ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone else think Mick's half-backless jackets are hideous? Return to archive
6th March 2006 09:48 AM
Mel Belli Not that I'm a fashion critic...
6th March 2006 10:02 AM
glencar Half back?
6th March 2006 10:07 AM
Martha I LOVE everything Mick wears...but I am a woman. LOL
6th March 2006 10:18 AM
Bruno Stone I think they look great in him. The one he worn in Rio was great. The same he worn in the opening night in Boston, right?
6th March 2006 10:23 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Martha wrote:
I LOVE everything Mick wears...but I am a woman. LOL

I am too. I don't see the connection???

Because I think he dresses like a Vegas nutcase a lot this tour (what's with the constant overdose on glitters Micky??), really too much over the top. The above mentioned jackets are a classic example.

Maybe he still thinks Billy Preston will jump on stage with him for some cockdance?
6th March 2006 10:24 AM
MidnightRambler i can't HATE them enough...
6th March 2006 11:43 AM
egon This looks pretty crappy as well:

6th March 2006 11:54 AM
rollmops Yes. Those jackets look weird. Probably a fashion thing. Mick likes fashion I think. The first time I saw him wearing it, it was surprising and amusing. Now the more I see him wearing it the more annoying it gets. It should have been a one occasion, just for 1 or 2 shows. Too much of it spoiled the fun,it seems to me.
6th March 2006 11:59 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
egon wrote:
This looks pretty crappy as well:

I dig Keith's military-chic look...
6th March 2006 12:12 PM
rollmops Hey.It looks better that "the Tiger Jacket" from Rio. One of Keith's worst faux pas as far as stage clothe is concerned.
6th March 2006 12:17 PM
Mel Belli You're right, that jacket was awful. I generally favor Keith's taste for animal prints, though. The '97 Tommy Hilfiger stuff was pretty cool.

Hey, speaking of bad animal prints, this one takes the cake: that bird shirt that Mick wore on the '03 HBO special.
6th March 2006 12:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think those half-back jackets look ridiculous. Every bit as bad as those shiney glittery jackets.
6th March 2006 12:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I think those half-back jackets look ridiculous. Every bit as bad as those shiney glittery jackets.

Mick's gear is atrocious this tour. Even Sigfield & Roy wouldnt of wore that stuff.
6th March 2006 12:48 PM
jb Lets be honest, Mick and Keith have not dressed well since the 78 tour...........that was unbeleivably killer!!! 81 also was cool, particularly Keith with the Black vest, ripped tee, jeans and boots.......Since 89 forward it has been hit or miss for Mick, and Keith's wardrobe dreadful Vegas cabaret......the jackets Mick are wearing this tour are a mixewd bag.....some better than others,,,,,,,,,,,,,
6th March 2006 01:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Lets be honest, Mick and Keith have not dressed well since the 78 tour...........that was unbeleivably killer!!! 81 also was cool, particularly Keith with the Black vest, ripped tee, jeans and boots.......Since 89 forward it has been hit or miss for Mick, and Keith's wardrobe dreadful Vegas cabaret......the jackets Mick are wearing this tour are a mixewd bag.....some better than others,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I thought the 89, 97, 02 outfits were dreadful on Mick. 81 was pretty cool as it is memorable (see Cape, Football pants, etc). 94 had some impressive outfits (Sympathy outfit in particular). This tour I have not been as impressed with Mick, Keith is being Keith which is a good thing, Ronnie's shirts (he will never dress as great "stage wise" as he did in 81!) look like they were all taken from the womens dept and look ridiculous (see Fenway "encore" shirts)
6th March 2006 01:16 PM
Factory Girl I need a half-back visual.

DISCLAIMER: I Do not want a Brokeback Visual...yikes.
6th March 2006 01:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I need a half-back visual.

DISCLAIMER: I Do not want a Brokeback Visual...yikes.

this is the intelligent way of thinking, yet assless chaps continue to see increases in sales most years....I dont understand!
6th March 2006 01:41 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I thought the 89, 97, 02 outfits were dreadful on Mick. 81 was pretty cool as it is memorable (see Cape, Football pants, etc). 94 had some impressive outfits (Sympathy outfit in particular). This tour I have not been as impressed with Mick, Keith is being Keith which is a good thing, Ronnie's shirts (he will never dress as great "stage wise" as he did in 81!) look like they were all taken from the womens dept and look ridiculous (see Fenway "encore" shirts)

His tee's are quite exspensive~~~
6th March 2006 01:49 PM
Saint Sway I have Keith's t-shirt from the '81 tour. The one with the drawing of Keith lighting a joint with the words "Start Me Up" in red on the bottom. Theres a small diamond on the top thru a red "x"

The designer is a cool guy and huge Stones fan. Owns a t-shirt company called Primitive Cool.
6th March 2006 02:50 PM
Egbert
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
i can't HATE them enough...

Ditto. Ronnie's the best dressed Stone these days, kinda by default.
6th March 2006 03:26 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Ditto. Ronnie's the best dressed Stone these days, kinda by default.

*Ahem*

Charlie Watts is ALWAYS lookin' good.
6th March 2006 03:31 PM
Egbert
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

*Ahem*

Charlie Watts is ALWAYS lookin' good.

Off stage, certainly.
6th March 2006 03:32 PM
Saint Sway Charlie Watts is the classiest man in the world. Voted top 10 most stylish male by Vanity Fair.

He has been immaculately dressed since he popped out of his mothers womb.
6th March 2006 04:32 PM
tumbling dice Mick is not an common man.He lives with the fame for more than forty years.He was the first to put mask,he was the first to talk about devil (in pop level of course),he was the first to wear like a women,the androgynus thing is present on him from the beggining.In my opinion he can wear what he want!
6th March 2006 04:38 PM
RollingstonesUSA I liked the jacket he wore in Atlanta....
6th March 2006 06:17 PM
speedfreakjive Of course his jackets are awful!!
Its like one of those Spanish bullfighting matador jackets they use. They make him look a tw*t!
6th March 2006 06:48 PM
Soldatti Mick's clothes is awful at best.
7th March 2006 12:35 AM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Mick's clothes is awful at best.

Like sales of ABB?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)