ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Woody and Fiends
Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London - March 13, 2005
Courtesy of Dave M. Bennett/Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Darryl Jones on Chicago radio tonight Return to archive
March 8th, 2005 11:28 AM
twicks1 He's going to be one of the guests on "Sound Opinions," a music talk show on 93.1 WXRT at 10 pm. One of you Chicago Stones fans should listen in and report back on what he says re: the new album and tour.

They also take calls during the show: (713) 777-8882.
[Edited by twicks1]
March 8th, 2005 12:19 PM
parmeda
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
One of you Chicago Stones fans should listen in and report back on what he says re: the new album and tour.

I had a head's up already, but thanks for the reminder.
I'll be tuning in on it. WXRT is a great station...

I also heard that Mr. Jones was taking part of a bassist's concert that was, or is being held this week (someplace locally)...I'm sure he'll be chatting about that as well.
March 8th, 2005 12:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
He's going to be one of the guests on "Sound Opinions," a music talk show on 93.1 WXRT at 10 pm. One of you Chicago Stones fans should listen in and report back on what he says re: the new album and tour.

They also take calls during the show: (713) 777-8882.
[Edited by twicks1]

Good idea...
March 8th, 2005 12:29 PM
parmeda Do you think it would be helpful if I posted this link, lol

http://www.wxrt.com/program/detail/sound_opinions.html

You guys aren't morons...navigate yourselves to the live audio feed and take a listen for yourself later on, no?
March 8th, 2005 12:33 PM
Fiji Joe Thanks Pam...you made my night
March 8th, 2005 12:36 PM
parmeda Just by posting a link, Feej?

...damn, I could do better than that!
March 8th, 2005 01:54 PM
Fiji Joe I'm easy...real easy
March 8th, 2005 04:31 PM
luxury1 Ok Pam, we will be awaiting some words from you............
March 9th, 2005 12:53 AM
parmeda Okay Lux, here's what happened.

Darryl didn't bite...

One of the first things asked to him was, "We hear talk of an album release followed by a fall tour...can you tell us anything about that?"

Darryl answered (laughing), "Unfortunately, no."

He was then asked to clarify, as in, " 'no', you don't know anything...or, 'no' as in you're afraid you'll get shot at if you talk..."

Darryl laughed it all off (never answering either option, mind you) and went on to say "I know that [they] have been together working out some songs"...and said, "I'm just waiting for the call...(chuckling)".

The entire Darryl segment lasted almost 25 minutes...mainly focussing on his career with Miles Davis and how that relationship brought him to be where he is today, playing the bass for the Rolling Stones. He had a few stories, nothing that really knocked me out of my chair, but none-the-less it was a good interview to listen to.

I'm pretty sure that you can go back to that site, possibly tomorrow, and get audio feeds from each segment....look in it's archives. It's worth lending an ear to.
March 9th, 2005 06:46 AM
luxury1 THanks Pam!!

It must get so tiresome to try to speak of your own career, and get asked endless questions about the Stones. But, hey, one sure cant complain about the paycheck! (at least that was what Lisa F told me when she said she is opera trained, but singing with the Stones is not only much more fun, but the pay is WAAAAAAAAAAAy better.)

Still, optimistic news I'd say.......
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood