ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger on Jon Stewart and the Internet Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
6th March 2006 06:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Oscar Watch: Mick Jagger on Jon Stewart and the Internet

Mick Jagger on Jon Stewart: "Very different in tone. No broad comedy... being himself.... effortless... relaxed. I really like him."

And Mick Jagger on the Internet: The problem is, I spend more time on line than on my guitar."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/oscar-watch-mick-jagger-_b_16826.html
6th March 2006 06:15 AM
Break The Spell It would be nice to see them play on a show like Stewart's.
6th March 2006 07:35 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
It would be nice to see them play on a show like Stewart's.

Yeah, it would be great to have Mick hosting the Oscar! A lot of nice remarks, and he could kiss Charlize Theron and Nicole Kidman.
6th March 2006 07:43 AM
Jumacfly my sweet Reese Whiterspoon got it!!
congrats baby, you really deserve it and I love you
6th March 2006 07:53 AM
LadyJane Mick and L'Wren were hitting the parties.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
6th March 2006 07:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

this chick got the ugliest legs of Hollywood.
and tall feet.yuk!!
Mick is so class!
Isn t it the gorgeous Terry Hatcher in the back??

[Edited by Jumacfly]
6th March 2006 08:00 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
my sweet Reese Whiterspoon got it!!
congrats baby, you really deserve it and I love you

Love her too, Ju!! So glad she won!!!

LJ.
6th March 2006 08:02 AM
LadyJane Here's another one for ya, Ju:

LJ.
6th March 2006 08:04 AM
Factory Girl I like Reese also!

I think Mick should do Terri Hatcher. I believe she is open to offers.
6th March 2006 08:10 AM
Jumacfly Thanks a lot LJ!!
you made my afternoon!
When Reese sings "Jackson" perfectly she gives me thrills.
and Terry is perfect in "Desperate".
I really love America
6th March 2006 09:33 AM
Ihavelotsajam L'Wren looks nice in that pic.
6th March 2006 10:02 AM
glencar I just watched my tape of the Oscars. Stewart was pretty funny but I hated seeing Crash get best picture & best screenplay but nothing else. What about Matt Dillon for best supporting actor? Surely he was better than Clooney?!?
6th March 2006 10:31 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I think Mick should do Terri Hatcher. I believe she is open to offers.

He can't, or her 'skin' would fall off.

I couldn't watch the Oscars, they weren't broadcast in Holland (AGAIN!!! Argh, I hate Dutch TV), the TV rights are too expensive for a show that's shown from 2am-6am over here.

I did however manage to watch the first half hour online thru some Turkish TV stream, but it was buffering all the time. And so I heard George Clooney's acceptance speech in Turkish...

I haven't seen any of the Oscar movies yet, as movies hit our theaters months and months later than in the US. But I like the fact that the oscars were distributed well among the films. And from what I've seen, Reese and Philip are perfect winners.
6th March 2006 10:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot I saw "Walk The Line". It was OK. It didn't completely suck. Then again, it wasn't great, and it didn't blow me away. I can't see myself bothering to watch it again.

I thought the actors did as well as can be expected with the music. But they sure as shit weren't anywhere near as good as Johnny and June. To be fair, I don't think any pair of actors could be that good. And therein lies the problem with these sorts of movies.

I didn't see that the acting was all that great. Passable, but nothing outstanding. Reese was better than Jaoquin, certainly. Jaoquin approached Dennis Quiad ridiculousness(think Great Balls Of Fire)in several scenes. Reese was much better. But an OSCAR? Really? It must have been a very weak year in the female lead category if Reese was the best. Or has the award just deflated that much?

Crash is on my Netflix list...guess maybe I should bump that one up a bit. Anyone see Capote? I skipped it in the theatre, since it didn't look like a big screen must see. When is the DVD release?
6th March 2006 10:45 AM
Joey

" Munich " was fantastic !!!!

We ( The Jews ) took care of all unfinished business in THAT one . Word !

6th March 2006 11:14 AM
gotdablouse Interestingly enough I listened to the Cash/Carter originals of Jackson for instance after watching the movie and actually preferred the movie versions ! Yep.

The concert scenes in that movie are great, shot from the stage and backstage as they are, and wow the beginning of "That's allright Mama", feels like being there !
6th March 2006 11:38 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Interestingly enough I listened to the Cash/Carter originals of Jackson for instance after watching the movie and actually preferred the movie versions ! Yep.

The concert scenes in that movie are great, shot from the stage and backstage as they are, and wow the beginning of "That's allright Mama", feels like being there !

I know the feeling. When I first heard that Phoenix / Witherspoon would be doing their own singing for the movie I was a bit nervous. For me, it actually turned out to be one of the highlights of that movie.
6th March 2006 11:43 AM
glencar Crash was the only Best Picture nominee that I saw in the theater & it was definitely my pick to win.
6th March 2006 12:12 PM
Saint Sway she looks pregnant. Check out her belly.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:

6th March 2006 12:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot >When I first heard that Phoenix / Witherspoon would be doing their own singing for the movie I was a bit nervous. For me, it actually turned out to be one of the highlights of that movie.<

OK, now, how much of that was the sense of relief that the actors didn't totally suck at doing the songs and exceeded your low expectations...and how much of it is that you actually thought that they were really "good".

To each his own I guess, but no one will ever convince me that the Pheonix/Witherspoon version of ANY of those songs are better than the originals. You simply can't improve upon perfection....IMO.

I have to admit that I don't really go to the movie theatres to see many movies anymore...mainly just for big epic action/adventure type flicks that would benefit from the big screen. Things like Walk the Line, Capote, Crash...flicks that don't really need to be huge to enjoy...I just wait for the DVD and watch at home.
6th March 2006 12:23 PM
glencar The silliest thing was when they ran a montage of "epics that should be seen on the 'big screen'" ... on the SMALL screen! I'd say that Joaquin Phoenix didn't like Stewart's joke about how "Walk The Line" was a remake of "Ray" with white peeps.
6th March 2006 12:26 PM
stonezone9 I dont think L'ren is anything special. Pretty, tall and thin but as far as models go, she is ordinary.
Now the 18 year old gal, she was HOT
6th March 2006 12:29 PM
Saint Sway I really hope she is pregnant and that she isnt just sporting pussy belly.

Mick should not date a girl with pussy belly.

all the young girls in his stable need to maintain flat stomachs.
6th March 2006 01:08 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I really hope she is pregnant and that she isnt just sporting pussy belly.

Mick should not date a girl with pussy belly.

all the young girls in his stable need to maintain flat stomachs.

The precise anatomical term for such paunches is FUPA.
6th March 2006 01:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The precise anatomical term for such paunches is FUPA.

FUPA??
6th March 2006 01:48 PM
Joey " The precise anatomical term for such paunches is FUPA. "

******** WTF ?!?! **********

***** You make Joey say , Huh ?!?! ******

******** BLANK STARE **********

***** END TRANSMISSION *****
6th March 2006 01:50 PM
Saint Sway F#cked Up Pussy Abdomin????

I dont know... been trying to figure this one out....

[Edited by Saint Sway]
6th March 2006 02:12 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Munich " was fantastic !!!!

We ( The Jews ) took care of all unfinished business in THAT one . Word !

Agreed...............why were were snubbed??? I thought Hollywood was controlled by us!!!!!!!!!
6th March 2006 02:14 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed...............why were were snubbed??? I thought Hollywood was controlled by us!!!!!!!!!

Nine !

It is controlled by the gays .....

.....fade to white ..... like an angel
6th March 2006 02:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot It wasn't snubbed, you retard.

It wasn't released in time to be eligible for this years awards.

You can rest assured that it will get all sorts of nominations next year.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)