ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

日本の弛緩 / The Stones relaxing in Japan!
By our friend Minko!
あなたにMinko 非常に感謝しなさい

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why My Dentist Rocks Return to archive
03-06-03 08:51 AM
winter I had to get a filling replaced yesterday. He upgraded his office:

- plasma tv's that you view from the chair
- head sets for your own personal listening
- collection of dvds, including Voodoo Lounge

I didn't want to get up from the chair when he was done,

wintah
03-06-03 08:54 AM
winter one follow up question, what the hell were they thinking when they allowed Whoopi Goldberg to not only mc the show, but stay on stage and sing along during certain of the songs -

awful,
03-06-03 09:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Next session ask him for Cocaine On A Dentist Chair... a great bootleg LOL probably it must be part of his collection

(see MononoM's review here http://www.xs4all.nl/~mononom/1960/cocaine.htm)
03-06-03 10:01 AM
winter VoodooChile:

Thanks for the recommendation. Any suggestions on good sources for boots that you can order over the internet? You can pm me, if that is better?

I don't don't have a burner, so I don't know anything about the tree thing - I am a bit of a technological dinosaur.

I recently purchased out on bail, which I think is great - Love in Vain is probably the best I've ever heard!

I'm pretty shallow in the boots, I don't even have Brussel's Affair (I do have a boxed set - 4 disks, which has part of Brussel's Affair - Midnight Rambler, I think it also has a portion of cocaine in the dentists chair, a portion from Keith's birthday show in '81 and a few other shows spanning the late '60s to VL).

thanks in advance,

wintah
03-06-03 10:01 AM
nankerphelge When I was a kid about 5-6th grade time frame, I had to have a ton of dental work done in preparation for orthodontics. My teeth are about the size of Mr. Ed's. Involved pulling alot of them to make room for all the others (to this day I only have 6 teeth in my whole head)

Anyhow, old Doc Henry used to give me Nitrous Oxide to help ease the pain of both the gigantic novocaine needle and the extractions. That Nitrous is some wild stuff -- we aren't talking a tank and balloon -- he'd hook me up to the Nitrous/Oxygen mixing system and adjust the mix so that cool smell of nitrous would swirl inside my sinus and my head would spin around in hallucinogenic glory! Funny thing was, every time he did this (probably a dozen times or so) the Muzak on the office PA would dissolve into the same strange, surreal calliope music. Didn't matter what song was playing -- whether it was God Didn't Make Little Green Apples or Do You Know The Way To San Jose -- it would morph into the same exact circus song every time.

As I got older, old Doc Henry would give me "a whiff" of Nitrous even for a filling! Hell, he'd probably have give it to me for a cleaning if I asked real nice. That dentist rocked!!!!

If he had the Stones available for my listening pleasure as well -- I'm sure I would still be in the chair!!!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
03-06-03 10:06 AM
winter Nanky:

I miss the days of the N02 - my pediatric dentist used to give me the gas all the time as well,

He had hotties for oral hygenists - regressing

wintah
03-06-03 12:16 PM
nankerphelge Yeah mine too -- in fact, I vaguely recall one time while under the Nitrous influence whether "oral hygene" meant they didn't spill a drop!!!
03-06-03 12:25 PM
egon
quote:
winter wrote:
I had to get a filling replaced yesterday. He upgraded his office:

- plasma tv's that you view from the chair
- head sets for your own personal listening
- collection of dvds, including Voodoo Lounge

I didn't want to get up from the chair when he was done,

wintah

why my dentist sucks;

he doesn't have any of that cool stuff you mention here above
03-06-03 02:06 PM
luxury1 Yeah, egon, mine too. He is an Italian Nazi, and just yells "open wider, open..." Oops-I dont like the way that reads (nanky, no comments, its just too easy), but it is true. Helluva good dentist though. Winter you are a spoiled brat.
03-06-03 02:12 PM
Nellcote Hey Luxy,

Is your computer equipped with a backspace button?
03-06-03 02:38 PM
glencar How does one get Cocaine on a dentist's chair & Brussels Affair? They're not at any of the shops which sell a few boots around here.
03-06-03 02:40 PM
jb Luxury=Nerd.
03-06-03 02:41 PM
LadyJane My Dentist is an Italian Stallion! What a hottie! Really nice guy, too! He's gotten so many referrals from me (ie all the ladies in my office) he gives me a discount!! You wouldn't believe the frenzy that erupts when someone says "I've got a toothache"!! They'd all faint if he were to yell "open, wider, open". LOL.

LadyJ.
03-06-03 02:47 PM
nankerphelge jb, you leave Luxy alone -- she is not a nerd!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
03-06-03 02:48 PM
jb I don't care for her one bit..she was disrepectful to me in the chat room without any provacation and I will hold against her until I die.

[Edited by jb]
03-06-03 02:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
I will hold against her until I die.

[Edited by jb]

Freudian slip there, JB?

LadyJ.
03-06-03 03:17 PM
telecaster I saw my dentist in a strip joint getting a 2 on 1 lap dance! He saw me and scurried out. Dirty old man

Not sure if a Stones song was playing at the time
03-06-03 03:17 PM
Nellcote
I could not have been fortunate enough to have met some fine folks at Sully's in Boston, one 09/02/02, and I count Luxury as one of them. Period.

03-06-03 09:31 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
You wouldn't believe the frenzy that erupts when someone says "I've got a toothache"!! They'd all faint if he were to yell "open, wider, open". LOL.

LadyJ.

Shouldn't that be "spread, wider, spread"??
03-06-03 09:58 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

I could not have been fortunate enough to have met some fine folks at Sully's in Boston, one 09/02/02, and I count Luxury as one of them. Period.

You crazy old people... damn you and your IDs!

-tSYX --- Well I can see that you're just sev'teen years old...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST