ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
BC Stadium, Vancouver, November 25, 2006
© The Province with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Jeff Healey 1966-2008 Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd March 2008 07:42 AM
Gazza Sad news to report. The great Canadian blues guitarist Jeff Healey died yesterday after a long battle with cancer (It had led to the removal of both of his eyes when he was a baby)

A Stones connection is that Jeff opened for them at the RPM Club pre-tour Voodoo Lounge show in Toronto in July 1994, later joining them onstage for "I Cant Get Next To You"

Jeff Healey, Dead at 41
by Paul Cashmere - March 3 2008

Blind blues guitarist Jeff Healey has died at the age of 41 after a battle with cancer.

Healey as had cancer since the age of one. He lost his sight to Retinoblastoma, an eye cancer.

Despite his handicap, Healey taught himself to play guitar and became a teenage prodigy.

The international success broke when his 'See The Light' album went on to achieve platinum sales.

Next, Healey and his band got their big break when they appeared in the Patrick Swayze movie 1989 'Road House'.

Jeff was an avid record collector and amassed a collection of more than 30,000 vinyls. He put them to good use. He started his own radio show with a playlist that featured songs from his own collection.

Jeff's death comes just one month before the release of his new album 'Mess of Blues'. It will be his first rock album in 8 years.

Healey died in St Joseph's Health Centre in his hometown of Toronto. He leaves behind a wife and two children.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=4244
3rd March 2008 08:10 AM
LadyJane Very sad news.
RIP.

So talented.
LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
3rd March 2008 08:14 AM
Barney Fife I just heard that this morning - quite sad indeed.

I was fortunate enough to experience his excellent playing first hand in Dallas back in the late '80s when they used to have those free concerts in the West End on Monday nights.

3rd March 2008 08:17 AM
egon sad news.
3rd March 2008 08:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Too bad, sad news. Jeff was a very good example of overcoming. He deserves a header today.
3rd March 2008 08:33 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Too bad, sad news. Jeff was a very good example of overcoming. He deserves a header today.

Quick work, Voodoo!

RIP Jeff
3rd March 2008 08:42 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

A Stones connection is that Jeff opened for them at the RPM Club pre-tour Voodoo Lounge show in Toronto in July 1994, later joining them onstage for "I Cant Get Next To You"

That's the actual header.

Other connection is that Jeff played with Keith Richards and his X-pensive Winos at the Armory in NYC during the International Rock Awards on May 31, 1989. The musicians here are Waddy Wachtel, Eric Clapton, Jeff Healey, Tina Turner and Keithfucius, they are playing Keep A-Knockin’

Not in the picture also playing in this song we have e-streeter Clarence Clemmons and Dave Edmunds
3rd March 2008 08:52 AM
Tom Sad news, he was an example to follow and a very talented musician
3rd March 2008 08:55 AM
Jumacfly RIP Jeff....very sad news for every blues lover
3rd March 2008 08:56 AM
Lazy Bones sad news, indeed! several radio stations yesterday played jeff's music all day as a tribute to a great loss. not only a great musician, but a terrific human being!

rest in peace, jeff!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
3rd March 2008 09:08 AM
Make It Funky Whoa.. cancer of the eyes?? Is that some kind of joke?? I thought he had some malignancy a few years ago in his knees? Pretty sad.. seen him a few times, and as much of an arrogant prick that he was, he could play some mean guitar!! RIP.
3rd March 2008 09:48 AM
Joey

RIP Jeff !
3rd March 2008 10:37 AM
Martha RIP
3rd March 2008 10:45 AM
Fiji Joe Sad news indeed...

Fiji weeps
3rd March 2008 11:09 AM
GotToRollMe RIP Jeff.
3rd March 2008 11:16 AM
axl79 Very sad news, great musician, RIP Jeff
3rd March 2008 11:59 AM
Gimme Shelter That sucks, RIP Jeff
3rd March 2008 12:29 PM
Starbuck wasn't he in roadhouse?

googling....
3rd March 2008 12:44 PM
Irina
RIP Jeff...

3rd March 2008 01:38 PM
thejuf messages of condolance at www.jeffhealey.com/wishes/

a great header. Jeff must have shared some jazz secrets with Charlie.

as the message on his website goes:
'Jeff's merely gone off to play at another venue...'

excellent.
rip , Jeff.
3rd March 2008 01:53 PM
mojoman RIP Jeff........
3rd March 2008 03:12 PM
gustavobala oh no, first buddy, now jeff!

why lord, why
3rd March 2008 03:17 PM
MikeyC613 he also played at SARStock, very impressive
3rd March 2008 03:26 PM
Sue Sad news indeed, RIP Jeff

quote:
thejuf wrote:
'Jeff's merely gone off to play at another venue...'

That was sweet
3rd March 2008 03:41 PM
moy not familiar with his music but seems that he was good. Great pix!
3rd March 2008 03:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check his website (http://www.jeffhealeyband.com/) and YouTube, you'll find great stuff

This is Jeff with the late Stevie Ray Vaughan

3rd March 2008 06:21 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I saw him play at my cousin's club about 10 years ago. Small crowd but he played like he was playing for a stadium.

RIP Jeff.
3rd March 2008 07:02 PM
*ginda Poor Jeff. He was dogged by cancer from his first day to his last. How fortunate for him he was able to work at something he loved and did so beautifully.
3rd March 2008 08:13 PM
samekath wow!!! just jumped off the page when i read it...damn!!!! he played quite a bit in austin. and he was a brilliant musician. another tragic loss.

there is a condolence page.

http://www.jeffhealey.com/wishes/index.php
[Edited by samekath]
3rd March 2008 08:14 PM
robpop Did anybody from the couch have him on the dead pool? Oh that's right you deleted that shit. Lets hide that one.

Anyway RIP Jeff.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)