ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Warm up acts for Oz? Return to archive
7th March 2006 01:56 AM
RSRTG Anyone got any ideas who might be on b4 the Stones in Sydney and Melbourne?
7th March 2006 01:59 AM
stonedinaustralia interesting question

who is the new Jet these days??
7th March 2006 03:32 AM
exile Rolf Harris
7th March 2006 04:03 AM
MarshallG
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
interesting question

who is the new Jet these days??

Wolfmother !
7th March 2006 04:42 AM
exile there is another new band called "Airbourne" I have heard.

have not heard any of their songs though

hear they are a little ACDC (in the same way that Wolfmother are a little Black Sabbath rip off, and Jet are a Stones rip off)

they might get gig, or might be another unknown as JET were in those days, 2003.
7th March 2006 04:50 AM
corgi37 Airbourne are Ac/Dc lite. Sort of like Silverchair was Diet Nirvana. Very cliched. Entertaining in a way, but very ocker, flannel shirted western suburbs stuff.

Wolfmother - Now that is interesting. I was raving about them up to about 3 weeks ago. But ya know what? They fucking bore me to tears now. The clip for "Minds Eye" is so much a rip off of Pink Floyd "Live at Pompeii" that it is frankly humiliating to watch. I dont mind retro sounding stuff, but for fuck's sake, every song is just like Live at Leeds. How many power chords can 1 band fit into a song? Nah, too college music. And, they'll probably knock it back to try to be in.

I read in the week end papers the Stones have their eye on 2 bands that is played on the week end (or it it this coming week end?) down here in Melbourne. 15 up and comers, and the SUN said 2 caught the attention of the Glimmer Twins.

Either way, who gives a stuff? I saw about 15 seconds of Jet, and that was enough for me. ANother band that is just so fakingly retro.
7th March 2006 05:08 AM
RSRTG I must admit, I didnt see anything of JET. I got to Rod Laver (03), me and my chum found our seats then quickly exited to drink some more beer (budwieser if i remember rightly) waited for Jet to finish then went in fully primed for wot was a great stones show. No, we werent blind drunk cos that wouldve ruined it but we were merry!
I did enjoy The Cruel Sea back in the Voodoo Lounge tour of 95 tho.
I was so stoned that nite and really 'dug' the version Of FAR AWAY EYES. Reading the setlist from the LA show I'm hoping the boys will surprise us with a few alternative tracks and memorable setlists....oh well, we can only hope.
It will all be good anyway!
7th March 2006 05:36 AM
corgi37 Aye, will be great!

I will need beer after Sydney.

Vodka during the show. Discreetly hidden in my cod-piece.

7th March 2006 05:50 AM
exile
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Wolfmother - Now that is interesting. I was raving about them up to about 3 weeks ago. But ya know what? They fucking bore me to tears now.

Man thats the same with me.
totally!! bore the shit outta me now. Saw them and many other bands at THE BIG DAY OUT. And you know what? I a 58 year old man called james Ostenberg better known as Iggy Pop blew ever other band off the map. including the White Stripes who by the way sounded terrible.

Anyway I didnt see Jet too much at Enmore or Sydney arena show. But I got right into them for a while. It is very fucking catchy and if you like the stones , well...

It will be interesting to hear Jets second album coming out soon. probably a flop, maybe not.

is this Airbourne band worth downloading? to check out?
7th March 2006 06:24 AM
corgi37 To be honest? No.
7th March 2006 06:43 AM
MarshallG
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Wolfmother - Now that is interesting. I was raving about them up to about 3 weeks ago. But ya know what? They fucking bore me to tears now. The clip for "Minds Eye" is so much a rip off of Pink Floyd "Live at Pompeii" that it is frankly humiliating to watch. I dont mind retro sounding stuff, but for fuck's sake, every song is just like Live at Leeds. How many power chords can 1 band fit into a song? Nah, too college music. And, they'll probably knock it back to try to be in.

I am with you there, I was watching the clip on the weekend and was thinking "man, they are even doing the same pans of the speakers.

Nonetheless, we could do a lot worse than Wolfmother and the fact that there are kids out there creating music of that genre and having it (more importantly) heard is a fine thing.
7th March 2006 06:54 AM
StickyFishFingers I don't want a support band - I want a 3 hour Stones show.

The best 'retro' band is the Black Crowes - they were doing the retro thing way before it became fashionable with the likes of Jet, Airborne & co, & the difference between them and i reckon most of the new retro bands is that the BC's mean every single friggin, lyric, drum beat, riff etc that they churn out.
7th March 2006 08:31 PM
glencar B52's!
7th March 2006 11:59 PM
exile Beasts of Bourbon
8th March 2006 01:33 AM
Daethgod New Barbarians
8th March 2006 06:08 AM
corgi37 Hey, i heard Sherbet are reforming!
8th March 2006 07:50 AM
egon powderhand!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)