ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Woody and Fiends
Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London - March 13, 2005
Courtesy of Dave M. Bennett/Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan on Letterman This Thursday (3/3) (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 4th, 2005 11:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

and those supper club shows are great!

they are indeed. Ten times better than the "Unplugged" shows a year later, which replaced the abandoned "Supper Club" project filmed for TV
March 5th, 2005 06:06 AM
mac_daddy i pulled a "complete supper club" set down from stg or ezt a year, or so, ago - it is pretty damn sweet. dont remember unplugged - you mean the mtv gig?

like i said, i really hope these long stands in some of the cities are like that next month...
March 5th, 2005 07:37 AM
Gazza yes...Bob filmed two shows in New York exactly a year later, which were edited down for the MTV "Unplugged" special.
March 5th, 2005 10:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot That Unplugged show has been out on DVD for a while now. It has some extra songs on it that weren't on the original airing. It's also in Dolby 5.1. Highly recommended.

The upgraded supper club shows that were tree'd out on Dylantree a year or so ago are really outstanding. I don't know if that is what you have Mac D, but they are really worth having.

Is Dylantree dead? They haven't done a tree in forever.
March 5th, 2005 10:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

The upgraded supper club shows that were tree'd out on Dylantree a year or so ago are really outstanding. I don't know if that is what you have Mac D, but they are really worth having.

yup - that's the one.

quote:
ss also asked:

for the past two years some of the heavies have been seeding those things out via bit torrent on stg and now ezt. it has slowed down a bit, but there was a while when marcel and some of those guys were hosting several quality dylan gigs a week - i have harddrives filled with the stuff...

that is the way to get stuff out fast (and kinda what i hoped we couldget flying here) - bt distro to all branches, and then to CD for the leaves after that. that way, no unnecessary dae, fast turnaround, and less chances for errors....
March 5th, 2005 10:53 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Think so. The vine board (both Dylan and non-Dylan) have been hopin' in the last few months, though! I'd imagine in the next couple months (especially with next next leg starting up on Monday) the '93 pre-boards will really start coming out...

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
March 5th, 2005 11:04 PM
Brainbell Jangler Any good lawyers? I dunno.
Mohandhas Gandhi, maybe?
Abe Lincoln?
Ralph Nader (once upon a time)?
Thurgood Marshall?
The blokes who got Mick and Keith out of jail?
Or kept Keith out of a Canadian prison?
Gerry Spence?
Me?
Nope, sorry, can't think of any.
March 6th, 2005 12:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot I know it was a cheap shot BJ, but someone had to do it.

Oddly enough, some of my best pals are lawyers.

March 8th, 2005 07:23 AM
Gazza Bob's new look band played their first show together in Seattle last night (the only missing member is Larry Campbell - Stu Kimball is still on guitar, now joined by 3 new members -

Denny Freeman - guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, mandolin, pedal steel
Elana Fremerman - violin

Bob is still on piano. The rhythm section is still Tony Garnier and George Recile.

A recording of the opening night,as of 2 hours ago, has now been uploaded on EZT already!

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=31493&hit=1

Just wait for the Stones tour, folks. You wont be waiting too long to get shows anymore!

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood