ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

日本の弛緩 / The Stones relaxing in Japan!
By our friend Minko!
あなたにMinko 非常に感謝しなさい

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Playing With Arthritis Return to archive
02-28-03 10:35 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy After getting back to playing after a few weeks' hiatus, I've come to really appreciate the times when Keith really gives his all out there on stage. I have what they call juvenile arthritis in my right hand, which swells the joints and so forth like Keith's, though not to that extreme. I got home tonight and my hand was killing me, after only about 90 minutes of moderate practice on bass and guitar (playing "Emotional Rescue" as kind of a growling funk number on solo bass to impress a few friends keen on getting into the bass was as complex as I got). So with two-hours-plus of hard-rocking guitar, I've got a new lease on our boy Keith. He's really giving us a lot, and I'm sure he's usin' pills and powders to dull the pain a bit (medicinal reefer, anyone?), but the nasty swelling he's got in his hands would've retired a lesser man.

So give it up for your boy Keith, 'cuz he does more than we know for that band of his.

-tSYX --- Don' wanna be your slave!
03-01-03 12:07 PM
Angiegirl I imagine he gets local injections of some sorts before shows. It must be tough some times, but I dunno how bad his condition really is.
03-01-03 03:18 PM
McQueen Thanks for the kind remarks regarding Keith's condition. No doubt the pain at times is significant but he is one tough little shit and his love of performing dulls the pain quite nicely while at the same time bringing a genuine smile to that beautifully lined visage.
03-03-03 09:20 AM
F505 If this is true I respect Keith more than ever...
03-03-03 09:59 AM
Maxlugar If Keith could not play guitar anymore he'd just curl up and die.

So of course he would just play through it with some meds.

03-03-03 10:02 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Mick gets shots in his ass...voice medicine of some kind
03-03-03 11:49 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Mick gets shots in his ass...voice medicine of some kind

You've been watching Being Mick one too may times, eh!!
03-03-03 12:02 PM
jb Is it possible to have an arthritic penis?
03-03-03 12:04 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
Is it possible to have an arthritic penis?

LOL, I guess so!
03-03-03 12:42 PM
Hannalee
quote:
jb wrote:

Not unless it's jointed...
03-03-03 01:01 PM
Maxlugar Josh is prehensile.
03-03-03 01:03 PM
jb Save it for the monkeys!@!!
03-03-03 04:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:

Hahaha!

Naw, you need joints for that to happen. The penis (or "dongus" in Latin) isn't made out of cartilege (sp?), just some spongy tissue, though I'm no doctor.

So now you have no excuse for all that groinal agony!

-tSYX --- Hot stuff! Can't get it up?
03-03-03 04:29 PM
parmeda Groinal agony, Xyzzy?

I think not! jb has a monster...he said so!

03-03-03 05:21 PM
Angiegirl I guess you aren't looking forward to that local injection then JB!!! LOL
03-03-03 05:53 PM
Miss U. There's alot of medications out there for Arthritis, some very good remedies, including injections.
I sincerely doubt with Keith's money and resources he is in much pain at all.
03-04-03 09:35 AM
F505 Wasn't it Elton John who insulted Keith after he had said that EJ was making money out of dead blondes?
03-05-03 07:20 AM
Daethgod yer i think EJ called keef "that arthritic monkey'

03-05-03 09:58 AM
jb Elton John is a pathetic queer.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST