ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Woody and Fiends
Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London - March 13, 2005
Courtesy of Dave M. Bennett/Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ozzy has Sympathy for the Devil and will release it March 21 (Europe) and 22 (America) Return to archive
March 8th, 2005 02:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As mentioned here last October Ozzy recorded some covers and finally they will see the light of day this month

I already listened the first single from this box set: Mountain's "Mississippi Queen" and sounds great!

This article is for the USA, for the UK it will be March 21 instead

Ozzy Osbourne's 'Prince Of Darkness' Box Set To Be Released March 22

LOS ANGELES (Epic Records) - OZZY OSBOURNE's box set--now titled PRINCE OF DARKNESS - is confirmed to arrive March 22 on Epic Records. A testament to the iconic rocker's 25-year solo career, the four-CD, 51-song set chronicles OZZY's biggest hits and most memorable collaborations while including a separate disc with 10 newly recorded versions of his favorite songs by other artists, including the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil," Mountain's "Mississippi Queen" and Mott The Hoople's David Bowie-penned "All The Young Dudes." The PRINCE OF DARKNESS will arrive in a weathered, collectable gothic book with new hallowed images of OZZY taken by famed British photographer/artist Sam Taylor Wood. It will be packaged with a 60-page booklet with a career overview and rare OZZY photos.

The first two PRINCE OF DARKNESS discs will encompass re-mastered versions of the Grammy Award-winning artist's most popular solo smashes, with "Crazy Train," "Mr. Crowley," "Diary Of A Madman," "Crazy Babies" and "No More Tears." In addition, the discs will resurrect epic live performances ("Bark At The Moon," "Flying High Again," "Suicide Solution") and rare demos ("Mama, I'm Coming Home," "I Don't Want To Change The World," "See You On The Other Side").

Titled Oddities and Duets, the third disc is comprised of some of OZZY's most unusual collaborations, such as "For Heaven's Sake" with the Wu-Tang Clan, "Born To Be Wild" with Miss Piggy and "Nowhere To Run (Vapor Trail)" with the Crystal Method, DMX, and 'Ol Dirty Bastard.

For the set's special fourth disc Under Covers, OZZY went into the studio recently to record covers of the songs he covets most, including: "In My Life" (the Beatles), "21st Century Schizoid Man" (King Crimson) and "For What It's Worth" (Buffalo Springfield). Keeping with his tradition of working with only the finest rock guitarists, OZZY was joined by Jerry Cantrell, Robert Randolph and Leslie West.

OZZY OSBOURNE's PRINCE OF DARKNESS track list:
DISC 1
1. I DON'T KNOW (live)
2. MR. CROWLEY
3. CRAZY TRAIN
4. GOODBYE TO ROMANCE (live)
5. SUICIDE SOLUTION (live)
6. OVER THE MOUNTAIN
7. FLYING HIGH AGAIN (live)
8. YOU CAN'T KILL ROCK AND ROLL
9. DIARY OF A MADMAN
10. BARK AT THE MOON (live, B-side)
11. SPIDERS (B-side)
12. ROCK AND ROLL REBEL
13. YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT

DISC 2
1. ULTIMATE SIN (live)
2. NEVER KNOW WHY (live)
3. THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB (live)
4. CRAZY BABIES
5. BREAKIN' ALL THE RULES
6. I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD (demo)
7. MAMA, I'M COMING HOME (demo)
8. DESIRE (demo)
9. NO MORE TEARS
10. WON'T BE COMING HOME (S.I.N.) (demo)
11. PERRY MASON (live)
12. SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE*
13. WALK ON WATER*
14. GETS ME THROUGH (live)
15. BANG BANG*
16. DREAMER

* Previously Unreleased

SELECTIONS FROM DISC 3
1. IRON MAN (with Therapy)
2. N.I.B. (with PRIMUS)
3. PURPLE HAZE (with Zakk Wylde, Randy Castillo, Geezer Butler)
4. PICTURES OF MATCHSTICK MEN (with Type O Negative)
5. SHAKE YOUR HEAD (LET'S GO TO BED) (with Was Not Was)
6. BORN TO BE WILD (with Miss Piggy)
7. NOWHERE TO RUN (VAPOR TRAIL) (with Crystal Method, Dmx, 'Ol Dirty Bastard & Fuzzbuble)
8. PSYCHO MAN (Black Sabbath)
9. FOR HEAVENS SAKE 2000 (with Tony Iommi & Wu-Tang Clan)
10. I AIN'T NO NICE GUY (with Motorhead)
11. THERAPY (with Infectious Grooves)
12. DOG, THE BOUNTY HUNTER (A&E series theme song)

DISC 4
1. 21ST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN (originally recorded by King Crimson)
2. MISSISSIPPI QUEEN (originally recorded by Mountain)
3. ALL THE YOUNG DUDES (originally recorded by Mott the Hoople)
4. IN MY LIFE (originally recorded by the Beatles)
5. FIRE (originally recorded by Arthur Brown)
6. FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH (originally recorded by Buffalo Springfield)
7. SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL (originally recorded by the Rolling Stones)
8. WORKING CLASS HERO (originally recorded by John Lennon)
9. GOOD TIMES (originally recorded by Eric Burdon)
10. CHANGES (with KELLY OSBOURNE) (originally recorded by Black Sabbath)

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
March 8th, 2005 02:36 PM
voodoopug 6. BORN TO BE WILD (with Miss Piggy)

i dont ever want to hear anyone say that the stones have ruined their legacy. The fucking prince of darkness singing with Miss Piggy........this should only happen in bizzarro world
March 8th, 2005 06:57 PM
Soldatti Four CD's?
I only can stand 2-3 Ozzy's tunes in a row...
March 8th, 2005 09:27 PM
crb69 MISSISSIPPI QUEEN IS COOL...I read Leslie West plays on it & now jams the tune harder this way with his own band.

I still think the box set should have been called:

"Prince of Darfness"

-taken from the Osbournes episode where Sharon shows Ozzy the new bubble-blowing machine prop for one of his stage shows. Ozzy objects saying, "I'm the f'n Prince of Darfness, you can't blow f'n bubbles on stage!...What's f'n wrong with you?"

classic
March 8th, 2005 09:58 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Wasn't he supposed to include his version of Staying Alive recorded with Dweezil Zappa?

Also has anyone heard his "dance re-mix" of Crazy Train with the then unknown Madonna?
March 9th, 2005 05:46 AM
crb69 Stayling Alive is going to be included. I don't see it listed above...
March 9th, 2005 05:59 AM
Jumacfly I hate this guy...what a jerk!
March 9th, 2005 07:35 AM
Monkeytonkman Ozzy has had something of a renaisance of popularity since the TV show, but to be honest he is a bit shabby on stage now isn't he?

Personally I reckon the best thing that ever happened to Black Sabbath was getting rid of Ozzy and getting Dio on Vocals - that bloke can really belt 'em out! I also reckon every singer sabbath have had are better singers than Ozzy! I even liked the 'Born Again' album with Gillan singing on it!

Not only that but some of Ozzy's solo stuff wasn't bad - so rather than having just one Black Sabbath putting out music, you had then plus solo Ozzy records - so you can please yourself as to what you liked and were into.

This isn't a popular view with all of my fellow rock music loving china's, but I stand by my convictions.

March 9th, 2005 03:18 PM
StonesChick Ozzy needs help. Did anyone see any of that reality tv show if his? Horrendous.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood