ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

日本の弛緩 / The Stones relaxing in Japan!
By our friend Minko!
あなたにMinko 非常に感謝しなさい

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Irak war Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-05-03 05:12 PM
keith_tif Hello!

I'm French and I think Stones should talk against war in Irak like Bruce Springsteen.

Bye
03-05-03 05:18 PM
Fiji Joe Hello...I'm American and I highly suspect that you are a relative of one of the heads of the many French corporations that supply Iraq with weapons and biological agents which they in turn use to exterminate their own people...or perhaps, you just work for Puegot...Leave Ivory Coast and compensate the Algerians for the massacre in which your contry perpetrated upon them and then your anti-war rhetoric will be much more credible...

The Stones would be best served to stay out of politics...cause I will have no hesitancy in dropping them as my favorite rock n' roll group...Political advocacy kills careers...and despite the many who try it...it cannot revive careers either
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-05-03 05:19 PM
nankerphelge Hey there is a French gun for sale on eBay:

Never fired and only dropped once!

Should I buy it?
03-05-03 05:19 PM
Moonisup the USA sold Osama and Iraq stuff
03-05-03 05:21 PM
steel driving hammer Well like Keith said on Talk Is Cheap...

It's a touchy situation.

As a proud Republican I am, I was once pro war, now I'm against it.

One thing I really hate is Hollywood telling us what we should do. They wouldn't know the first thing in what to do yeah I really don't know what to do.

Especially Bono from U2, what joke he is!
03-05-03 05:21 PM
Fiji Joe The difference Moonisup...We're stealing it back...and that's a big friggin' difference
03-05-03 05:27 PM
telecaster
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
the USA sold Osama and Iraq stuff

Since 1982 here is the breakout of arms sales to Iraq:

Russia 50%
China 18%
France 13%
Poland 5%
Czech 5%
Others 10%

Others combined at 10% are Egypt, Brazil, Romania Denmark, Libya, US,
and S. Africa

NOTE: Figures exclude nuclear material sales by France and Germany
to Iraq

Source: Wall St Journal 2-14, Stockholm Peace Research Institute, French Foreign Ministry
03-05-03 05:27 PM
Joey Hello , I am American and I have have to get up and leave now to " Drop a Log !!!! "

" Bite Me Hard Ronnie "

JACKY BOY BLUE !!!!!!
03-05-03 05:29 PM
Joey " Did you hear that President Bush insists that the French fight with us
in
the war on Iraq? He feels strongly that someone needs to teach the
Iraqis
how to surrender.
_____

Going to war without the French is like going deer hunting without your
accordion.
_____

What do you call 100,000 Frenchmen with their hands raised in the air?

The French Army
_____

How can you recognize a French veteran? Sunburned armpits.
_____

We give up! Instructions given to all French Military Personnel:
1. In case of attack, cut flag at dotted lines
2. Discard red and blue sections
3. Wave vigorously!
_____

French Army tanks have five gears: four in reverse, and one forwards in
case
the enemy attacks from the rear.
_____

Why do French army tanks have rearview mirrors? So they can see the
battle.
_____

Why does the new French navy have glass-bottomed boats? To look at the
old
French navy.
_____

( Philosophical) If the French army is mobilized but there are no
enemies
around to fight will they still surrender?
_____

Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being
advertised on eBay the other day - the description was, 'Never shot.
Dropped
once.'
_____

Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris?

No one knows, it's never been tried
________
Why do the French plant trees on both sides of their boulevards? So
the
Germans can march in the shade!
_____

What did the Mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they entered
during
WWII? "Table for One Hundred Thousand?".
_____

American to Frenchman: "Do you speak German?"
Frenchman: "No."
American: "You're Welcome!"

-- Thank You

JACKY !!!!
03-05-03 05:29 PM
Moonisup not nice joey heeh

SDH you surprise me
[Edited by Moonisup]
03-05-03 05:40 PM
Fiji Joe No...but funny...hey this dude did not have to announce he was french...unless he's some kind of sadist...he did that for a reason....an antagonistic reason...

besides, with this shit coming out of france lately, regarding America..even from their own government...what do they expect...they can take any stance on this war they want...I respect their ability to do that...but they can't expect us to agree with them and like it...this ain't Algeria...
03-05-03 05:46 PM
Moonisup I know I know

but Fiji

why are it alway the americans who talk about the war,

just a war, just another pair off bad suits for the guys ou their

why why

it's about the oil you must know that, saddam must die, I agree, but why with a war, 1 group SAS-CIA is enough, at least it should be,
03-05-03 05:50 PM
steel driving hammer Hey Moonisup, what are doing up so late over there eh?

You better get some sleep tonight, you better.

All you gotta do is close your eyes...

Enter Sandman...not Sadamm. lol.
03-05-03 05:56 PM
Fiji Joe You se...this is the problem...this war is not about oil...don't be so damn automatonic...this war is about...and Bush will never admit it...establishing a democratic nation in the middle-east with the hopes that it will have a domino effect and spread througout the region thereby nullifying the types of regimes in which terrorism and murder are allowed to breed...A lofty goal?...hell yes...will mankind and your furry little child benefit immensely from such a scenario?....unquestionably

Don't be so ready to glom onto the ideas that are being offered by your corporate owned newspapers...this war has nothing to do with oil...This war is all about eradicating the mechanism by which terror is created...tyranny...Don't forsake your monkey-child for your own sense of comfort...

Besides, please tell me why the world is so preoccupied with what we want to do over there...there are many more long-standing atrocities taking place every day...free the chinese, the North Koreans, preach peace to Kim Jong Il, Hussein, C'mon man...you think we can't see there is more behind this than just an Anti-war stance?...Motherfucker please
03-05-03 06:07 PM
Moonisup WEll if i do rember it well

in the dark ages people tried to do that also! and it did not work, people try to make muslims think like us, I WON'T work

bush tries that, that terror, it ain't all the countries, just a few, you have to understand that culture to know how to act, I don't understand, you don't understand it, bush don't understand it, why bother then? What did sadam do too the states? bomb it? no. well why?
leave it

just grab osama and go away from the middle east! it's too complex over there

oh yeha

they want to rule iraq after it and all bush his friends wil go to the oil fields, don't denie that, come on.
[Edited by Moonisup]
03-05-03 06:13 PM
Riffhard You see...this is the problem...this war is not about oil...don't be so damn automatonic...this war is about...and Bush will never admit it...establishing a democratic nation in the middle-east with the hopes that it will have a domino effect and spread througout the region thereby nullifying the types of regimes in which terrorism and murder are allowed to breed...A lofty goal?...hell yes...will mankind and your furry little child benefit immensely from such a scenario?....unquestionably

Yes Fiji! Absofuckinglutly! It's so hard to tell people that the real motivation for this war is the end of the way that the Mid East operates. It's the only way to do away with the threat once and for all. Once democracy takes hold in Iraq the rest of the region will have no choice but to allow their own socities to have free elections and an open market system.

For those who argue that democracy will never take hold in the Mid East. We need look no furthur than Japan for the true answer. Japan was a country that considered Hirohito to be semi-devine as recently as 60 years ago. Over 2,000 years of history were proven to be moot once a democracy was installed.

IT AIN"T ABOUT THE OIL! Please be a little more farsighted than that.

Riffhard
03-05-03 06:23 PM
Moonisup what democracy then?

there ain't democracy in 705 off the countries then!

I won't talk about Japan. i will say bad things then
[Edited by Moonisup]
03-05-03 06:34 PM
Honky Tonk Man I don't think someone who spells Iraq,"Irak" should evan be permitted to bring the subject of war up!

Im not involved in this war and i don't wish to be. George Bush Jnr and his henchmen obvsiously have their reasons, and it should be left at that.

I think the majority of the Brittish Public are anti-war and see the whole situation as just another opportunity for Bush and America to flex their political and military muscle. This is NOT what i beleive.

I don't like war and i think it should be a last resort at all costs. HOWEVER, i feel that maybe there is no other choice. Sadam Husain and his evil regime needs to be grounded to hault.

While i don't think America REALLY needs our military support, i think it needs our political backing. And Tony Blair is with you.

Alex
03-05-03 06:36 PM
Fiji Joe Moonisup...what do you mean it won't work?...Aren't you European?...Might I mention Turkey?...There is no doubt in my mind that the Iraqi people will prosper and remain democratic...they are intelligent, for the most part non-secular, and hard-working people...I wish them well
03-05-03 06:40 PM
Honky Tonk Man Fujisaki, Rik is Dutch. Not Turkish. Being Europeon should have no bearing on the matter. As i replied to Riffhard in a previousa post - please don't group us all together.

Alex
03-05-03 06:40 PM
mikecooper I hope that the stones would never get involved in speaking about current events.

I hope that we take Saddam down and help his country. I am glad that the anti war people were not around durring the late 30's and 40's. If they were I am sure most of europe would be speaking german and thousands more would have been killed by the Nazi's. It is the same thing going on today with Iraq, and I can't believe that people dont want to support it! As in other Nations and people in america. Just think if we the people of earth could have stopped hitler when he attacked poland how many would have died?? Sure people would have died but after 6 years of fighting in europe and the south pacific more died because we waited.

I am ashamed that people of the world dont support this UN resolution.
03-05-03 06:45 PM
Fiji Joe Honky...my referring to him as European was merely to point out the irony that, given his geographic proximity to a democratic muslim nation, he claimed that muslims were incapable of democracy...wasn't an attempt to lump anyone together...As the son of a full-blooded German, I am fully aware of the uniqueness of each European nation and their philosophies...so, relax...Fiji loves Europe!
03-05-03 06:56 PM
mikecooper " Did you hear that President Bush insists that the French fight with us in the war on Iraq? He feels strongly that someone needs to teach the Iraqis how to surrender.

that is one of the funniest things i have read on this board!!

With Iraq all the countries on the planet are guilty of helping Iraq in one way or another except Iran. Yes I have to agree to the post above that this war is not about oil for America. Other countries dont want to be involved because of OIL as in it getting cut of such as france and Germany. Does the United States need Britan's help?? I doubt it but then again as alies you help each other out such as WW II.

Each day I read www.drudgereport.com and see stories that Saddam says he will gas his country if we attack! But under UN resolution 1441 he can't have gas or chemicals to do that! Saddam has killed over 1.5 million people in his reign of terror and my question to you is what number does that need to hit before some country other than the US and Britan grow some balls and stop him??

by no means do I want to go to war and fight but I would just like thousands before me who gave the ultimate and by doing so allowed me be in a country that is free.
where if you dont like something you can protest it and if you want burn the flag, but remember you can only have those freedoms because of wars!!

People of France and Germany Hitler invaded or took over your country next time something like that happens should the rest of the world sit back??

Something we all should think about.
03-05-03 08:16 PM
Scottfree Fiji, Evil Kenevel and I are with you.....
03-05-03 08:51 PM
David
quote:
Joey wrote:
Hello , I am American and I have have to get up and leave now to " Drop a Log !!!! "

" Bite Me Hard Ronnie "

JACKY BOY BLUE !!!!!!

I have one question, was it a sinker or a floater?

God Bless You
03-05-03 09:05 PM
Joey It sunk like a five pound butt rock !

Jacky !
03-05-03 09:13 PM
Fiji Joe Who you kidding Joey?...everything about you floats
03-05-03 09:26 PM
Joey " Who you kidding Joey?...everything about you floats "

Fiji , I would like your fine permission to Dance like a Clown for you this evening AND to be your bitch for Three solid weeks - OK ????????

Stones !

Jaculation !

03-05-03 09:31 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't think someone who spells Iraq,"Irak" should evan be permitted to bring the subject of war up!...
Alex

Well, Alex, jeez, in Holland/Dutch speaking regions we spell it as Irak with a 'k', not with a 'q', that's the English form, which is just as bad/good as our spelling, because the only spelling that really counts is their own, now isn't it?
I could say the same stupid thing back: "I don't think someone who spells 'even', 'evan' should be permitted...blahblah", but I won't...
[Edited by Angiegirl]
03-05-03 09:48 PM
Highwire Rob I'm still laughing over the IRONY!
Our President Bush sanctimoniously yaps on about U.S.A. democracy building in the Middle East, saving the Iraqi citizenry, etc. etc. ...

And then Turkey, a lone stellar example of his cabinet's Middle East democracy campaign votes his U.S. troops down!!!!! --On a technicality of a few votes, no less-- Yes, Democracy in action! Hahahahahahah....the irony....the irony....Hahahahhahhhh....

Oh, we're a nation with such morally righteous goals... that's why we're 15 years too late to save poison gassed Kurds!!!! And our boy, Rumsfeld was shaking hands with Saddam and the fine Iraqi Diplomats when the gas had barely settled!!

http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0802-01.htm

Disclaimer: Highwire Rob most definitely did not vote for the Bushes.
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST