ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pugs "new beginning"(NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th March 2006 12:35 PM
Starbuck oh, and joseph?......read the review by "josh strapp":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412260/

8th March 2006 01:59 PM
FPM C10 "men with capes need facial hair. its as simple as that."

At LEAST a "soul patch"!

(I used to have a soul patch but Miss Youngblood thinks they are goofy. I point out that Ray Charles and Dizzy Gillespie each had a soul patch, and she points out that they are dead black men. Can't argue with that).
[Edited by FPM C10]
8th March 2006 03:09 PM
Starbuck
quote:
fleabit nibbled:

"I used to have a soul patch but Miss Youngblood thinks they are goofy."

my god!

you are WHIPPED, boy! whipped!

[Edited by Starbuck]
8th March 2006 03:12 PM
Joey

" Steely Dan Man Makes N.Y. Return "

" The last time Steely Dan frontman Donald Fagen performed at New York's Beacon Theater was in 1991 with the "New York Rock and Soul Revue," an informal collective of musicians that included Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald. Tuesday night, some fifteen years later, the singer and keyboardist came home.
While Fagen is promoting his third solo album, Morph the Cat out March 14th, the crowd -- fans armed with briefcases, binoculars and Blackberry handhelds -- was eager for their Steely Dan favorites. And Fagen did not disappoint, performing a varied set list of what he announced would be "three bold [solo] albums and stuff from the Steely Dan files."

Backed by a nine-piece group of ace session musicians, Fagen opened with the obscure Steely Dan tune "Here at the Western World," made livelier thanks to drummer Keith Karlock's lock-step groove. But with Steely Dan cohort Walter Becker absent, Fagan stuck mostly to solo tunes for the first part of the show. Among the highlights were the relaxed cocktail-jazz of "The Nightfly," the futuristic jazz-funk of "New Frontier," and the new numbers "H-Gang" and "Brite Nightgown."

When, midway through, Fagen announced a special guest, Walter Becker would've been a likely guess. But surprisingly, Canadian singer-songwriter Martha Wainwright (sister of Rufus, daughter of Loudon) strolled out onto the stage to perform what Fagen jokingly called a "scary song," her own sultry slow-burner "Year of the Dragon," with Fagen on melodica. The audience, however, couldn't make the leap, and after Wainwright left the stage, a defensive Fagen asked the audience, "What?"

But the mood quickly picked up as the band launched into the perennial Dan favorite "FM." The group stretched the song into a nice groove -- until the bandleader raised his arm to signal the end, a gesture he made to close out nearly every tune.

Throughout his career, Fagen has always preferred the secluded confines of the studio to exhausting tour schedules, but he appeared relaxed and confident with the intimate setting. At the conclusion of the reggae-tinged "The Goodbye Look," from his solo album Kamakiriad, he deadpanned, "We be master-jammin'."

During most of the two-hour concert, the fifty-eight-year old Fagen was exuberant. For the encore, he whipped out the bluesy classic "Pretzel Logic," the oldest Dan tune performed that night. When he crooned "These things are gone forever/Over a long time ago," you could hardly hear him as the baby-boomers jubilantly sang along and clapped their hands. And while the crowd noise never achieved the deafening level of shrieking Beatles fans at Giants Stadium, what more could you expect from this audience? Baby boomers need to get up early for their morning commute.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9448296/steely_dan_man_makes_ny_return?rnd=1141848235232&has-player=false

8th March 2006 03:19 PM
sirmoonie I eat, drink, and smoke whatever I want, whenever I want.
8th March 2006 03:24 PM
nanatod
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Steely Dan Man Makes N.Y. Return "

"At the conclusion of the reggae-tinged "The Goodbye Look," from his solo album Kamakiriad, he deadpanned, "We be master-jammin'."

During most of the two-hour concert, the fifty-eight-year old Fagen was exuberant. For the encore, he whipped out the bluesy classic "Pretzel Logic," the oldest Dan tune performed that night. When he crooned "These things are gone forever/Over a long time ago," you could hardly hear him as the baby-boomers jubilantly sang along and clapped their hands. And while the crowd noise never achieved the deafening level of shrieking Beatles fans at Giants Stadium, what more could you expect from this audience? Baby boomers need to get up early for their morning commute.

Oy vey.

Well, at least I now know what show to miss when it hits Chicago.
8th March 2006 03:28 PM
Joey " Well, at least I now know what show to miss when it hits Chicago. "

[Edited by Joey]
8th March 2006 03:29 PM
Joey " ... are dead black men. Can't argue with that). "

Phil Lynott also is a dead Black Man !

He IS/WAS a Black Man ya know ........

[ Edited by Sass ]

Sassy !

[Edited by Joey]
8th March 2006 03:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I eat, drink, and smoke whatever I want, whenever I want.

Me too! Just withOUT the
8th March 2006 07:47 PM
Scottfree
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are the best!

To show I am serious and working towards this, I am providing before and after pictures. The first one is from the Fenway preparty with Doug and oldkr (the same weight I was at Jan 26, 2006). THe second photo was taken today in my office, 43lbs lighter after a month and a half. The nutritionist, personal trainer, and hands on approach by my physician has been very helpful:

pre health concious choice:

March 8, 2006:

a long way to go ( I estimate about 87 lbs to go), but it will happen baby!

Thanks for the kind words folks! I thank Joey!

That's not a Paris Hilton calendar behind you...WTF???
8th March 2006 08:13 PM
Riffhard Good on ya Puggy! You have inspired me to put down the smokes. Lighten up on the beers. Cut the weed out of my diet,and start eating better!

Oh fuck it! Who am I kidding. But it is a thought. Good going my man!

Riffy
8th March 2006 09:12 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

a long way to go ( I estimate about 87 lbs to go), but it will happen baby!

God love you, pug....and Bless you!!!

Look at you!

Anytime you want to go for a salad, babe...it's my treat!

I'm sooooooooo proud of you
8th March 2006 09:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

That's not a Paris Hilton calendar behind you...WTF???

i gave all my Paris memorabilia to Joey
8th March 2006 10:07 PM
glencar Even her zippers?
8th March 2006 10:38 PM
Scottfree
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Well point being is that I can see the calendar...Keep up the good work slim!
9th March 2006 10:01 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Bless You Puggy !

Jacky Hilton ! ®
9th March 2006 10:27 AM
glencar Will you share or sell it on eBay!?
9th March 2006 11:01 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will you share or sell it on eBay!?

additional photographs, both appropriate and inappropriate of myself have been available on ebay and most local specialty shops for years. I keep the people happy (See making dreams come true). I am sure for a hefty fee, I can provide my motivational speaking seminar to your corporate sponsored event (sack lunch included please, fruit and turkey sandwiches only).
9th March 2006 11:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Go my friend! YOu rock... best wishes
9th March 2006 11:10 AM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Go my friend! YOu rock... best wishes

it is truly sad that we did not get to shake hands and share a drink this tour! Thank you for your unwavering support regardless if it was my old band, personal life, etc. It takes a stand up guy to put aside all the bullshit I cause on this board and seperate my postings from the person behind the keyboard! Salud my friend!
9th March 2006 11:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The tour is not over, I'm sure they will be back in the USA next year a'la No Security, see you there as I have plans to be back in NYC
9th March 2006 12:11 PM
glencar Come to Radio City next week!
9th March 2006 12:23 PM
Scottfree
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

additional photographs, both appropriate and inappropriate of myself have been available on ebay and most local specialty shops for years. I keep the people happy (See making dreams come true). I am sure for a hefty fee, I can provide my motivational speaking seminar to your corporate sponsored event (sack lunch included please, fruit and turkey sandwiches only).

Gluten bread?

What happened to the esteemed enemies list? To busy shucking weight?

I just had a cookie....
[Edited by Scottfree]
9th March 2006 12:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Gluten bread?

What happened to the esteemed enemies list? To busy shucking weight?

I just had a cookie....
[Edited by Scottfree]

I have been asked to keep it private for the time being as tensions have been a little high on the board. NOt to worry, I shall not forget those I despise and their posts shall continue to be dealt with accordingly!

the lack of free time with the newborn and the toddler in the house has also cut down on my free time, I and I shall not release an enemy list until it is accurate and fair (see Richard Nixon)
9th March 2006 03:31 PM
sirmoonie Islamic terrorists don't smoke, they don't drink, I'm not sure what they eat, but I'll bet its in some type of fucking moderation.

I condemn terrorism, btw. Once again, I'm the only one is this thread to do so.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)