ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
BC Stadium, Vancouver, November 25, 2006
© The Province with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: grateful dead fans Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12th February 2008 12:28 PM
DAVINO
quote:
harman wrote:
any fellow dead heads on the board
also just wanted to say hello first post here
mike

hello!
12th February 2008 12:32 PM
DAVINO
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Wow, thanks for the link! Halloween must have been sick..

It was, and so were the other 5 shows I saw at the Nokia!

Check out my you tube videos, there are a bunch of Phil tunes and even some Stones I shot:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DAVINOENTERPRISES
12th February 2008 03:34 PM
Brainbell Jangler I was way up front in the "Phil Zone" at Autzen on 08/22/93 (I was also in the same spot the day before on my birthday)when some folks way in back in the stands pulled out this big banner:

It says "LET PHIL SING."
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
12th February 2008 03:37 PM
Brainbell Jangler Ducks and Dead: my two favorite teams.

12th February 2008 03:46 PM
Brainbell Jangler Some "Dark Star" from my first show (08/27/72):

12th February 2008 03:51 PM
Brainbell Jangler
And some more:

12th February 2008 04:18 PM
Poplar Good stuff, Brainbell.

saw the dead once in 91.
then, grew up seeing a lot of Phish.
seeing what's left of "the dead" last week made a big impression.
such a different vibe - two very different bands.

[Edited by Poplar]
12th February 2008 04:20 PM
lotsajizz fuckenmissem
12th February 2008 05:03 PM
gimmekeef Miss them too..but at least there are hundreds of great bootlegs to enjoy thru torrents...Been grabbing a lot of them lately
12th February 2008 05:09 PM
lotsajizz I meant Jerry specifically...fuckenmissem, it was a bumper sticker 96-ish
12th February 2008 05:16 PM
Starbuck love the studio stuff. hate the live stuff. totally lost on me. believe me - i've tried!

45 minute versions of "friend of the devil" do nothing for me. am i retar-dead? perhaps.
12th February 2008 05:34 PM
lotsajizz LOL...FOTD probably never exceeded 8 minutes

Cazart!!!!!!!!
12th February 2008 05:41 PM
Zack
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
love the studio stuff. hate the live stuff. totally lost on me. believe me - i've tried!

45 minute versions of "friend of the devil" do nothing for me. am i retar-dead? perhaps.

Dude you haven't tried hard enough if you think there are 45-minute versions of any Grateful Dead tune. Two or three numbers, such as "The Other One," "Playing in the Band," or "Dark Star" are designed as open ended jams that usually last 20 minutes. That the Dead jammed on tunes for an hour is a stupid urban myth. Allman Brothers jams, to name one group, go way longer than the Dead's.
[Edited by Zack]
12th February 2008 06:14 PM
mojoman
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
love the studio stuff. hate the live stuff. totally lost on me. believe me - i've tried!

skip the FOTD and check out the 46 minute playing in the band from seatle 74
12th February 2008 06:17 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
mojoman wrote:

Love that song.

Thought we were talking about FOTP for a min.
12th February 2008 07:52 PM
Zack
quote:
mojoman wrote:

Mojoman, you know shows like that are pretty darn rare. Besides, you're killing my thesis and scaring off Starbuck when we should be encouraging him. And those super-long space odysseys are not always the greatest listens either. That said, I want to download that show to hear such an epic Playin' (I'm still awestruck by the 2-26-77 version). What's the date?
12th February 2008 08:03 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Zack wrote:
That said, I want to download that show to hear such an epic Playin' (I'm still awestruck by the 2-26-77 version). What's the date?

5/21/74
12th February 2008 08:07 PM
mojoman
quote:
Zack wrote:

Mojoman, you know shows like that are pretty darn rare. Besides, you're killing my thesis and scaring off Starbuck when we should be encouraging him. And those super-long space odysseys are not always the greatest listens either. That said, I want to download that show to hear such an epic Playin' (I'm still awestruck by the 2-26-77 version). What's the date?

sorry dude. just playin. 2/26/77 swing auditorium. sweet
12th February 2008 08:10 PM
Zack Just found it on speedingarrow. Was about to edit my post. Playin' is 66 MB. Must be it. Show opened w/ Me & My Uncle. Unusual.
12th February 2008 08:14 PM
mojoman
quote:
Zack wrote:
Just found it on speedingarrow. Was about to edit my post. Playin' is 66 MB. Must be it. Show opened w/ Me & My Uncle. Unusual.

if ya havent already check out the u of montana from the week before. you really can go wrong with anything from that year....
13th February 2008 01:05 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I meant Jerry specifically...fuckenmissem, it was a bumper sticker 96-ish

I think what threw him off was that you wrote "fuckenmissem" (fuckin' miss them), rather than "fuckenmissim" (fuckin' miss him), which is the way I remember the bumper stickers (minus the parentheticals, of course).
13th February 2008 05:25 AM
lotsajizz you're right BJ
13th February 2008 09:18 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Miss them too..but at least there are hundreds of great bootlegs to enjoy thru torrents...Been grabbing a lot of them lately

keef, you've got PM...
13th February 2008 10:07 AM
gimmekeef Lazy....check my reply......Thanks
13th February 2008 11:32 AM
Lazy Bones ...cheers, pal!
13th February 2008 07:48 PM
Jaxx i am a huge dead fan as my bud lazy bones pointed out. caught 10 ratdog shows over 13 months last year and 2 phil and friends this summer. way too much fun to be legal. met phil at his book signing 3 years ago and had a beer with jerry in telluride back in the mid eighties. i'm heading to NYC first of april to catch 3 nights of bob weir and ratdog at the beacon. glad to have another one of us "on board". rock on and welcome.
13th February 2008 10:08 PM
mac_daddy 1969, 1972, 1974, 1979 all have epic versions of tunes that jam past the forty + minute mark. 9/21/72 comes to mind, so does the 74 jai alai gig in fla. in 1979 there are too many long excursions for me to name them all, but the band nailed playin' in '79. too and dark stars were rampant in 1969. and dont forget the pigpen tunes - those suckers went on for days...

dark star is my favorite jam of them all - i dont think i could single it down to one. i think the favorite one i saw live was the last night of the boston garden run in 1991 - it opened the second set, and then showed up again later on. that was also the last time i got to hear it.

13th February 2008 10:37 PM
mojoman
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
1969, 1972, 1974, 1979 all have epic versions of tunes that jam past the forty + minute mark. 9/21/72 comes to mind, so does the 74 jai alai gig in fla. in 1979 there are too many long excursions for me to name them all, but the band nailed playin' in '79. too and dark stars were rampant in 1969. and dont forget the pigpen tunes - those suckers went on for days...

dark star is my favorite jam of them all - i dont think i could single it down to one. i think the favorite one i saw live was the last night of the boston garden run in 1991 - it opened the second set, and then showed up again later on. that was also the last time i got to hear it.

saw three of those six garden shows in 91 missed the 9/24 one but saw that 9/26 one. lucky you that saw more than one. 9/21/72 the dicks picks 36 was the last and the best. poor dick. poor us.........
13th February 2008 10:42 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
i am a huge dead fan as my bud lazy bones pointed out. caught 10 ratdog shows over 13 months last year and 2 phil and friends this summer. way too much fun to be legal. met phil at his book signing 3 years ago and had a beer with jerry in telluride back in the mid eighties. i'm heading to NYC first of april to catch 3 nights of bob weir and ratdog at the beacon. glad to have another one of us "on board". rock on and welcome.

Photobucket

Looks like a local.

Photobucket

14th February 2008 07:57 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
i'm heading to NYC first of april to catch 3 nights of bob weir and ratdog at the beacon.

Still waiting for some Ontario dates. They played at Massey Hall in Toronto a couple years ago, but nothing since. Aside from Bonnaroo, no dates for Phil.

You should stick around for the start of the Allman's 15-show run at the Beacon starting 5 May. They're due up here, too!

...enjoy the Dog, darlin'!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)