ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
BC Stadium, Vancouver, November 25, 2006
© The Province with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones 78 tour info needed Return to archive
2nd March 2008 04:10 PM
hearyousigh Can someone tell which boots from 78 tour of USA are the best for sound quality? Performance wise? Thanks
2nd March 2008 04:16 PM
pdog Handsome Girls or gourgeous Girls Redux... both are pretty much the same, just different labels. Taken from KBFH (king biscuit flower hour) tapes, awesome quality and great performances.
2nd March 2008 05:33 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Aside from the aforementioned Handsome Girls, I'd recommend Garden State '78 and The Complete Woodstock Tapes.
3rd March 2008 11:36 AM
axl79 "Keeping it Simple" SBD Stereo from Masonic Hall, Detroit July 6,1978 is a new japanese bootleg, has the recently broadcasting from Wolfgang's Vault.

Starts with the introduction something like this:
"And now from England the Rolling Fuc*ing Stones !"

[Edited by axl79]
3rd March 2008 12:43 PM
Erik_Snow Hey Axl,
does "Keeping It Simple" differ from the Wolfgang stream ?
The reason I ask is because I didn't check out Keeping It Simple, as I presumed it was the same as the existing torrents/CDs/stream....
It is indeed a great performance, among the very best of 1978 - but sounds a bit thin compared to Handsome Girls etc
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
3rd March 2008 01:27 PM
axl79
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Hey Axl,
does "Keeping It Simple" differ from the Wolfgang stream ?
The reason I ask is because I didn't check out Keeping It Simple, as I presumed it was the same as the existing torrents/CDs/stream....
It is indeed a great performance, among the very best of 1978 - but sounds a bit thin compared to Handsome Girls etc
[Edited by Erik_Snow]

Hi Erik,
Yes, you are right, this is taken from the Wolfgang stream and has a very good stereo sound and channel separation.
Partly released on "Handsome Girls" and "Gorgeous Girls Redux", but i like this one more.

[Edited by axl79]
3rd March 2008 01:47 PM
Erik_Snow Thanks Axl
4th March 2008 06:58 PM
texile they're both great,
i love that extra line in when the whip comes down....
jagger was fired up on that tour - partly by coke...
but it made the performances edgy.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)