ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ETix "CONvenience fee" Return to archive
6th March 2006 01:07 AM
StickyFishFingers Hey guys i noticed in some of the other ETIX debacle messages that some of you mentioned your convenience fee on each ticket was $47.00. I only got charged a $18 convenience fee on each ticket. I bought the $155 tickets BTW. I wonder if the convenience fee differs for each ticket price.
6th March 2006 04:43 AM
RSRTG if I had my way, I'd be charging them an INCONVENIENCE FEE. damn it!
6th March 2006 06:28 AM
exile what fuckers
6th March 2006 06:54 AM
Break The Spell I don't know exactly how much they differ on the price ranges, but with some of the higher range tickets, they seem to be higher for a "conveinence" fee than the price of some actual tickets!!
6th March 2006 08:02 AM
Paranoid_Android The real outragious thing is that no one gives you an option to be INCONVINIENCED...give me an option...and I will pay for convinience if I choose to.

The fee is more like an existance charge..."we are here so we are charging you 20 bucks...simply because we can"...the term racketeering comes to mind
6th March 2006 10:38 AM
StickyFishFingers getting really antsy waiting for a reply from ETix.
6th March 2006 10:47 AM
Joey " getting really antsy waiting for a reply from ETix."

6th March 2006 10:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot Those fees are all percentage based. A big $$ ticket will have a larger fee.

Of course, it's all legalized thievery. Ticketbastard charges $2.50 each for you to PRINT OUT YOUR OWN TICKET!!! That's right, they charge you for the use of your own printer and ink! If you bought 4 tix it'll cost you $10.00 for YOU to print the tickets!

How do we fight them on it though? I mean, even if you buy tickets directly from a venue box office...there are STILL all those fees involved. Other than not buying tickets, what is our recourse as consumers?
6th March 2006 12:45 PM
pdog It's legalized scalping. It's bullshit too. There's no competition. Look at how the big companies have brought the radio stations & music venues... Look who owns this shit, it's a monopoly and should be regualted so these fuckers can stop ripping us off.
6th March 2006 12:52 PM
Paranoid_Android More bands should take the approach that the Grateful Dead took...actually man their own ticket office and pump out %50 or more of the tickets on their own...yes there were fees...but they never exceeded $1.75...someone has to pay the envelope stuffers...it was the greatest ticket system...with awsome GLITTER tickets ta'boot!! Now with the internet...it's a bit different I guess...but they still have the system running.

Yes...it's like a lottery...but you know WELL in advance before TM sells the rest as to weather or not you will get yours.
6th March 2006 12:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot >it's a monopoly and should be regualted so these fuckers can stop ripping us off.<

Regulated? By whom? The government? Crooks regulating the crooks? Fuck man, you get the gov't involved and they'll just change the word "fee" to "tax", and increase the percentages even higher! A $15.00 ticket will have $30.00 in taxes if you let the gov't regulate this stuff.
6th March 2006 01:00 PM
Saint Sway TicketBastard blows. No doubt. But no one is ripping us off more than the Stones themselves. $450 tickets is criminal.

no point in griping about $50 in fees if you're willing to pay $450 for a ticket.
6th March 2006 01:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, but I have the CHOICE to buy a $450 ticket, or a less expensive ticket. I have NO CHOICE in paying all those added fees.
6th March 2006 01:16 PM
Saint Sway my favorite "handlling" fee is the one for printing out your own tickets. With my printer ink, my paper, my time.

shouldnt they pay me instead?
6th March 2006 01:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, I was bitching about that one over in the Aussie tickets thread.

Ridiculous.
7th March 2006 05:04 AM
corgi37 Peal Jam had a go at trying to stop it, but it fucked them up. Here in Oz, certain venues are "owned" by Ticketek or Ticketmaster. I guess its the same in the U.S.

General public sale tix for the Stones 2 shows go on sale tomorrow. Wonder if the "fee" will still be as high. I cant recall it being so high in 2003. I paid $350 a ticket then.
7th March 2006 01:02 PM
keefkid
quote:
pdog wrote:
It's legalized scalping. It's bullshit too. There's no competition. Look at how the big companies have brought the radio stations & music venues... Look who owns this shit, it's a monopoly and should be regualted so these fuckers can stop ripping us off.

A-FUCKING-MEN pdog....

but big corps run this fucking country so nothing will ever change no matter how much we bitch...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)