ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger on Jon Stewart and the Internet Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
6th March 2006 02:26 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
It wasn't snubbed, you retard.

It wasn't released in time to be eligible for this years awards.

You can rest assured that it will get all sorts of nominations next year.

Then howe did that fat ass win for Capote?

That was released about 3 hours ago?

Has anyone actually seen any movie that was nominated?
[Edited by telecaster]
6th March 2006 02:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot Guess I'm a retard too. Still, Munich was NOT snubbed....

Munich got 11 Oscar nominations in 2006 and won 1.

Capote was released on 9/30/2006....Capote's birthday.
6th March 2006 02:44 PM
Joey " Has anyone actually seen any movie that was nominated? "

Yes , Munich !!!!

6th March 2006 02:53 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Guess I'm a retard too. Still, Munich was NOT snubbed....

Remember when Capote went on the '72 tour?

I do

And Keith poured ketchup all over his hotel door

6th March 2006 02:57 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
It wasn't snubbed, you retard.

It wasn't released in time to be eligible for this years awards.

You can rest assured that it will get all sorts of nominations next year.

Thanks SS>.........................................(see Armegedon re: pictures)
6th March 2006 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Remember when Capote went on the '72 tour?

I do

And Keith poured ketchup all over his hotel door

6th March 2006 03:11 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. I would've liked Good Night, and Good Luck to have won if only because it was in black and white. I would like nothing more than black and white cinematography to make a mainstream return in the movie industry.

I liked the tribute to film noir (but it was uncomfortable watching Lauren Bacall fuck up big time). Stewart's comment was funny: "Those films were all great, but just imagine how much better they would be in color."
6th March 2006 03:14 PM
jb Did "Freejack" get a lifetime achievement award?
6th March 2006 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Did "Freejack" get a lifetime achievement award?

No! Sadly, no matter how many letters joey wrote..he was ignored yet again on this one! He calls it the "The only movie ever released that is on the same level as One Night in Paris"

But I find it very hard to beleive that Capote was released on 9/30/06 as the honorable SS says
6th March 2006 03:31 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
F#cked Up Pussy Abdomin????

I dont know... been trying to figure this one out....

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Where I come from it's known simply as a FUP, ie. "fat upper pussy"

Not to be confused with "Fuck Y'up"

6th March 2006 03:34 PM
Saint Sway thanks for the definition Doo Doo Dude.

I stand by my statement that girls with Fat Upper Pussy are below Mick's standards. He should never be seen in public with one.
6th March 2006 03:42 PM
nanatod "But I find it very hard to beleive that Capote was released on 9/30/06 as the honorable SS says"

It may or may not have been released on 9/30 in New York or LA. It didn't hit theaters in the Midwest, voodoopub, until 10/21/05, the date of Ebert's Sun-Times review.

[Edited by nanatod]
[Edited by nanatod]
6th March 2006 04:48 PM
Angiegirl SS is way ahead, he lives in 2007 already man! cool.
6th March 2006 05:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
SS is way ahead, he lives in 2007 already man! cool.

that was the point I was after! My wife seen this movie and said it was very good.
6th March 2006 06:01 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Guess I'm a retard too. Still, Munich was NOT snubbed....

Actually, Munich received only 5 Oscar nominations and was shut out not winning anything.

I saw four of the five nominated films for best picture (Crash; Good Night, Good Luck; Capote; and Munich) and liked them all. Thought all four were really good movies. All were deserving of their nominations in my opinion. However, the best movie I saw last year wasn't even nominated: A History of Violence.

6th March 2006 08:19 PM
Joey
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Actually, Munich received only 5 Oscar nominations and was shut out not winning anything.

I saw four of the five nominated films for best picture (Crash; Good Night, Good Luck; Capote; and Munich) and liked them all. Thought all four were really good movies. All were deserving of their nominations in my opinion. However, the best movie I saw last year wasn't even nominated: A History of Violence.

Throughout History , the movie that wins the Academy Award for best picture reflects the social mood of the country ......if " Crash " is THAT movie .... then " Look Out " United States ( Hah !! ) of America

" The Warning signs are Everywhere Ronnie "

Flacky ! ®

[ Edited by Ronnie ]
[Edited by Joey]
6th March 2006 11:58 PM
gorda
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Isn t it the gorgeous Terry Hatcher in the back??

[Edited by Jumacfly]

Yes that is Terri Hatcher. She was at one of the San Francisco shows in November! I didn't see her though.
7th March 2006 12:10 AM
gorda
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
she looks pregnant. Check out her belly.

L'Wren is not pregnant! Puh-leeze! I have been around lots of pregnant women, co-workers, cousins, friends, lots of pregnant women! I have been to lots and lots of baby showers!

When a women is pregnant, everything about her changes! Not just her belly! Her face! Her breasts! (Her breasts especially! They get full of milk!) Her feet! Especially, the ankles get all swollen! And even the hands! (The fingers get all swollen! Most pregnant women take off their wedding ring, because it is too uncomfortable!)

L'Wren does not look pregnant at all! How could she be pregnant! She's too skinny! There's not an ounce of fat on her! Pregnant women get fat! Everywhere!

L'Wren's ankles are too boney for her to be pregnant. Have you ever seen a pregnant woman's ankles? For some reason, they get all swollen! That is why most doctor's recommend that they elevate them!
Even thin women get swollen ankles!
7th March 2006 12:13 AM
gorda Here!

Look at her boney ankles!

Those are not the ankles of a pregnant woman!

7th March 2006 02:11 AM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I saw "Walk The Line". It was OK. It didn't completely suck. Then again, it wasn't great, and it didn't blow me away. I can't see myself bothering to watch it again.

I thought the actors did as well as can be expected with the music. But they sure as shit weren't anywhere near as good as Johnny and June. To be fair, I don't think any pair of actors could be that good. And therein lies the problem with these sorts of movies.

I didn't see that the acting was all that great. Passable, but nothing outstanding. Reese was better than Jaoquin, certainly. Jaoquin approached Dennis Quiad ridiculousness(think Great Balls Of Fire)in several scenes. Reese was much better. But an OSCAR? Really? It must have been a very weak year in the female lead category if Reese was the best. Or has the award just deflated that much?

Crash is on my Netflix list...guess maybe I should bump that one up a bit. Anyone see Capote? I skipped it in the theatre, since it didn't look like a big screen must see. When is the DVD release?

Thanks. That's exactly how I felt about "Walk the Line."
I think "Crash" is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. I think it's aimed at people who haven't been exposed to all different races and racial diversity. I grew up and attended school outside of an army base, and have been exposed to different races my entire life. So nothing in this movie was new or shocking to me at all. I suppose people who live in predominately white communities may get something out of the stupid movie.
7th March 2006 02:17 AM
gypsy
quote:
gorda wrote:
Here!

Look at her boney ankles!

Those are not the ankles of a pregnant woman!

She probably just had to take a hellacious dump.
[Edited by gypsy]
7th March 2006 01:34 PM
Joey " She probably just had to take a hellacious dump. "

**** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *************
7th March 2006 09:20 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown It could be the way she is standing. If she would straighten up her Pussy Belly
might disappear.
7th March 2006 09:58 PM
MrPleasant After the clip about very important moments in occidental history (farted by Hollywood), Stewart said something like: "and those problems were solved forever".

R. Altman's speech disappointed me. Maybe it's true that the biggest brains are just arrogant, unfriendly assholes. Like Chaplin or Mario Moreno 'Cantinflas', who, apparently, were totally unbearable human beings (unlike Robert Camus, who was treated kindly by non other than Truman Capote, in one of his writings). But, then again, all PROFESSIONAL politicians are illiterate turds, so maybe I'm wrong.

It was nice seing William Hurt laughing. Being drunk is interesting. Alcoholics should try it sometime.
7th March 2006 10:34 PM
glencar Cantinflas was unbearable? I saw him on an old "What's MY Line?" & he put on a good face. He must have been "on" in that showbiz way.
7th March 2006 10:38 PM
Freejack
I thought Crash was a terrible film. It reminded me of a after school special shot in 1991 ( expcept with a little more swearing.)

It's hard being a Pimp.
7th March 2006 10:40 PM
glencar I liked it but I live in an almost totally white area. And it had to have been better than that Good Night & Good Luck. BORING!
7th March 2006 11:49 PM
monkey_man "For those keeping score at home 36 Mafia, 1 oscar, Martin Scorsese 0!". . . .Jon Stewart

So sad!
8th March 2006 12:24 AM
gypsy
quote:
Freejack wrote:

I thought Crash was a terrible film. It reminded me of a after school special shot in 1991 ( expcept with a little more swearing.)

It's hard being a Pimp.

Thanks. I thought I was the only one who disliked this film, and thought that anyone who was moved by it definitely has not been exposed to different cultures, racism, etc...

Oh, God, and that God-awful "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" winning an Oscar was nauseating.
8th March 2006 12:30 AM
Bloozehound hollywood is nauseating
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)