ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

日本の弛緩 / The Stones relaxing in Japan!
By our friend Minko!
あなたにMinko 非常に感謝しなさい

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Irak war Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-05-03 10:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Look, this is so easy...

Bad Guys=Saddam/Kim

Good Guys=USA/GB/Oz

Big Ol' Homosexual Wussies=France

Everyone else is just a fence sitter, waiting to see which way the wind blows.
03-05-03 10:54 PM
Fiji Joe Calling BS Highwire...I would like your proposed solution with your educated guess as to the state of world affairs fifteen years down the road should your solution be implemented...or do you just criticize?...Of course, you don't have to answer...I'm not your professor and this ain't an essay contest...just curious that's all

And I like the new straight forward SS...Sound bites is about all most of us can handle
03-05-03 11:31 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Calling BS Highwire...I would like your proposed solution with your educated guess as to the state of world affairs fifteen years down the road should your solution be implemented...or do you just criticize?...Of course, you don't have to answer...I'm not your professor and this ain't an essay contest...just curious that's all

And I like the new straight forward SS...Sound bites is about all most of us can handle

Fiji, the proposed solution is not deal chemical warfare agents to countries. And the proposed solution is to not supply regimes when it serves Uncle Sam's selfish needs then wage war on those same regimes when it doesn't serve Uncle Sam's needs. And the proposed solution is to not be so hypocritical a nation whose diplomats shake hands and make deals with known perpetrators/supporters of Crimes Against Humanity.

[Courtesy Call for Mr. Sharon... Belgium is calling you for a visit--you may use some of this year's US 12+ billion to purchase your travel ticket]
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
03-06-03 12:40 AM
Fiji Joe What I thought Highwire...still criticizing and not offering any solutions...this is typical...not necessarily of you...I don't know you...

Selfish needs?...Man, you don't live in the lap of luxury by accident hoss...are you prepared to return to Walden and forsake all your blood possessions?..Are you?...have you no concept of how capitalism works?...under what conditions it prospers?...Don't know you better axe somebody

The bottom line, you deal with problems in the best way possible at any given time...are some peoples capable of abusing the assistance you provide them for their own power?...duh...again criticism but no solutions...

Are you proposing an entirely isolationist foreign policy?...If so, I'm with you there...but how long before some nation is begging for our help...what would we tell them?..."Go fuck yourself!"...Personally, I'm cool with that in a selfish kind of way...but, I can tell you our existence would not be long by adhering to such a policy...

Answer the question...how do you propose to deal with the likes of Saddam and Kim Jong "Mentally" Ill?...I remain curious...I think you know how I would propose to deal with them

Oh, I missed it...you did propose a solution...apparently your solution is to lambaste past administrations for their transgressions and errors in foreign policy...Gotta say, I would question the efficacy of such an approach

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-06-03 01:12 AM
Fiji Joe Now this guy had some STONES!

The single most courageous act I can recall

I have but one question, what do you suppose was in the bag?

My guess, an egg salad sandwich

03-06-03 01:53 AM
woodywoodpecker Well my opinion on the whole subject is this!

Fuck Religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what it's all about sorry if I offend the religious people too bad.

No point prayin your whole life over something no one even knows exsists., When you die & if you reach the pearly gates "Kiss his ass then"

I thought the Stones were the Gods around here anyway!
03-06-03 02:02 AM
littleredrooster Feej,
You couldn't have summed it up any better!
You deserve to snatch the armor from SSA and protect your flabby man-breasts!
It's gettin' hot in here !!!

Screemin' Roostahs
03-06-03 02:06 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
hey this dude did not have to announce he was french...unless he's some kind of sadist...he did that for a reason....an antagonistic reason...

The reason was plain enough to see (left sidebar):
quote:
keith_tif
Welcome to the board!!!

So, keith_tif, if you are still with us and that the Big Bad American Patriots (only joking, guys! don't flame me! LOL!) haven't frightened you off, hello and wellcome to this board. Beware: it's a place of crazy, fanatic and highly knowlegable Stones fans. Most here are longtime posters and have strong opinions. So it's not cool to barge in without first taking the time to read several threads in full. It will be an education!
There is no reason why you couldn't come back a little later: this is an international place, with French, English, Dutch, German, Australian, South American fans...
A little something for everyone. (Or a big something for someones, why not...)
03-06-03 02:10 AM
Moonisup again,
I suggest a group hug!!

haha well I don't think that we agree on this Fjij hehe

well we don't have too I think
03-06-03 02:14 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Oh, I missed it...you did propose a solution...apparently your solution is to lambaste past administrations for their transgressions and errors in foreign policy...Gotta say, I would question the efficacy of such an approach
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Fiji,
Go examine the Leah Wood thread; you're the one who provides knee-jerk opinions rather than solid evidence. My posts and some other posters (on either side of the argument) backed up what we had to say with quotes, evidence, and web links so you could learn yourself now that you're off the battlefield.

I see, so every American is in the "lap of luxury"? You really know so much about us all, including the "straw men" you build up to conveniently tear down. [Professor Quinn, Logic 101 class did come in handy, thanks --Rob.]

I provided solutions in the last post--just as you requested. In fact, I see a pattern whereby your answer to anything you disagree with is to ignore providing solid evidence to refute the facts you challenge but rather to toss out the old, So how would you solve everything, smarty-pants? Of course, anything provided is followed up by you with no hard core evidence. But wait, that's just "history," "past administrations" (let's see, hmmmm... two Bushes, one decade), according to you, so it really doesn't count 'cause we don't want our administrations to learn from history--do we? [Collect call from George Santayana to Fiji Joe]

My answer was right before you in the last post. Not surprisingly, the first solutions involve changing [read: not repeating] a long list of our country's duplicitous behavior--No time like the present, fellow American voting citizens!

Now you mentioned North Korea--I'm in agreement about concentrating UN diplomacy and defense contingency plans there--and don't forget the Palestinian Peoples Free Nation that Bush supports. Yep, that's what we should be concentrating on for your next 15-year plan, while the increased inspectors, satellites, and spy planes continue their surveillance check(mate) of Iraq.

All those tens of Billions left-over from not entering an unnecessary war could really build some infrastructure to Israeli-Palestinian peace--surely a cheaper path to reducing US and Israeli targeted terrorism, and what the hell, even some cash left over for down-and-out Americans I know in my USA. Oh wait, in The Capitalist Society a citizen has no excuses for not generating their own medical coverage, elderly care, educational opportunities, etc.--Because I Pledge Allegiance to know that every American lives in the lap of luxury.

- U.S. Government building up Iraq as a "terror" foe and readying it's people for war...

- North Korean Government building up the U.S. and West as an invasion threat and readying it's people for war...

...hmmmmmm... George Orwell's 1984? Anybody?

It's late, I'm signing off. Remember to place this email in the "Memory Hole" after you have read it.

Do you ever hear the screams/ As the limbs are all torn off/ Did you ever kiss the child/ Who just saw his father shot/ Do you ever shed a tear/ As the war drags on and on... {Blinded By Rainbows --Rolling Stones}
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
03-06-03 09:33 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Look, this is so easy...

Bad Guys=Saddam/Kim

Good Guys=USA/GB/Oz

Big Ol' Homosexual Wussies=France

Everyone else is just a fence sitter, waiting to see which way the wind blows.

Beautiful man, just beautiful, who needs to delve any deeper than that.....Hell I thinkl I'm going to have a shirt made up that says the exact same thing, will I be tossed from the mall as well?
03-06-03 09:35 AM
telecaster "Do you ever hear the screams/ As the limbs are all torn off/ Did you ever kiss the child/ Who just saw his father shot/ Do you ever shed a tear/ As the war drags on and on... "

Highwire- I like your quote from "Blinded By Rainbows"

It describes life in Iraq under Saddam perfectly

03-06-03 09:54 AM
David
quote:
Joey wrote:
It sunk like a five pound butt rock !

Jacky !

Maybe you ough to consider more fiber in your diet?
03-06-03 10:10 AM
jb Please your children, and please your spouse, the taste makes a difference at sweden house..."all you care to eat".
03-06-03 10:29 AM
Fiji Joe Highwire...you want evidence that would support my pro-war stance?

C'mon...the facts are out there and I don't think they are arguable or debatable...are they?..

The question is, what is to be done with the matter at hand? And it doesn't matter what you say, all you can do is speculate as to the result of any action or inaction...is that not right? Maybe this is a matter of personal philosopy...I feel that it is always better, when possible, to control those variables that may control you...as opposed to standing idly aside and letting the chips fall where they may...I don't think it's any more complicated than that...

And I'm not really going to ponder on the specifics of your solution...you lost me with all this off-topic talk about the palestininan state...My personal opinion, I give a rat's ass about the Palestinian issue at this point...would be nice to see peace but Palestine poses little or no threat to our national security and I have no interest in helping them establish any form of government other than a democratic one..which they have no interest in...and if you want a docile and peaceful palestine...then you cut off its source of animosity which is not the palestininan people but those other middle-eastern nations that foster their dissent because it serves their purpose to keep Israel unstable...and you can start with Iraq...Do you really think the Palestinian issue is that narrow?

But I see a pattern here, when the US Government acts in ways that are consistent with your world-view, they are not acting in their own selfish self-interest...however, when they act out of necessary force to accomplish some of these same objectives they are the Greast Satan...Man, how much diplomatic sway is any nation going to have if they do not have the big stick to back it up...

You know, you cannot discount the human element when you deal with nations and they cannot all be pigeon-holed into the same mold...diplomacy may work with some...and has, albeit rarely...but most, including all those nations of the middle-east understand but one thing...blood and iron...Man, they were behaving in such a manner long before America was conceived...I can see this is a concept you are never going to agree with or understand...I can't help you there...So, perhaps, we can just spend our time railing on some of these people who stand to change their mind

History has proven several things...diplomacy goes down a whole lot smoother after you kicks someone's ass...war is absolutley and without question ultimately inevitable...and America is a graceful and forgiving victor...Our approach to warfare is virtually unprecedented in that respect...

03-06-03 11:25 AM
keith_tif I see that my msg involve a chain reaction.

USA are the biggest economic nation in the world, but if they want that some countries respect international rights.
They must be care of others countries like North Corea, they must react about the TcheTchenie War,...But the Irak's problem should had to be solve during the golfe war in 1991 by the judgement of Sadam.
In 2003, we have to find a diplomatic solution and not attack people without weapon.
USA had a great president named Bill Clinton but Bush it's the shame of USA.
France country of tolerance and human rights, USA country of intolerance and death penalty.

highwire.

peace and love
03-06-03 11:36 AM
Fiji Joe "France country of tolerance and human rights, USA country of intolerance and death penalty."

Am lactating profusely over this one...Well, I guess if we don't ask the Vietnamese, the Algerians, the good folks in Ivory Coast and other places one might get that impression of France...

And this from the inventors of the chopping block
03-06-03 12:06 PM
Moonisup WEll I just watched the news and the US and great Brittian have the support of the Dutch government

well our patriots are in Turkey already!
03-06-03 12:12 PM
Boomhauer Iraq? Nah, a rack is much, much better. Preferably female (sorry Fiji).

03-06-03 12:15 PM
Moonisup heheh a rack! eheh

fiji you where right about france
wel every country has bodies in his closet!

HELL we where so stupid to trade New york (then: Nieuw amsterdam) for Suriname! hahahahahah
03-06-03 12:18 PM
Fiji Joe New York was a good deal Moonisup...you want it back?

And no Boom, although I can appreciate a good man-breast, I too prefer the breasts of our penisless counterparts
03-06-03 12:41 PM
glencar Well, it's nice to see the Dutch are on the American side. Loyalty is a prized asset. The French are a bunch of losers. The only time I'll ever go to France is to see Omaha Beach. I'll spend as little money there as possible. I've come to the conclusion that the French are a nation of wussies.
03-06-03 12:49 PM
jb Rik is still my best cyberspace friend despite his misinformed and naive opinions.
03-06-03 01:37 PM
Joey " Rik is still my best cyberspace friend despite his misinformed and naive opinions. "

Me too my Persian Brother !

J the ACKY !

03-06-03 02:05 PM
Mother baby
quote:
woodywoodpecker wrote:
I thought the Stones were the Gods around here anyway!

AMEN! Preach it!...shout it from the roof tops!

03-06-03 02:06 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
France country of tolerance and human rights, USA country of intolerance and death penalty.

Even I, who am French, wouldn't utter such a simple-sided (not to say simple-minded, I'm trying to be civil) clich�. And alas, Fiji IS right about skeletons in the closet. Of course! What country doesn't have embarrassing chunks of history that they'd rather do without...
To quote a song title: Think!

But that goes for everybody! 'Cause, my dears, I'm bored and disgusted with the 'French are cowards' comments everywhere! I hope it doesn't come as a big surprise, huh?
The people here are neither better or worse than anywhere on the planet, but we have a different background. Soldiers especially don't get to choose who to attack or side with, they are the tools of governments! Last time I checked, it was the same in the USA...

After the 9/11 attack, we were shocked and angry too, we felt a surge of sympathy for the American people. Many, many people expressed those feelings, not only by organizing collections for relief funds or sending volunteers, but also by gathering, often spontaneously, in American consulates and in churches, to pray and share affection with the American expats. There were volunteers, among firefighters, medical personnel and the police and army, who were sent to help find survivors at ground zero.
I'm not claiming here any special merits for France, we just did like many other countries, we stood by our American friends and fellow human beings. But yes, it added a lot of emotion for us because of Omaha beach and all the help the USA gave us during WWI and II.

Now, the American *government* (I insist...) is trying to gather same-minded countries to re-start a war they failed to finish 12 years ago. Those who disagree are bullied and branded cowards and traitors. Bush threatens economic backlash for the 'bad countries', sets the CIA to wire the phone of their diplomats and to look for dirt on the UNO inspectors background (the best to put pressure on them, presumably), etc.
So obviously, we're not anymore in the realm of good intentions and good manners among friends! It's back to politics, games of power and influence, and those who take the propaganda as face value become mere tools too. But not necessarily tools of their own government... Of their ennemies too!
The terror-mongers like Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein or Khadafi are set on making this a war of civilizations. They want to fire the Muslim and especially Arab people around the world to become more and more terrorists. They would love Bush to 'punish' Iraq with iron and fire, to get mired in the sands, obliged to let troops stay overlong in a hostile country, with kamikaze guerrilla attacks and bloody counter-attacks. A very likely scenario, alas, if one take the lesson of history. 25 years ago, it was the beginning in Liban, 20 years ago in Afghanistan for Russia, nowadays the occupied territories of Palestine for Israel... Tomorrow, Iraq and the USA? Let's hope not!

Bush *may* succeed in invading Iraq/k without starting IIIrd World War, even without too huge a human cost on his own (and his allies) side. But America, who has nearly lost the sympathy of many allies, would be face with more and more ennemies. And what with Northern Korea, Lybia, Iran, Russia & Chechnya, the terrorists in Philipinas (Bali bombing), etc, etc, etc...?

As I said before, in some other thread, people in France, Belgium and Germany do not want Iraq to attack another country any more than they want the USA to attack Iraq. But we ask that other options be used, and well used, before to resort to war.
It means, here, watching with attention while Iraq goes on destroying their own missiles (now 34 since March 1st), and say 'Good, but go on, or else...' And demand to go everywhere the inspectors couldn't go at first. What Bush is doing instead is shutting eyes and ears while saying, 'la, la, la, even if you do what I want, I'm gonna attack!'
Does he really want a toothless Iraq, or a bloody war?

So, all we on RO, 'please have some courtesy, sympathy, and some taste'. International message board, and all that...
Respect the nasty habits of others and don't do unto them as you'd like they'd do unto you. They may not have the same tastes...

(Message provided by MW, the Muhammad Ali of female French politic stonesaholic posters ) )
03-06-03 02:17 PM
glencar Monkey Woman, I'm disgusted with the French not because of their anti-war stance but because of the their mercenary reasons for taking that stance. Whoever thought Chirac would be such a turd? I realize that not all French people are like him but he's the one talking for now. I'm sure when this is over, we'll not forget where the French were.
03-06-03 02:53 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Rik is still my best cyberspace friend despite his misinformed and naive opinions.

hahahaha

thx
03-06-03 02:58 PM
Fiji Joe I like Moonisup too...rock on my monkey-coddling brother
03-06-03 03:05 PM
Moonisup haha

we have our differences haha

haha shattered shattered

josh must come to london!!
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST