ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
BC Stadium, Vancouver, November 25, 2006
© The Province with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: grateful dead fans Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
5th February 2008 07:30 PM
harman any fellow dead heads on the board
also just wanted to say hello first post here
mike
5th February 2008 07:53 PM
Zack I'm one.
5th February 2008 07:55 PM
gimmekeef Welcome aboard....Huge Dead Head..and lots of others here too..enjoy our lil insane asylum
5th February 2008 08:02 PM
harman anyone catch the live webcast last night
from san fran
good stuff boys sounded good
5th February 2008 08:06 PM
mojoman Aiko aiko all day
5th February 2008 09:25 PM
pdog I don't like the music and hated most of the fans I met, there's major exceptions, including the people here, the ones with good hygiene and acid, and a few tunes by the band I kinda can like...

5th February 2008 09:51 PM
Lazy Bones greetings from a fellow fan...

you just won the heart of jaxx over. an 'unholy trinity' member and huge dead fan.

didn't get a chance to hear the webcast last night. it started at 10:30 my time and i just couldn't stay awake.

6th February 2008 12:25 AM
Brainbell Jangler My first Dead show was Veneta, Oregon in August 1972.
6th February 2008 02:35 AM
Child of the Moon I'll lend my voice to this choir. The Dead are amazing.
6th February 2008 04:29 AM
Poplar saw the Obama show Monday at the warfield.
great night.

6th February 2008 06:00 AM
PartyDoll MEG Not a Dead head..

but I do love Jackie Greene's music. He played with Phil and Friends this last tour and Monday night!
6th February 2008 06:20 AM
lotsajizz I saw 100 shows even from 4-15-82 through 6-19-95.....and I'm envious as hell at Brainbell Jangler's first show!!!
6th February 2008 06:52 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle Hey now!
6th February 2008 08:32 AM
mojoman
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I'm envious as hell at Brainbell Jangler's first show!!!

me too. that lucky bastard!!!
6th February 2008 11:21 AM
PartyDoll MEG repeat broadcast of show tonight....

http://www.iclips.net/
6th February 2008 12:22 PM
gimmekeef http://www.archive.org/details/sci2006-07-01.mk41.flac16

Guys..heres an amazing set that features Weirs Ratdog on an amazing version of China Cat/Know You Rider...a pure delight and free download in flac or mp3....Enjoy!
6th February 2008 12:34 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
http://www.archive.org/details/sci2006-07-01.mk41.flac16

Guys..heres an amazing set that features Weirs Ratdog on an amazing version of China Cat/Know You Rider...a pure delight and free download in flac or mp3....Enjoy!

Love China/Rider, might be my fav besides Jack Straw and Me and My Uncle. Seen the GD & RD a few times, never got the chance to see Phil & Friends, yet. Had tix for the Dead a couple years ago, but ended up going to SARS instead.
6th February 2008 01:33 PM
monkey_man Here's the poster from Mon night for all you heads.
Photobucket
6th February 2008 03:12 PM
Bitch I saw the Dead many many times too. They were the best live band and they played for a long time, with intermission. Get high break? Always a fan but I dont play them much since Jerry died.
6th February 2008 07:35 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Seen the GD & RD a few times, never got the chance to see Phil & Friends, yet.

Get your Phil here - 7 free sbd's from the Fall NYC run.

SFTD > Rider on Halloween...
6th February 2008 07:48 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Get your Phil here - 7 free sbd's from the Fall NYC run.

SFTD > Rider on Halloween...

Wow, thanks for the link! Halloween must have been sick..
6th February 2008 08:24 PM
GotToRollMe I went to a few Dead shows in the early to mid '70s, including the Beacon Theater in New York - and something called "The Pirates Ball" in '75 where I was stuck on a ferry boat circling Manhattan with the Jerry Garcia Band and the Hells Angels...wouldn't wanna do that one again though.
6th February 2008 08:49 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I went to a few Dead shows in the early to mid '70s, including the Beacon Theater in New York - and something called "The Pirates Ball" in '75 where I was stuck on a ferry boat circling Manhattan with the Jerry Garcia Band and the Hells Angels...wouldn't wanna do that one again though.

Oh come on..you'd do it in a heartbeat I bet...lol
6th February 2008 09:36 PM
Zack
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
My first Dead show was Veneta, Oregon in August 1972.

08-27-72 Old Renaissance Faire Grounds, Veneta, Or. (Sun)
1: Promised, Sugaree, Me & My Uncle, Deal, B. T. Wind, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Mexicali, Bertha
2: Playin, He's Gone, Jack Straw, Bird Song, Greatest
3: Dark Star> El Paso, Sing Me Back Home, Sugar Magnolia, Casey Jones, Saturday Night

Three sets - and Dark Star! Lucky bastard! How old were you?
6th February 2008 10:06 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Zack wrote:

08-27-72 Old Renaissance Faire Grounds, Veneta, Or. (Sun)
1: Promised, Sugaree, Me & My Uncle, Deal, B. T. Wind, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Mexicali, Bertha
2: Playin, He's Gone, Jack Straw, Bird Song, Greatest
3: Dark Star> El Paso, Sing Me Back Home, Sugar Magnolia, Casey Jones, Saturday Night

Three sets - and Dark Star! Lucky bastard! How old were you?

I turned 18 six days earlier. It was a life-changing experience. The Oregon Renaissance Faire is now known as the Oregon Country Fair (Google it; it's fun!). I've been attending since 1973 and have been on the Board of Directors for eight years.
6th February 2008 10:09 PM
time is on my side Huge fan of the Dead for close to 40 years. Though as someone said, I don't really listen to them as often as I used to since Jerry passed away.

All told saw about 30 shows with the first being 12-12-73 at the Omni in Atlanta. To my surprise, was greeted with a beardless Garcia and Bob Weir introducing themselves as the backup band. Incredible show. Saw many great shows later on as well as a few average to below average ones.

Remember buying the Skull and Roses album when it first came out. This is where I first remember seeing the call for the Deadheads to unite. Answered the call and received stuff from them for decades to come. In the beginning, it was a cool scene but it really got uncool at some of the shows I saw in the 90's (those new Deadheads didn't seem all that friendly). Man, I'm in the mood for some Dead.
6th February 2008 10:10 PM
harman brainbell that is cool as shit phenomenal show
i have some of it on dvd if i can find it i'll burn you a copy
6th February 2008 11:14 PM
Sioux And I knew someone who OD'd at a Dead show in the 90's...
7th February 2008 08:22 AM
mac_daddy if brainbell is on the board of the fair, my guess is that he has all the video footage there is to have... and since you are on the board, let me ask - when is that COMPLETE '72 gig gonna see the light of day..? lemieux(sp) et al say that you guys have the footage and the audio, and that the material is NOT in the band's vaults...

and please stop calling the stuff after jerry's demise in 1995 "the dead" - it isnt the same thing without jerry; in fact it isnt even close...

and while i am on the subject - did phil and bobby get on stage together for that obama gig, or did they just do a ratdog set and a phil and friends set seperately..?

loved the dead, and i still do - but the wheels started falling off of that wagon in the late eighties, and those last years (like '92 onwards) were a real struggle...

rip jerry

[Edited by mac_daddy]
7th February 2008 11:26 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

and please stop calling the stuff after jerry's demise in 1995 "the dead" - it isnt the same thing without jerry; in fact it isnt even close...

loved the dead, and i still do - but the wheels started falling off of that wagon in the late eighties, and those last years (like '92 onwards) were a real struggle...

rip jerry

They were touring as "the dead" and my ticket said "the dead" and I never compared it to the band Jerry was in.

Never got to see them til 92, I just kind of went on a whim with some buddys for a roady to Charlotte. Saw both shows and was blown away. Still did not really listen to them until my buddy sent me the boots to those shows--then I was hooked. Only got to see them 5 times and 2 of them were pretty bad.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)