ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

日本の弛緩 / The Stones relaxing in Japan!
By our friend Minko!
あなたにMinko 非常に感謝しなさい

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oz shows now over Return to archive
03-05-03 06:29 PM
Daethgod Big thanks to the Stones and their crew for hitting Oz. We know it's a long way from home, but us mad oz Stoners need to see the band live every few years.

Please come back again one day, and I, on behalf of hard core Stones fans would like to apologize to the band for the pathetic sit-down, cocoa-drinking, knee rug wearing, grey haired old farts, who kept telling us fans to 'sit down' all night.

You guys don't deserve to boogie with the kings of rock.

Geez if Mick and the boys can slam around for 2 hrs non-stop, then you can at least get up and show some appreciation... how the hell can you sit whilst the FREAKIN ROLLING STONES are 10 feet away on the B Stage belting out Midnight Rambler.... geeeeezus !

Me and my crew aren't the only ones annoyed by the crap arse boring audience.. numerous letters to the editors of Oz newspapers have appeared on this subject.

Anyways thanks again for rocking me !

I stood, I boogied, I punched my arms in the air, I swayed, and I told the old guy behind me to " Get Up dude, it's the freaking Roliing Stones!!!!"
oh yer, and i had a great time !!

03-05-03 08:14 PM
fmk438j Yeah, I agree with all of that.

03-05-03 09:35 PM
exile Strange to think that the shows are all over now
shit

Life returns to normal

Long live the Stones
03-06-03 02:33 AM
marko I have no idea whats normal life?
03-06-03 04:18 AM
fmk438j
quote:
marko wrote:
I have no idea whats normal life?

Where everything either sucks or blows or both.
03-06-03 05:52 AM
stonedinaustralia yes, it's over

hard to believe that only 90 days ago i was getting over the rush of scoring those enmore tckets... a lot of water under the bridge and blood on the tracks since then

also hard to believe it's 30 years since those halcyon days of '73... the longing of a thirty year wait that was exorcised in the ten minutes it took them to play rambler as their opening number - just as high and wild as anything i've heard from that '73 tour

a new division of time - BE and AE - before and after enmore

that high five... well some might say it aint so but i say it means i met the man...for one moment in time and space there was nothing between us but a proximity shadow

as another once put it:

"It was the farthest point of navigation and the culminating point of my experience.It seemed to throw a kind of light on everything about me - and into my thoughts."

yet the question remains, where to from here...?

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
03-06-03 10:18 AM
jb I want to personally thank the Australian board members for their great reviews....it kept the excitement going ...I doubt the Europeans will be able to match the wonderful stories you shared will us. Good day.
[Edited by jb]
03-06-03 11:16 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
I want to personally thank the Australian board members for their great reviews....it kept the excitement going ....
[Edited by jb]

I'm in total agreement with JB! (I must have a fever!)

Kudos to our Aussie friends! You guys really did a fantastic job!! Your reviews and photographs made us all feel like we were right there with you! Thanks!!

LadyJ.

PS Who the hell is covering Japan?? Damn. We need a volunteer to hop a flight to Tokyo!!
03-06-03 11:24 AM
jb Fiji Joe has some asian connections.
03-06-03 02:11 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
Please come back again one day, and I, on behalf of hard core Stones fans would like to apologize to the band for the pathetic sit-down, cocoa-drinking, knee rug wearing, grey haired old farts, who kept telling us fans to 'sit down' all night.

This wasn't one of those "wear a tuxedo" gigs was it?
03-06-03 02:45 PM
jb Is it true that the Brisbane crowds were like the old farts who attended 99.9% of the N.American shows? I feel your pain...the fans have aged worse than Keith and have about as much enthusiasm as Saddam wanting to destroy his weapons of mass destruction.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST