ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

日本の弛緩 / The Stones relaxing in Japan!
By our friend Minko!
あなたにMinko 非常に感謝しなさい

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen sell out 7 shows at Giant Stadium. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-04-03 09:41 AM
jb NewYork/New Jersey are no longer Stones country. The boss has 7 sold out shows and we could only muster one stadium and 3 MSG....pathetic!
03-04-03 10:50 AM
jb Interesting post JB! You really keep this board alive and I for one really look forward to reading your posts. Keep up the good work.
03-04-03 10:52 AM
GimmeExile jb,

Take a look at the seating chart for these shows...Only a little-more-than-half of the stadium is being used.

300,000 tickets sold in one day for one venue is phenomenal. Bruce keeps breaking records!

03-04-03 10:54 AM
lonecrapshooter he'll need that hairpiece tied down real well with all those stadium shows
[Edited by lonecrapshooter]
03-04-03 10:55 AM
jb 300,000 seats is incredible...Not even the almighty Stones can match that! Is the price still 73.00 for any seat?
lol .....lc
[Edited by jb]
03-04-03 11:08 AM
GimmeExile $75 for field, lower level and mezzanine

$55 for upper deck.

I think if the Stones had more tickets in $50 range, they would have sold out more stadiums. I still can't get over how empty the VET was back in September.
03-04-03 11:08 AM
telecaster Who the hell would want to hear about the steel mill closing for 7 nights in a row?
03-04-03 11:10 AM
telecaster Remember this is the same metro area that elected a Senator
that never lived in their state.
03-04-03 11:10 AM
GimmeExile Who? Bobby Kennedy?
03-04-03 11:12 AM
jb The Vet was an embarrassment...why do you think Cohl never reported the attendance figures this tour!!! While the high ticket prices made it a very profitable tour, this had to be the lowest attended Stones tour (except for the mini No Security tour). I would say the average indoor attendance was around 14,850 and Stadium shows around 42,000.
03-04-03 11:13 AM
Riffhard jb it's nothing to get too upset about. I mean NJ is Bruce's hometown after all. Hell, even Bon Jovi sold out 2 nights at Giants Stadium!! I live here on the Jersey Shore and I'll say this for Jerseyites. They are nothing if not loyal to their hometown hereos. Even Skid Row sells out the smaller clubs everytime they put that shit band together.

Bon Jovi sells out two nights at Giants Stadium and people from New Jersey wonder why other folks make jokes about New Jersey! Go figure!

Riffhard
03-04-03 11:15 AM
jb I am glad to have you and Max as my 2 republican friends!
03-04-03 11:20 AM
Riffhard Why thank you Josh! It's nice to have at least one token liberal democrat as a freind. I'm happy that you are that friend!

Riffhard
03-04-03 11:21 AM
GimmeExile Riffhard, you hit it right on the head. New Jersey knows the meaning of Loyalty. Bruce's appeal is wide, though. In 1985, he played 5 sold-out shows at the L.A. Coliseum, which holds nearly 100,000 people. For his upcoming spring stadium tour of Europe, he sold 100,000 tickets for two stadium shows in Sweden (a record for that country).

I saw him in the Carolinas back in December and both arenas were almost filled. He's a great performer. Even those who don't like him have to acknowledge his talent as a live performer.

03-04-03 11:21 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
I am glad to have you and Max as my 2 republican friends!

What am I? Chopped fucking liver?

I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!
03-04-03 11:25 AM
jb I thought you were more of a libertarian Tele...but you too are added to my list.
03-04-03 11:31 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
I thought you were more of a libertarian Tele...but you too are added to my list.

Thank you JB. I don't like Bruce that much but respect
him as a live performer.

You are real popular on Gasx3 today JB
03-04-03 11:34 AM
sandrew I'm originally from NJ (near Atlantic City), and I think that Bruce could play Philly and NY once a week and sell out every time. I'm serious. I think he could sell out at least the Spectrum and MSG or Continental 50 times a year, no problem.
03-04-03 11:48 AM
steel driving hammer Isn't the E Street Bands drummer the drummer Conan O' Brian.

Btw, I can't stand Conan.

True story btw; In 1991 my family and I were at a fairly nice resturant in Chicago and Bruce was there in a corner but in plain site from our table. Yada Yada Yada, he throws his steak on the floor because the chefs would not cut it into bite size pieces. In other words, he refused to cut his own steak.

Like me, he can't play the Telecaster for shit either.

03-04-03 11:49 AM
Joey Josh .....................................

Could I please come over to the house this evening for a little " worship " and to borrow a cup of EGO ???????

Please ?????????????

See you in Denver ( Englewood )this summer for the " DanFest " !!!!

" Hit Me Ronnie "

Shecky !
03-04-03 11:50 AM
sandrew Are you serious? You witnessed this? I know Bruce's populist image is sorta played up too much, but that surprises me.
03-04-03 11:55 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

True story btw; In 1991 my family and I were at a fairly nice resturant in Chicago and Bruce was there in a corner but in plain site from our table. Yada Yada Yada, he throws his steak on the floor because the chefs would not cut it into bite size pieces. In other words, he refused to cut his own steak.

I think you saw Rick Springfield!
03-04-03 12:04 PM
Riffhard Well I can say this. I've met Bruce on a couple of different occassions and he couldn't have been nicer. As for this steak dinner tirade. That seems way out of character to me. He goes about his bussiness fairly openly here on the Jersey Shore and by all accounts has always been extremely friendly. I know of many people that have done work at his house,even trained his dogs,and everyone of them to a man has said that Bruce is very generous and puts on no pretense whatsoever. In my dealings with him that is certainly true.

Riffhard
03-04-03 12:12 PM
Nellcote Joey;

Is the "Danfest" you speak of for Dan Quayle?
03-04-03 12:55 PM
jb Funny Joey, I did the same thing to my steak the other night...
03-04-03 01:26 PM
Factory Girl I think people see Bruce out of sentiment now. His best music was written in the past. As he matured, he lost some of his fire. But, that happens to almost every musician.
03-04-03 01:34 PM
Nellcote Listening to Bruce's version of Street Fighting Man from UK'88 right now.......
03-04-03 02:46 PM
sandrew I have to say, in all honesty, I saw Bruce last summer here in D.C., and I've never seen any artist receive that kind of audience reaction. When he hit the stage, there was a ROAR unlike any I've ever heard at a rock concert, including every Stones show I've been to.

They may be coming out of sentiment, but that sentiment is unbelievably strong.
03-04-03 02:53 PM
Moonisup sentiment at a stonesshow MUST be bigger then at a bruce show

rik
03-04-03 02:57 PM
Busch1 For some reason, people here in the Philadephia/New Jersey area identify with Springsteen, and he sells out every time he's here, and this is not even counting the New York metro area.
I think maybe he's more accessible to people than the Stones, ie, he's never really been considered over-the-top, dangerous or controversial, so you get more casual fans at his shows than you do at a Stones show. I liken his crowd somewhat to Billy Joel's fan base. He's accepted, politically correct, etc., lots of sing-along crappy songs, etc.
Price is also a big factor, too. If the Stones had pricing like Springsteen's, their stadium sales would be better. But, since Bruce is supposedly a "man of the people" or whatever, I guess he keeps prices low.
The Stones have matched these kind of sales in Philly, though. For JFK in 81, I think they had close to 200k for two shows. That was a little before my time, but I think it was a record for a while. And yes, Vet attendance for 2002 was in the 40k-range, but that had a lot to do with poor local promoting and the fact that the Vet is such a toilet that most people try to avoid it if possible.
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST