ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

日本の弛緩 / The Stones relaxing in Japan!
By our friend Minko!
あなたにMinko 非常に感謝しなさい

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod Laver Arena Melbourne Feb 27 setlist, pix and reviews Part 1 Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-28-03 11:08 PM
Daethgod hey corgi !

i was right in front of ya man !!

ne and my girl saw the security hassle u about the digicam.
i was the dude in front of you in the steel wheels Toronto Tshirt and Voodoo Lounge bandana..

i was up all night having a riot...

03-02-03 03:14 AM
stonedinaustralia fmk you've read corgi's view of ronnies performance above - what do you think?? - was he that bad??

if so, a big turn-around from last week in sydney??
03-02-03 04:47 AM
fmk438j Well he was definetely fooling around. A lot. Even the dude who gives him his guitars said ronnie was very very crazy that night.

He was doing too much meet-and-greet with everyone he could get his hand to (and that pic gesture thing on the bstage). I am told Mick was telling him to stop and at one point when Mick had his back to him Ronnie did a little funny impersonation of mick singing.

His playing? Someone else other than corgie said about the guitar problems also but I honestly didn't notice it all that much. I just assumed he wasn't playing, rather than it being to do with guitar trouble (I was at the Bstage so couldn't see the details). I just thought it was because of his fooling around that he wasn't playing that much. But, I found it to be an excellent show non the less, as I said in my review. Maybe Keith stepped up even more and made up for Ronnie? Keith was fantastic I thought. But again, everyone I asked liked the Tuesday show better than this so don't take my word for it.

Ronni's slide lead on All Down the Line on Saturday was HOT.
03-02-03 06:13 AM
fmk438j After Thursday's show I was lucky enough to get to go up on the empty stage with Richard Fox (he made it happen), his girl, Roberto, and Mottrush.

This was too cool. We quickly walked through the under part of the stage and saw the guitars all lined up and the other bits and pieces that I have seen in photos by lady jane and others, the Chuch photo). We then came up an walked out onto the stage. Man what a buzz. The place looks so tiny from up there, the floor so small. Would love to see it full of people. We stood in awe. Just slowly looking at keith's amps, then Charlie's kit got a good gawking at for quite some time. Mottrush was unlucky at first because he didn't get a pass when we had met up with the great guy who let us up there. He was wise to hang around though because his stomach-wrenching low shot to head-spinning high when the roadie called him up from the floor area. We were on there for about an hour. I don't how we were there that long or what we actually did all that time because it felt like 5 minutes.

One thing Mottrush and I were priveledged enough to do was actually hoiste the heavy black canvas cover that goes over Charlie's kit. We were both shitting ourselves thinking we may break something. On Saturday before the show I noted what a nice job we'd done lol.

A guy saw me through the stepped area and asked what the hell I was doing up there. He came rushing up and saw we were with the roadie and was all friendly from there. He said he was about to shoot us. This guy is Starbuck i think (maybe people know him by name and I hope this is right because I was too excited to be remembering names). He has been with then since 76. This is when he mentioned about Ronnie being quite hyped-up that night. This guy told some great things, like the way the preshow routine goes and that the setlist is only finalised at about 6 or 7pm that night by mick and keith only.

When we were talking to the two of them they say "hey do you want to go to this party?" What do you think buddy? Well it was NOT a private party, but just a specified bar where all the crew can go to chill out. Myself, Roberto, and Richard left soon after that and got changed then straight to this place and apparently Mick was leaving just as we got there (I saw nothing though, so don't count on it). We walk in not really expecting much, knowing it was open to any bum like us to just stroll in. But straight up we see Bernard sitting having a chat. I just lay low and try not to do something retarded. Lisa and Blondie were also there. Jet the support band were there too and had a good time with Roberto as he has been a big supporter of theirs at all the shows. It was a nice place and was cool just hanging in the vicinity of these people. I managed to get blondie, lisa and bernard to sign the pass I got earlier. How nice can you get? So freindly and not annoyed at some "peckerhead", as daethgod says, coming up to them.

The Onos were there and Mrs Ono taught me how to tell a Japanese girl she is pretty and to say 'book' and 'really' in Japanese.

So yeah, thanks Richard for the fun.

http://www.pbase.com/fmk438j/rod_laver_1_march_2003

03-02-03 07:55 PM
corgi37 FMk, I forgot to mention i thought your review was great. I concur with much of what you said. I was 8 from the front, and i thought the crowd was great. I was at the Depot around the time you said. I was probably playing pool with wifey. I stayed there for a while, but boy, that sydney piss that they call beer is awful. I went to another Richmond pub after the gig, and those pricks only sell sydney swill too! It is now the Monday after the gig, and i miss those old coots already. I am so biased, i know, but i reckon we got the best set in the Melbourne leg of the tour. Cant complaing about Rambler, YCAGWYW, Ruby and Mannish boy.
03-02-03 07:58 PM
corgi37 Daethgod< I DID notice you!! I envied your cool shirt. I must re-check my photos. You never know, i may have the back of you noggin in some of my pics!
03-04-03 01:54 AM
Daethgod hey corgi if u see a pic of the back of head can u post it ?
i went crazy with 4 disposables on each night and the pics are kinda ok, but i bet your digi ones rock !

03-04-03 06:03 AM
corgi37 Daethgod - What seat number were you? I was 34-35. Were you on my left or right? If you were on me left, i probably havent got you in any pics. I cant see any bandannas. The pic i thought may be you is of a guy with short black hair, near the b stage walkway. The back of the t-shirt is sort of a blue background, rolling stones written in orange/red writing and a sketched face. If you think it may be you i will email it to you. If not, i will study the originals a bit harder, as i cropped some of the ones i'm looking at. They are huge files, mostly around 1/2 a meg each! I also have about 4 tiny avi files i accidently recorded. I have like 2-3 seconds per time. Mostly crap, but i got a tiny snippet of Charlie taking a bow.
03-04-03 05:47 PM
Daethgod hey corgi
i was to your right

we were in seats 31-35 Row G

my girl had a black Hot LicksTee, nothing on back, her friend had black and white dress on, i had Steel Wheels canada shirt , my dad had a black shirt on...

03-04-03 08:33 PM
corgi37 Daethgod, i MUST have pics of youre lot. Was your dad the little white haired fella with a baseball cap? He had a camera too. Next to him, on my right, was a taller girl in a white dress. she was grooving all night. Spunky too! I just cant recall your shirt, i was thinking of some one elses. But, i am positive i have you brain in some pics. You were 31-35, wifey and i were 34-35! How unreal! I am at work right now, but i will scan my pics tonight, and send you a pm for your email address.
03-05-03 01:17 AM
Daethgod fantastic corgi

i am in SA at mo visiting my folks

yer my dad did have a baseball cap covering his greyish head !

03-05-03 06:39 AM
corgi37 Daethgod - i sent you a pm. If i fucked up, pm me with your email address and i will send you some pics. They arent fantastic, but seeing as how you were there, you might like them. Bummer of a thing though, is that i have what i now know as you dad in quite a few pics, but fortune is not shining (or at least my flash wasnt) on your glorious brain holder. Sorry. Well, at least, i dont think your in any.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST