ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Dana Reeve Return to archive
7th March 2006 11:06 AM
jb This brave woman , and her late husband, fought courageously to help those stricken by paralysis. What a cruel twist of fate. Hopefully her and Chris are together again ..........
7th March 2006 11:20 AM
Joey " This brave woman , and her late husband, fought courageously to help those stricken by paralysis. What a cruel twist of fate. "

Dana Reeve Dies of Lung Cancer at 44

" WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Dana Reeve, who won worldwide admiration for her devotion to her "Superman" husband, Christopher Reeve, through his decade of near-total paralysis, has died of lung cancer at the age of 44.

Reeve, a singer-actress who gave up some of her own career to be one of the nation's best-known caregivers, died late Monday at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Medical Center, said Kathy Lewis, president of the Christopher Reeve Foundation.

Reeve had succeeded her husband as chair of the foundation, which funded research into spinal-cord paralysis cures. She announced in August that, while she wasn't a smoker, she had been diagnosed with lung cancer.

Lewis visited Reeve in the hospital Friday and said Reeve was "tired but with her typical sense of humor and smile, always trying to make other people feel good, her characteristic personality."

"She was a woman with an incredible heart who really put herself out there to help people with disabilities and especially those who are caregivers -- something she knew a lot about," Lewis said.

Four months ago, at a fundraising gala for the foundation, Reeve looked healthy in a long, formal gown and said she was responding well to treatment and her tumor was shrinking.

"I'm beating the odds and defying every statistic the doctors can throw at me," Reeve said then. "My prognosis looks better all the time."

Asked how she kept her spirits up, Reeve said she "had a great model."

"I was married to a man who never gave up," she said.

Christopher Reeve, star of Hollywood's "Superman" movies, became an activist for spinal cord research after a horse-riding accident paralyzed him in 1995. He died Oct. 10, 2004.

Dana Reeve was a constant companion and supporter of her husband during his long ordeal and his work for a cure for spinal cord injuries.

The couple had a 13-year-old son, Will, and Dana Reeve had two grown stepchildren, Matthew and Alexandra.

Reeve, who lived in Pound Ridge, had appeared on Broadway, off-Broadway and regional stages and on the TV shows "Law & Order," "Oz," and "All My Children."

She was on the board of the Williamstown Theatre Festival in Massachusetts, where she met Christopher Reeve doing summer theater, and the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey.

A year ago, she won a Mother of the Year award from the American Cancer Society. A society vice president, Dr. Michael Thun, said Reeve "has shown strength and courage in the face of tremendous adversity." Doctors say 1 in 5 women diagnosed with the disease never lit a cigarette.

In addition to her son and step-children, she is survived by her father, Dr. Charles Morosini, and sisters Deborah Morosini and Adrienne Morosini Heilman.

No funeral plans were announced. The family said donations could be made in Dana Reeve's memory to the Christopher Reeve Foundation in Short Hills, N.J. "

ss

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,187035,00.html

7th March 2006 11:42 AM
rollmops I remember on the Howard Stern Show and she sounded like a great lady. Funny with lots of substance. I am sure Howard is very sad because one could tell he really dig that woman but not in the usual Stern mode; she was special to him.
7th March 2006 11:47 AM
Factory Girl Terrible News. She was such a great woman. I feel terrible for their son.
7th March 2006 07:05 PM
Gimme Shelter CANCER SUCKS!!!!
7th March 2006 07:58 PM
BILL PERKS IT IS REALLY HORRIBLE ..IT'S A CRUEL FUCKIN LIFE.. CHERISH IT WHILE WE CAN..BOTH HIS PARENTS DEAD AT 13..THERE ARE NO WORDS ..GOOD PEOPLE;LIVED HEALTHY LIVES,HELPED OTHERS..NO SENSE
7th March 2006 08:03 PM
glencar Sad news. RIP Dana...
7th March 2006 08:17 PM
RollingstonesUSA R.I.P. She was truly Superwoman....
7th March 2006 09:19 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
R.I.P. She was truly Superwoman....

Image hosting by Photobucket
7th March 2006 09:45 PM
Poison Dart This is beyond sad.

God bless Mrs Reeve's and her family.
7th March 2006 10:22 PM
Kilroy A Great Strong Woman, she's with superman now. (both of them).
7th March 2006 11:21 PM
Prodigal Son And yet Keith, not to mention Ronnie, is still alive. Not that we'd have it any other way, but that goes to show you fate is cruel and life ain't fair.
8th March 2006 12:35 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
And yet Keith, not to mention Ronnie, is still alive. Not that we'd have it any other way, but that goes to show you fate is cruel and life ain't fair.

____

Man, you got that right. How some of us are still kicking about while others are taken from this place just doesn't make sense...
8th March 2006 06:51 AM
corgi37 I couldnt believe it. After all she's been through. Very sad. I feel for the kid (kids?) so much.

A very brave and loyal lady. And, a brave family too.

And, you know who i really admire? People like Robin Williams, who never forgot a mate, and helped pay alot of their bills over the years.
8th March 2006 06:55 AM
Break The Spell Amazing how she died of cancer at such a young age yet never even smoked. She also said she lived a lot of time out in the country and never was exposed to many second hand smokers. Sometimes its sad the cards you're dealt.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
8th March 2006 05:26 PM
kath incredibly brave, strong woman. truly inspirational. makes some of us cynics think about the ain't no justice" mantra......

you and chris are flying together now....fly on...fly on....
8th March 2006 05:44 PM
nankerphelge I was always amazed by her loyalty.

I think she had a better place to be....

8th March 2006 05:47 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I was always amazed by her loyalty.

I think she had a better place to be....

I would like to caress your kneecaps for being so caring .
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)