ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How to answer this question about the Stones.... Return to archive
6th March 2006 04:22 PM
RollingstonesUSA This morning I went to the local record store to pick up some Stones posters for the Loving Cup, and I of course had my Sympathy For The Devil Duke shirt on, and this kid, I guess around 15/16 had a Stones shirt too, and we started talkin about the Stones, and he asked me What do I do when the Stones are in their 70's,80's, while I'm still in my 20's,30's, and it kinda caught me off guard, I said, music is the international language, it brings everybody together, while the Stones may not be playing in their 70's, their music will last forever, my friend you have nothing to worry about. Was that a good answer....
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
6th March 2006 04:29 PM
mrhipfl bad answer, the stones will be playing in their 70s. You just told him a complete lie. Way to go!

naw I think what you said was excellent
[Edited by mrhipfl]
6th March 2006 04:31 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
bad answer, the stones will be playing in their 70s. You just told him a complete lie. Way to go!

naw I think what you said was excellent
[Edited by mrhipfl]

You had me goin there for a min!....lol
6th March 2006 04:35 PM
Joey
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
This morning I went to the local record store to pick up some Stones posters for the Loving Cup, and I of course had my Sympathy For The Devil Duke shirt on, and this kid, I guess around 15/16 had a Stones shirt too, and we started talkin about the Stones, and he asked me What do I do when the Stones are in their 70's,80's, while I'm still in my 20's,30's, and it kinda caught me off guard, I said, music is the international language, it brings everybody together, while the Stones may not be playing in their 70's, their music will last forever, my friend you have nothing to worry about. Was that a good answer....
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]

Outstanding Analysis !!!!

You are much loved here ........

6th March 2006 04:36 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Joey wrote:

Outstanding Analysis !!!!

You are much loved here ........

Thank U my fellow Democrat! lol
6th March 2006 04:44 PM
Paranoid_Android There are few contemporary groups/musicians whom folks will be listening to in a few hundred years...much the way we listen to Bach, Beethoven, etc...we are lucky though that we have actual recordings of thse artist...the Stones in my honest opinion will be part of the lucky few who will make the grade.

Along w/ The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Rodgers & Hammerstien, Cole Porter, Hank Williams , Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan (and others too!!)The rRolling Stones will be the subject of thesis' and PhD's and part of the curriculum of "Music of the 20th Century" studies in the year 2306.
6th March 2006 04:47 PM
Joey
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Thank U my fellow Democrat! lol

" STUDY HISTORY! STUDY HISTORY! STUDY HISTORY! "

" The great broadcast journalist Edward R. Murrow once introduced a volume of Winston Churchill’s recorded speeches by saying:

"The voice you are about to hear is that of the only man who ever prophesized history, made history and recorded history."

Here’s what Churchill himself said:

"The farther back you can look, the farther forward you can see."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11689933/page/3/
6th March 2006 06:12 PM
pdog You should've asked the kid if he had any drugs, if he said no, you should've scoffed and walked away...
Kids nowadays don't get the sex, drugs and rock and roll thing. They must be taught...
6th March 2006 06:17 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
I said, music is the international language, it brings everybody together, while the Stones may not be playing in their 70's, their music will last forever, my friend you have nothing to worry about. Was that a good answer....

Great answer....and I would add that lots of blues
artists play late into their lives (BB King is 80).

SV

6th March 2006 06:33 PM
speedfreakjive the Stones will do at least one more world tour. Then, they will only do massive annual festivals in London, and America.

not Ozzfest, Stones Fest!!!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
6th March 2006 08:06 PM
KeepRigidsLawyer Q. "What do I do when the Stones are in their 70's,80's, while I'm still in my 20's,30's"

A. 16, 17-year-olds.
6th March 2006 08:12 PM
Joey
quote:
KeepRigidsLawyer wrote:
Q. "What do I do when the Stones are in their 70's,80's, while I'm still in my 20's,30's"

A. 16, 17-year-olds.

YES !!!!

You are P.O.S.T.I.N. my friend .

... a Postin'

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

7th March 2006 07:08 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
There are few contemporary groups/musicians whom folks will be listening to in a few hundred years...much the way we listen to Bach, Beethoven, etc...we are lucky though that we have actual recordings of thse artist...the Stones in my honest opinion will be part of the lucky few who will make the grade.

Along w/ The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Rodgers & Hammerstien, Cole Porter, Hank Williams , Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan (and others too!!)The rRolling Stones will be the subject of thesis' and PhD's and part of the curriculum of "Music of the 20th Century" studies in the year 2306.

Ha, no U2 on the list. Perhaps all of Bono's activism will outshadow any of their musical legacy.
7th March 2006 12:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
There are few contemporary groups/musicians whom folks will be listening to in a few hundred years...much the way we listen to Bach, Beethoven, etc...we are lucky though that we have actual recordings of thse artist...the Stones in my honest opinion will be part of the lucky few who will make the grade.

I don't think so. My guess is that we've reached "the end of history." There's no place left to go. Earth (or the material universe)as we know it or understand it today, won't exist 100 years from now. IMO.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)