ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
BC Stadium, Vancouver, November 25, 2006
© The Province with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: All stories in Wood’s book are not true: Richards Return to archive
5th March 2008 07:17 AM
moy All stories in Wood’s book are not true: Richards
March 5th, 2008 - 1:22 pm ICT by admin

London, March 5 (IANS) Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is saying that his band mate Ronnie Wood is only right about half of the stories he has written in his book “Ronnie”. Richards, who was amused by stories in the book, particularly disagreed with one story where Wood threatened him with a firearm, contactmusic.com reports.

Richards said: “It’s about 50 percent off. I read some of the serialisation of Wood’s book in the papers last year. It stands up, but not very well, against former band mate Bill Wyman’s book.

“I don’t want to listen to that c**p. Ronnie is a big mouth. I love him dearly, but he’s a flip-flap. I mean, I can never remember Ronnie pulling a gun on me. Some of these stories were so out of the picture that I just gave up and laughed.”
5th March 2008 07:27 AM
Gazza Keith accusing a fellow band member of making up stories about their past for dramatic media effect?

Now THAT's irony!
5th March 2008 07:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Could Woody have been under the influence of mind altering substances?
5th March 2008 07:43 AM
luxury1 I am sure in Keith's autobiography all stories will be 100% accurate, with no embellishment of details...

By the way, I found Woody's book to be laugh-out-loud funny-- poetic liscense be damned....
5th March 2008 07:43 AM
guitarman53 I'm almost finished of reading "Ronnie" the major thing that doesn't ring true is Peter Grant (manager of Jeff Beck Group, then Led Zep) asking him to be the guitarist in a new group that at the time calling themselves The New Yardbirds, so he went to the office & met Plant, John Paul Jones & Bonham, he turned it down, then they got Jimmy Page as the guitarist, everybody knows it was Page who formed the group, he was the last member of the Yardbirds left, so this, along with date mix-ups, are mistakes, but all in all, it's a real enjoyable read, who didn't Ronnie know, he knew just about everybody.
Isn't Keith suppose to be writing a book?
5th March 2008 07:47 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Isn't Keith suppose to be writing a book?

Possibly a documentary, too.
5th March 2008 09:10 AM
Mr Jurkka What? Are these stories supposed to be true?
5th March 2008 09:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
What? Are these stories supposed to be true?

LOL.

Ransom Stoddard: You're not going to use the story, Mr. Scott?
Maxwell Scott: No, sir. This is the west, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.
5th March 2008 09:23 AM
glencar Well, yeah, supposed to be true.
5th March 2008 10:04 AM
andrews27
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

LOL.

Ransom Stoddard: You're not going to use the story, Mr. Scott?
Maxwell Scott: No, sir. This is the west, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

Nothing's too good for the man who shot Liberty Valance!
But what about the guy who shot Jack Palance?
5th March 2008 10:20 AM
Lazy Bones sure. next, we'll hear it was a sycamore tree...
5th March 2008 10:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
But what about the guy who shot Jack Palance?

Well.....he got the girl.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
5th March 2008 10:29 AM
The Wick
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Keith accusing a fellow band member of making up stories about their past for dramatic media effect?

Now THAT's irony!

Something about being locked in a room by Andrew Oldham comes to mind. Oh yeah, except Keith changes the song that he and Mick came up with from the Last Time to As Tears Go By depending on which one he remembers.
5th March 2008 11:23 AM
Ade
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I am sure in Keith's autobiography all stories will be 100% accurate, with no embellishment of details...

By the way, I found Woody's book to be laugh-out-loud funny-- poetic liscense be damned....

it was a very disappointing read.
5th March 2008 04:37 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Keith accusing a fellow band member of making up stories about their past for dramatic media effect?

Now THAT's irony!

ha....
and he doesn't even see it...
classic keith.
5th March 2008 05:27 PM
fireontheplatter true or untrue. i love the part when he and keith and the two other dudes got pulled over in arkansas for driving to slow. and a couple of hours later half the county gets wind of this and shows up at the courhouse or jail or wherever it was for autographs....this story cracks me up everytime
5th March 2008 07:15 PM
Bitch Well actually I had a hard time believing some of the stories in the book too. It seemed impossibly crazy! But I do understand the cloudiness of some memories as the years go by, so I guess thats how Ronnie remembers it. You know what they say about liquor ~ it burns out the brain cells. Too many burned out brained cells = bad recollections. Oh I still enjoyed the book even if it is not 100% accurate.
5th March 2008 07:54 PM
texile the thing about keith,
he always presents himself as a fountain of truth,
but i don't get how he could be a junkie all those years and be crystal clear about anything from 1968 through - at least - 1981.
he looks back through his own hazy romanticized memories.
i mean, wasn't that keith nodding out on stage in 76?
5th March 2008 08:24 PM
gimmekeef Gee..what would Louie Vouiton say?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)