to play. The vocal on "Emotional Rescue" would be quite hard to pull off I would think.

ER is certainly the weakest single the Stones ever released. only Streets of Love comes close.

Its noticeable that they havent played THAT either!
9th March 2006 07:35 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I have now talked with MANY people who will go to see them in Horsens. Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY, could name ten songs from the Stones. Of course it's the first time they play here, but the most albums were also sold in Jutland. It's funny that most people don't know Brown Sugar, but know The Singer Not The Song. OK, it is only one concert I'm talking about, but still. It's very weird doncha think?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)