ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Woody and Fiends
Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London - March 13, 2005
Courtesy of Dave M. Bennett/Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wiltern extras on Four Flicks Return to archive
March 3rd, 2005 09:36 PM
Mel Belli Why didn't they just release that show, in its entirety, on CD? It's better than anything else on FF, and CYHMK and Beast of Burden (both from Wiltern, correct?) are the best things on Live Licks.

Why must the Stones' official live releases always be patchwork jobs?
March 3rd, 2005 09:59 PM
Soldatti Speaking about Four Flicks, how many easter eggs are on it?
I only get four: 2 on DVD 1, 1 on DVD 3 and 1 on DVD 4.
[Edited by Soldatti]
March 4th, 2005 06:00 AM
egon yeah i checked it with dvd shrink and there's not much on it.

March 4th, 2005 07:47 AM
Gazza You Dont Have To Mean It (from the Wiltern, I think) is pretty shit-hot too!
March 4th, 2005 08:16 AM
Monkeytonkman Easter Eggs on Four Flicks?

Can someone tell me what they are and how to access them please, pretty please with a cherry on top!
March 4th, 2005 08:17 AM
Jumacfly you got an extra at the end of the olympia show..
March 4th, 2005 10:16 AM
glencar
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
Easter Eggs on Four Flicks?

Can someone tell me what they are and how to access them please, pretty please with a cherry on top!

Yes, someone do this please. Easter is nearly upon us.
March 4th, 2005 10:29 AM
Soldatti
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
Easter Eggs on Four Flicks?

Disc 1
- While on the main menu, press the Up button of your remote control on Extras and you'll discover Keith telling the story of Tumbling Dice.
- Watch the Bootleg section using the "play all" option. Instead of clicking main menu afterwards, use the menu button of your remote control, and you'll see Mick and Elizabeth at the Wiltern before the show.

Disk 3
- In Twickenham introductions, when Mick put his hat press Enter button and you can see Charlie talking with guitar technical assistant

Disc 4
- Let the whole credits roll after the show, wait for the legal annoucement, and you'll see and hear Ronnie and Jo backstage at the Olympia during the band introduction.

I also heard about another one on Monkey Man select a stone (Disk 1), but I'm not sure. You need to press the button that allows you to skip through scenes and you will stumble across Keith talking about the song. It never worked on my DVD...

The running time according to the cover is 9hs and 5 minutes. I did this count:
All the shows + all the backstage + all extras + all comentaries + eggs + select a stone (3:44 x 5 / 3:34 x 5) + ending credits = 8hs and 50 minutes.
There are (maybe) another 15 minutes of hidden stuff.
[Edited by Soldatti]
March 7th, 2005 11:08 AM
Monkeytonkman Soldatti,

Cheers dude, just got back to work today and read your handy tips, gonna try these bad boys out when I get back to my pad later.

Once again, ta very much mate!
March 8th, 2005 08:53 AM
mac_daddy nice work, soldatti.
March 8th, 2005 06:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I also heard about another one on Monkey Man select a stone (Disk 1), but I'm not sure. You need to press the button that allows you to skip through scenes and you will stumble across Keith talking about the song. It never worked on my DVD...

It worked yesterday by first time!
No much, a 30 seconds clip with Keith talking about the riff and the piano.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood