ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: B-52's to Open at Radio City Music Hall Return to archive
7th March 2006 08:27 AM
SweetVirginia

From the B-52's website:

• The B-52’s will be opening for The Rolling Stones at a benefit for the wonderful Robin Hood Foundation, next Tuesday, in NYC!! This very exciting event will take place on March 14th at Radio City Music Hall. Sheryl Crow was originally scheduled to open but had to leave the bill due to health reasons. In her place, the Stones asked for the B’s, who are thrilled to step in!

All proceeds will benefit the Robin Hood Foundation, which funds and supports innovative poverty-fighting organizations in New York City. http://www.robinhood.org/home/home.cfm

7th March 2006 08:51 AM
Madafaka Really? Are they still alive? Wow!
7th March 2006 09:02 AM
egon love shag, baby love shag
7th March 2006 09:09 AM
Break The Spell We were at the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Somebody went under a dock
And there they saw a rock...
...It wasn't a rock
It was a Rock Lobster!!

Fred is a pretty good dancer.
7th March 2006 11:45 AM
luxury1 I am thinking it may be an artsy-fartsy crowd, thus this choice as opener. The B-52's always appealed to the "art" crowd. This could be a whole lotta fun--now to find an appropriate outfit......
7th March 2006 12:05 PM
pdog The B-52's have always been involved with charities and stuff too.
If you went to a party in the 80's (See 80's week on The Couch) during high school, you heard the B-52's... They made the best 80's party record ever.
7th March 2006 12:15 PM
Break The Spell You're livin' in your own Private Idaho
Underground like a wild potato...

They had some huge wigs
7th March 2006 12:24 PM
LadyJane Sounds like a FUN show!!!

LJ.
7th March 2006 12:42 PM
RollingstonesUSA Didnt the one guy die? I think guitar player, drummer, I cant remember....Anybody like their greatest hits album
7th March 2006 12:53 PM
keefkid
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Didnt the one guy die? I think guitar player, drummer, I cant remember....Anybody like their greatest hits album

yea one of them died of aids ... Fred something i think...
7th March 2006 12:56 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Didnt the one guy die? I think guitar player, drummer, I cant remember....Anybody like their greatest hits album

It was their original guitar player that died, his name was Ricky Wilson, his little sister is Cindy, the blonde singer, the redhead is Kate. Fred is still alive and still plays toy piano and sings / dances. The guy that replaced Ricky on guitar was keith Strickland, who was actually their original drummer. crazy, isn't it!!
7th March 2006 12:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

It was their original guitar player that died, his name was Ricky Wilson, his little sister is Cindy, the blonde singer, the redhead is Kate. Fred is still alive and still plays toy piano and sings / dances. The guy that replaced Ricky on guitar was keith Strickland, who was actually their original drummer. crazy, isn't it!!

Yeah...the redhead...I liked her.
7th March 2006 01:01 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yeah...the redhead...I liked her.

Kate is hot, she was really, really hot back in the 60's. She started out as a model. You should see some of her old pictures!! In the early years she played keyboard and bass, no she mainly just sings and does the shy tuna with Fred.
7th March 2006 01:34 PM
pdog They were The Cramps lite... I mean that as a compliment too.
7th March 2006 01:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
7th March 2006 02:39 PM
Martha The B-52's rock out....wonderful harmonies....this show will be a blast!

Who's going? Besides LJ I mean. :-)
7th March 2006 03:15 PM
Break The Spell Does anybody remember that SNL episode from early 1980 they were on?? I like the "play dead" middle section of Rock Lobster they did.
7th March 2006 03:35 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Martha wrote:
The B-52's rock out....wonderful harmonies....this show will be a blast!

Who's going? Besides LJ I mean. :-)

I'm going. And for once I may just go in
time to see the opening act.

And LJ, you MUST accept that ticket offer
and get down here for the show.

SV

7th March 2006 06:16 PM
Soldatti Is B-52 still around?
The last that I've heard from them was the flintstones song.
7th March 2006 06:54 PM
corgi37 Well, they aint exactly "hot", but they put on a good, fun show. They can be a bit rabid in the old "dont eat meat, fur is murder, save the planet, Buddhism is the path" kind of way.

But, Love Shack - man, that brings back memories.

And, Rock Lobster - that freaked my mind! I was still in shcool. And, check the clip out. The now dead dude has 2 strings taken out. Wacky!
7th March 2006 08:27 PM
glencar As long as I get something akin to the La La Land setlist, I could put up with any opening act. I liked their one song Channel Z but what are the chances?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)